Lots of Completed Trip Reports....Nov 2009 - April 2014

LOL We'd be high 5-ing each other and fist pumping if we saw a line that short for Toy Story! My boys might even do a jumping chest bump.

I just love the ducks with the security team. Speaking of feathered friends, I could see the bird against MFWOD.

Looking forward to more. I think our weather check in July will be similar to what you experienced this day. popcorn::

TK

After stopping to take a picture of that incredibly short line for TSMM, and wishing TK could be there to see it and jump in line for a spin on a family favorite...SIL and I rode California Screamin' with FPs.

I randomly snapped some pictures during our ride, but most of them were blurry. Here are the few I salvaged.

And the loop!

The 3 of us rode King Triton's Carousel next. I liked this fountain by the carousel. It looked like a bundt cake to me. Maybe I was hungry. :)

Someone in my group tends to end up on this sea horse. This time it was me.

We were feeling a little ice cream-ish when we got off the carousel. A visit to the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain and Chocolate Shop was in order. I had wanted to satisfy my sweet tooth here back in Oct. 2012, but it didn't happen. So I was excited to finally get to indulge.

We were greeted by a free chocolate sample. A cute Easter one, at that!

Cute and tasty...a combination sometimes hard to come by.

I mulled over the menu and finally decided on this:

The Cable Car - Rocky Road Sundae $9.95.
Rocky road, chocolate chip and chocolate ice cream smothered with creamy, marshmallow topping and freshly homemade hot fudge, all surrounded by a halo of whipped cream, topped with chopped almonds, a cherry and a Ghirardelli Squares milk chocolate.

(copied from allears.net)

Sounds good, right? Although so very pricy.

I took a picture of this sign while I waited for my sundae to be made.

Finally, my number was up. My Rocky Road Sundae was ready. :cloud9:

My first thought was, "Whoa...that's a lot more whipped cream than what was in the picture...and a LOT less hot fudge..." (It was funny that I went there, considering I always tell my boys that the pictures of products ALWAYS look better than the actual product itself...so dial down your expectations so you aren't as disappointed.)

I sat back and started to search for the ice cream under all that whipped cream. I'm not a huge fan of so much whipped cream. A "halo" of whipped cream would have been fine...as shown in the picture. But this was a sea of whipped cream. I suppose some people would have enjoyed this, but I did not. I felt like my sundae was more like a bowl of whipped cream with a few bites of ice cream tossed in, and barely a scraping of hot fudge. I tried not to think about the money I felt I had just wasted. I began scooping out the whipped cream. I gave some to SIL, but after she had her fill I just plopped it on napkins in front of me and in front of her.

Bottom line...I felt like this place was too expensive. I definitely wouldn't order the Cable Car Rocky Road Sundae again...and I'm not entirely sure I would return to the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain again. I probably would...just to give it one more try...but I was very disappointed.

As a side note, I remember laughing a lot while we were here. I remember the other people around us laughing a lot. And I remember noticing that a good number of people around us had spilled ice cream on themselves while eating. I know it happened in our group as well, but I just can't remember who it was. But it was funny...it was like everyone's shirt was a magnet for the ice cream! Oh now I remember...I spilled ice cream (or ice cream-tinted whipped cream) in my lap! So if you eat here...cover yourself with napkins and protect yourself from leaping ice cream. ;)

Hi Deej,
For SURE we would have hopped into line for TSMM! I've never even ridden the carousel although I love the mounts. Nice picture of your trusty steed!

I want to thank you for your review of the ice cream place. I'm still chuckling over the plops of whipped cream all over your table. 'show me the ice cream'! We'll save our money for Mickey ice cream bars :mickeybar

I enjoy your trip reports so much. Suddenly I want to scurry home to make a bunt cake....

I only have a minute, as I am in the middle of sorting through a perplexing and surprising Vons.com home delivery (Hebrew National franks? When did I order those, how did they get in my bag and was I erroneously charged for them? Did Vons give me someone else's wieners? And... Free samples of Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry and Quaker Apple Cinnamon Crunchy Granola? I didn't ask for them, but hey -- who am I to argue with free samples? Love me some Quaker!).

I wanted to quickly comment on Ghirardelli -- you may or may not recall that I got a sundae there back in 2012, during the Cars Land preview, and reported on it with prices in my TR. I enjoyed the taste of it -- it tasted fine -- but I thought the prices were/are way too expensive (even with the AP discount) for what it was. I can't recall the sundae vividly, but it seems to me that the hot fudge was minimal in mine too. In fact, it was minimal. I remember eating it and wondering why there was so little hot fudge and why it wasn't even...hot!

When rumors began swirling last year that my old reliable friend -- Dreyer's Peppermint Wonderland ice cream -- somehow inexplicably landed at Ghirardelli instead of at Gibson Girl or Clarabelle's for the holiday season, where it should have been, my first thought was, "Yeah, but... I don't want to pay almost $10 to get a scoop or two of peppermint ice cream when I could get 2 or 3 cartons of it for that much money at the store!" The ice cream was gone by the time I got to Ghirardelli, but I don't think I would have bought it at those prices anyway. Gibson Girl does not accept the AP discount, but they are cheaper than Ghirardelli!

My sundae didn't splash or drip on my clothes, I don't think, but it got all over my hands because the cup was sticky.

(And, by the way, the CM who told you that the Main Street Cone Shop had been closed for years was wrong, I think. It hasn't been open on the last few trips I've made to DLR, but it hasn't been closed that long either. They sold peppermint ice cream there in one or two fairly recent holiday seasons, so I am thinking it was open a couple of years ago.)

Also -- and this is the most important thing -- I was robbed of getting a cute Easter sample of chocolate!:faint: I specifically went into Ghirardelli on April 14th, which was closer to Easter than when you were there, to get a sample. And I got a sample -- but definitely not a cute Easter chocolate! They must have run out of them. They gave me the standard chocolate with caramel sample.

Love the seahorse photo -- seahorses are the stallions of the sea (that's what I was always told in school, when we covered oceanography and various aquatically-themed subjects!)! I also love the duck photos in the previous installment!

If you have a chance -- and before they are taken down -- see if you can find "Snow Bride" (for which my IMDB review/commentary just went live), "A Very Merry Mix-Up" and "A Snow Globe Christmas" (from Hallmark, Hallmark and Lifetime, respectively) on YouTube. (You said you saw "Let it Snow," with Candace Cameron Bure, but I don't think you saw these?) I found all 3 of them in their full-length versions on YouTube a few days ago, and since those 3 are some of the better TV holiday movies in recent years, you might like them. Also, you said you liked "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" -- another one of my favorites -- so that's why I think you might like these too, especially "Snow Bride" and "A Snow Globe Christmas."

Back to my Vons order to uncover more unexpected treasures and horrors...

Hi Deej,
For SURE we would have hopped into line for TSMM! I've never even ridden the carousel although I love the mounts. Nice picture of your trusty steed!

I want to thank you for your review of the ice cream place. I'm still chuckling over the plops of whipped cream all over your table. 'show me the ice cream'! We'll save our money for Mickey ice cream bars :mickeybar

I enjoy your trip reports so much. Suddenly I want to scurry home to make a bunt cake....

Yes! Save your money for the :mickeybar. I missed the Main Street Cone Shop, for sure. No hunting for ice cream in a sea of whipped cream there!!

I only have a minute, as I am in the middle of sorting through a perplexing and surprising Vons.com home delivery (Hebrew National franks? When did I order those, how did they get in my bag and was I erroneously charged for them? Did Vons give me someone else's wieners? And... Free samples of Brookside Dark Chocolate Acai with Blueberry and Quaker Apple Cinnamon Crunchy Granola? I didn't ask for them, but hey -- who am I to argue with free samples? Love me some Quaker!).

I wanted to quickly comment on Ghirardelli -- you may or may not recall that I got a sundae there back in 2012, during the Cars Land preview, and reported on it with prices in my TR. I enjoyed the taste of it -- it tasted fine -- but I thought the prices were/are way too expensive (even with the AP discount) for what it was. I can't recall the sundae vividly, but it seems to me that the hot fudge was minimal in mine too. In fact, it was minimal. I remember eating it and wondering why there was so little hot fudge and why it wasn't even...hot!

When rumors began swirling last year that my old reliable friend -- Dreyer's Peppermint Wonderland ice cream -- somehow inexplicably landed at Ghirardelli instead of at Gibson Girl or Clarabelle's for the holiday season, where it should have been, my first thought was, "Yeah, but... I don't want to pay almost $10 to get a scoop or two of peppermint ice cream when I could get 2 or 3 cartons of it for that much money at the store!" The ice cream was gone by the time I got to Ghirardelli, but I don't think I would have bought it at those prices anyway. Gibson Girl does not accept the AP discount, but they are cheaper than Ghirardelli!

My sundae didn't splash or drip on my clothes, I don't think, but it got all over my hands because the cup was sticky.

(And, by the way, the CM who told you that the Main Street Cone Shop had been closed for years was wrong, I think. It hasn't been open on the last few trips I've made to DLR, but it hasn't been closed that long either. They sold peppermint ice cream there in one or two fairly recent holiday seasons, so I am thinking it was open a couple of years ago.)

Also -- and this is the most important thing -- I was robbed of getting a cute Easter sample of chocolate!:faint: I specifically went into Ghirardelli on April 14th, which was closer to Easter than when you were there, to get a sample. And I got a sample -- but definitely not a cute Easter chocolate! They must have run out of them. They gave me the standard chocolate with caramel sample.

Love the seahorse photo -- seahorses are the stallions of the sea (that's what I was always told in school, when we covered oceanography and various aquatically-themed subjects!)! I also love the duck photos in the previous installment!

If you have a chance -- and before they are taken down -- see if you can find "Snow Bride" (for which my IMDB review/commentary just went live), "A Very Merry Mix-Up" and "A Snow Globe Christmas" (from Hallmark, Hallmark and Lifetime, respectively) on YouTube. (You said you saw "Let it Snow," with Candace Cameron Bure, but I don't think you saw these?) I found all 3 of them in their full-length versions on YouTube a few days ago, and since those 3 are some of the better TV holiday movies in recent years, you might like them. Also, you said you liked "The Most Wonderful Time of the Year" -- another one of my favorites -- so that's why I think you might like these too, especially "Snow Bride" and "A Snow Globe Christmas."

Back to my Vons order to uncover more unexpected treasures and horrors...

Mmmmm...I love those Dark Chocolate with Acai things. I like the pomegranate ones. Hope you got your grocery order figured out.

Yes, I do remember you commenting on how expensive the Ghirardelli Soda Fountain is in your TR. I know what you mean...I can get Dreyer's for $2 on sale so it's hard to stomach a $9.95 sundae.

TK said she went to the Main Street Cone Shop in Jan. 2012, I think. So yeah...it hasn't been closed as long as that CM said. Funny how we are more in the know than them sometimes. :)

I ended up getting 2 of those cute Easter Ghirardelli Squares. One free sample and one in my sundae.

I just watched "Snow Bride" last week! My friend came over and we watched "A Ring By Spring" and then "Snow Bride" popped up right after that so we watched that one too. I didn't care for the ending of "A Ring By Spring" -- settling it all in one final line by the lady. I liked the rest of the movie, just not the ending. I LOVED "Snow Bride," though!! I loved that the mom knew who Greta was, and decided to just sit back and watch how it all played out, and tested her with a nugget of info...to see if she would share it with her tabloid. I read your review and loved it. I liked what you said about the attractiveness of the 2 leads. :) He was certainly a handsome man. I will check out the other movies you mentioned as well.

It was that magical time of day when the lights come on. And what a great place to be when that happened...right next to Cars Land. We took the little path from Ghirardelli Soda Fountain into Cars Land and soaked it all in. The music...the neon...:cloud9:

We made our way to the RSR Single Rider line. 20 minute wait. My shortest RSR wait ever.

It was around 8:00pm when we got on the ride.

I ended up racing against my sister. It was kind of funny...we were both in the back rows of our cars. I set my camera to video mode and recorded our race. Sometimes the camera was recording what was going on in front of me. Other times I turned the camera toward my sister who was sitting on the far side of her back row. She would scream and wave and acknowledge I was recording her in general. There was a man in her row, in the seat closest to me (we were in different cars, but he was seated on the side closest to me) that seemed to think I was flirting with him or something. He didn't seem like he was just good-naturedly smiling at the camera, aware that I was actually interacting with my sister at the other end of his row. (Random Dancing Guy outside of City Hall, anyone? ;) ) He seemed to think that I was solely interacting with him in a flirtatious way. It was a little awkward at the end of the race. My car won, by the way. :)

Up next...Luigi's Flying Tires. 15 minute wait.

The 3 of us sat together in one tire. We never could get it to move. It just did the automatic-barely-flying-at-all thing, and we never could pick up the pace. We laughed a lot, though, so it's all good.

Another short wait for Mater.

We actually did all 3 rides in Cars Land in under 45 minutes. Was this really Spring Break???

I'm not sure if we did anything else in DCA before hopping back to Disneyland to close the night.

Apparently I took this picture before we hopped.

We made it back inside Disneyland and did a tiny bit of shopping. I remember buying some of the little Mickey Head lollipops, and then hanging out on the front porch while I waited for the others.

We rode Jungle Cruise and then walked right into the Tiki Room before the final show started.

I loved the show, as usual. That will always be one of my favorite attractions. My sister fell asleep and kept waking up right as I was about to take her picture.

The clock struck 11:00pm. Closing time. We called it a day and made our way to the Candy Cane Shuttle. (Which we almost missed. The pick-up spot is in a different spot than it was 3 years ago. A much better/closer spot.)

And that concludes Day 1 of our 3 1/2 days!

I love the pictures of CarsLand at night! I dream of a 20 minute wait. Don't think I'd ever get the rest of my family on the Mater ride. I'll just enjoy your pictures. Can't wait for some more popcorn::

I love the pictures of CarsLand at night! I dream of a 20 minute wait. Don't think I'd ever get the rest of my family on the Mater ride. I'll just enjoy your pictures. Can't wait for some more popcorn::

Cars Land is so pretty at night. And Mater is fun! That ride is much better than I was originally expecting.

Time for another update...

2nd day in the parks. But first...breakfast is served.

We went down for the Candy Cane Inn breakfast each morning. And this is pretty much what I enjoyed each morning.

We made our way to Disneyland and came across a smokey sight.

Was the smoke coming from inside the park? No fire engines were speeding off to take care of things...

We wondered what was up. Still no sign of anything bad happening in the parks once we arrived, so we carried on.

SIL went to upgrade her 3 day plastic grocery ticket to a 4 day ticket. My sister and I went inside Disneyland and grabbed a locker. I took my ticket and my sister's ticket and headed over to Space Mountain to grab FPs for me and SIL. My sister can't do that ride anymore. :sad2:

My sister waited for SIL and then they met me in Tomorrowland. We decided to ride Autopia before the line got too long. I know a lot of people would like to see Autopia put to rest, but I am not one of them.

Notice the lingering smoke in the sky.

Not sure I've ever done Autopia as a first-ride-of-the-morning. 15 minute wait.

I took a picture of this sign for my 1960s-Tommorrowland-loving older sister who was not with us.

We made our way to Buzz and had a less than 10 minute wait.

By this time we were able to use our Space Mountain FPs. It was a walk on.

I'm a fan of the cute construction walls.

Continuing on...we hit the Matterhorn Single Rider Line. This is the first time I've been there since Single Rider was introduced to Matterhorn.

We waited less than 3 minutes before we began our mountain climb. It is just so unfortunate that this ride isn't as good as it used to be...pre-sled change. It is slower and jerkier. And the space (lack of) in those new sleds is ridiculous. I think my 6' 3" husband has written this one off after his last ride in Oct. 2012. I wonder if my 6' 2" 14 year old son will do the same.

Of course, I have to take a few pictures of the flowers!

As I was snapping away I saw something that looked Easter egg-ish. Upon a closer look I found that it was indeed an Easter egg. I thought it was so cute and clever! I hadn't heard anything about the egg hunt going on in Disneyland and DCA, so this was quite a surprise. The egg hunt wasn't officially open for business (I think that started 2 days later) but it was fun to look for eggs. We had no idea how many there were, if they were just "hidden" in Disneyland, or if DCA got a little egg action as well. They were so cute!

Yep...that's an Easter Egg, alright. :)

What a great morning. I'm bummed the bobsleds are all jerky now too. Much better before. Your 14yo is 6'2"?? Not shoe-horning in for sure.

Breakfast of champions my friend. :goodvibes

I sheepishly admit we've never ridden on Autotopia. Our first ride at DL is always Star Tours until magic morning is up then Space Mountain. DH rides Buzz and I sprint (or walk briskly) to Fantasyland to ride Peter Pan before it's surrounded by a thousand youngsters.

wonder what is in store for the Nemo ride.

Autopia is still a fun little ride (for me) on the rare occasions I go on it, because it reminds me of being excited to ride it as a child. When I was a kid and would go to DLR with a different friend each year, one of the highlights of our trips was to ride Autopia in Fantasyland or in TL. It's one little bit of nostalgia that is left in DL that has hung in there as all sorts of other changes take place. Even the Subs got Nemo-ized, so some of the nostalgia of those has been lessened.

I think the Egg-stravaganza (I believe that's what it was called, or was it Eggs-travaganza?) officially started on April 10th and lasted through April 20th (there was a Parks Blog that announced it), but the Springtime Roundup started in late March, if I recall correctly. I don't know if your upcoming installments are going to feature more of the eggs in either DL or DCA -- in fact, I don't know if you ever "officially" did the hunt (with the maps, stickers and the prizes at the end) or if you just spotted random eggs here and there, but I am guessing we will find out!

However... I am not going to wait until then to make my egg hunt comments because they are fresh on my mind right now and I want to say them before I forget!:rotfl2:

I did the official hunts (maps, prizes and all) in both parks, and I thought they were great fun. I think that the hunt is something that Disney should and will bring back every Springtime from this point forward. Any kind of "hunt" is inherently fun for most people, and this was an inexpensive way (the maps/stickers were just under $5) to engage in an Easter-specific activity and get some exercise, walking all over the parks!

The only thing is that Disney will have to keep changing the locations of most of the eggs, because they won't get people to repeatedly buy maps and stickers if the eggs are in the same spots every year and everyone knows where to find them. They will have to switch them around.

Most of the eggs were not hard to find -- especially in DCA -- whether they were "hidden" up high or down low. I think the locations of the eggs in DL were a bit more interesting than the DCA locations. We only encountered one or two eggs that took us longer than a few seconds to zero in on.

I wish the egg hunts were more challenging and that they would also include DTD and the 3 hotels, but I realize that the eggs are set up to be easy to find for the little ones who are participating.

So I wonder if there is some way for Disney to do a sort of simultaneous 3-level Egg-stravaganza -- like an easy hunt for the little ones, featuring the giant eggs that you saw; a medium-level hunt, with smaller eggs in harder-to-find locations; and an expert level hunt (or whatever one wants to call it) with the eggs that are the hardest and most challenging to find. All 3 of these hunts could take place at the same time -- no need to stagger them and do them in stages. People could choose which level they wanted to do (like if they wanted to skip the beginner level and medium level and go right to the expert level), or they could complete one level and then move on to the next level (medium on to expert or whatever).

DLR could sell a different map for each level, and award a different Easter-themed prize for each level (slightly better prizes for the middle-level and top-level hunts!). I can't see how that would be a bad idea at all, unless I am overlooking something glaringly obvious. Disney would make more money by selling more maps and attracting more egg hunters to the parks, and it would be super fun for the guests! It's a win-win, as far as I can see it.

What do you think?

Anyway, as I was saying nearly 5 years ago, we unexpectedly found some Easter Eggs...

Wow. Dusting this thing off as I unearth it from page 20. :rolleyes1

This is mainly a test post to figure out picture-posting these days.

IMG_20151019_081520734.jpg

Still trying to figure out the picture posting thing. I was excited to see one could now upload photos directly to Trip Reports without using a hosting site. Sounded so much easier, but hasn't been as non-time-consuming as I hoped.

So why a 5 year break? Why bother finishing this thing up? At first it was just life in general getting in the way. Then there was the dying of the laptop that held all the pictures from this trip, including 2 years worth of life pictures. Big bummer for a picture-taker. My husband eventually rescued most of the pictures a few years later, and by then it just seemed that too much time had passed to even bother.

But, I realized something. The main reason I have done Trip Reports is for the little pick-me-up they give me. When I am sick, or sad, or missing Disneyland...I like to read my TRs and relive some of those moments. So...when I was sick, or sad, or missing Disneyland in 2014-2018, and I began reading, my most recent TR (2014) came to an abrupt halt. I was left hanging. I wanted to know what happened next. I wanted to see all of my pictures again and relive those fun moments. (Also...why is this TR named what it is when I don't even drink, so it couldn't have been anything me or my Sis or SIL said... Hopefully whatever the inspiration was will come back to me as I work my way through the pictures.) That's why I am finishing this up. So my little pick-me-up go-to doesn't leave me hanging the next time I need it.

Moving on! After the Easter Egg sighting, it appears we rode the Monorail. This is not a must every visit. I was actually surprised to see that we rode it. But then I saw the pictures of the subs under refurb. That's why we rode the Monorail -- to check out the view of the subs in a waterless state.

IMG_3432 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3433.JPG

IMG_3434-001.JPG

IMG_3435 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3436 - Copy.JPG

I am reminded that my memory isn't what it used to be. I have forgotten a lot of those little details that really individualize a trip. But I will carry on with some pictures, at least.

Next up...enjoying the Castle.

I don't know if there is a significance to the time on this clock. It seems like there would have to be, due to the attention given to detail at Disneyland. BUT. I have noticed the clock set to at least 2 different times during different trips, when I think to look up there. 4:00 and 5:05.

IMG_3437 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3438-001 - Copy (2).JPG

IMG_3442 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1432 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1433 - Copy.JPG

Then it appears we went to Adventureland. (Aaah. That sign.) Sis and SIL are Dole Whip/Float fans. I am not. They taste like medicine to me. :duck: I do, however, love fresh pineapple. So that's what I always go for. I remember having an extra hard time opening that sealed pineapple. I'm not a fan of the way they are packaged and it can be really tricky to get that slippery pineapple out of there. My pineapple ended up shooting out of the bag onto the ground. Memory fails me about how I ended up with a fresh clean spear at no charge. I doubt I asked for another one. It wasn't their fault. But I did get a new one.

IMG_3439 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1426 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3440 - Copy.JPG

I may not like them, but I can appreciate their prettiness!

IMG_1429 - Copy.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1434-001 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_1434-001 - Copy.JPG
    241.1 KB · Views: 3
I think I read there is a 10 picture limit per post - including emojis - if you upload directly from your computer, so there wasn't room for these last pictures.

A picture of the menu sign in 2014.

IMG_1428 - Copy.JPG

I was curious what the price increase would be after a few years. Here you go.

Screenshot_20190420-163837.png

Up next, a ride on the train. I'm a little unclear why we got Dole treats and then hopped on the train followed by a ride on Haunted Mansion. Seems a little odd.

I always take time to check out the flowers.

IMG_3445 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3446 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3447 - Copy.JPG

And I always snap a view of the Disneyland entrance from the train...

IMG_3448 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3449 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3450.JPG

This. This is one of my very favorite things.

IMG_1438-002.JPG

Not the best picture, for sure. But it is more about the memories this scene manages to conjure up from long ago. As I type this I am remembering the rest the little moving ramp conveyor belt thing gave my feet as a child. Besides the break from walking, it was kind of like a mini foot massage, what with those slight bumps under the belt and all.

I guess we went to the Golden Horseshoe next. The order of these pictures just isn't making sense. Or I just don't have pictures of what we actually did in between the pictures I do have of what we did. I'm guessing that must be it based on the time stamps.

IMG_1441 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1442 - Copy.JPG

But... a mystery has been solved! I remembered the inspiration for this particular TR title came from this show. This show which I remember nothing about except that one of the characters (maybe one of the audience members pulled up on stage?) kept saying, "I'llllll drink to that!" A little anticlimactic 5 years later, I know! I also remember we enjoyed the show.

From The Golden Horseshoe to lunch at Blue Bayou, apparently.

But first, another Easter Egg sighting while we waited for our reservation time:

IMG_3453 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3455-001 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3456 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3457 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1444 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1447.JPG

The ice cube was fun.

IMG_3458 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3459 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3460 - Copy.JPG

Aaaaannnnd I have confirmed that 10 is the limit. Food in the next post.

Attachments

• IMG_3461 - Copy.JPG
    IMG_3461 - Copy.JPG
    301.5 KB · Views: 2
IMG_3461 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3464 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3467 - Copy.JPG

That dessert was actually pretty good. I am often disappointed in the desserts of Disneyland. The 3 of us shared it. So like 1 1/3 bites per person. The main thing I remember from this meal, though, was my SIL's reaction to the bill. My Sis had surprised me and SIL by treating us to lunch. My SIL had never eaten here. She caught sight of the bill and exclaimed, "Holy Crap!" It was in hushed tones, so no one else could hear, but it was funny. I made her re-enact it so I could document the moment. We still bring it up once in a while. Actually, I did just yesterday when she happened to mention making reservations for Blue Bayou in a few weeks. So we had a "Remember that time when..." moment. :lovestruc

Then we all of the sudden appeared in Fantasyland. I have seen plenty of Disneyland ducks but this might be my first Disneyland turtle.

IMG_1462 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1464 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1469 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3470 - Copy.JPG

Now if this doesn't cue some sort of nostalgia for the old timers like myself...I don't know what will!

IMG_3474 - Copy.JPG

So many good memories of going up and down those stairs for that magical ride from Fantasyland to Tomorrowland and back. Aaahh, I can hear the screams of the Matterhorn riders, the sound of the water, and the roar of the Yeti now. I miss the Skyway!

I forgot I was in Disneyland for a moment when I saw these sad flowers...

IMG_3475 - Copy.JPG

I believe the Flag Retreat is coming up next!

This has been such a fun trip report to read! Or trip reports, rather ;-) I had a 13 year Disneyland drought too (between my high school choir trip in 2002 and the first trip my DH & I took our kids on in 2015!) and have since managed to go 3 times with a 4th coming up in August. I keep finding ways to get back there! Haha!

Anyway, it’s been really fun seeing all the pics from 2010-2014 and seeing what all has changed and what hasn’t (I recognize one of the Dapper Dans from the 2010 pic when there was the random dancing guy, I think he’s still there too so that’s awesome that he has been performing with the group that long!) Also I didn’t realize that Jolly Holiday had a different name before either.

Your pictures are fantastic too! I love love love taking pics at Disney, it’s totally worth taking a camera for :)

Can’t wait to hear about the rest of your 2014 trip! Is that the last time you were there? Or do you have any future trips planned?

This has been such a fun trip report to read! Or trip reports, rather ;-) I had a 13 year Disneyland drought too (between my high school choir trip in 2002 and the first trip my DH & I took our kids on in 2015!) and have since managed to go 3 times with a 4th coming up in August. I keep finding ways to get back there! Haha!

Anyway, it’s been really fun seeing all the pics from 2010-2014 and seeing what all has changed and what hasn’t (I recognize one of the Dapper Dans from the 2010 pic when there was the random dancing guy, I think he’s still there too so that’s awesome that he has been performing with the group that long!) Also I didn’t realize that Jolly Holiday had a different name before either.

Your pictures are fantastic too! I love love love taking pics at Disney, it’s totally worth taking a camera for :)

Can’t wait to hear about the rest of your 2014 trip! Is that the last time you were there? Or do you have any future trips planned?

Hello! Thank you for the compliments. There are a few Dapper Dans that I like to look for. It's fun to see some of the same ones year after year. Aaah, Random Dancing Guy. Little does he know the lasting impact he had with his random dancing and that we still talk about him years later!

Once you return after a drought you try to never let that happen again, speaking from experience. In answer to your question, no 2014 was not the last time I was there. I still have trips from 2015, 2017, and 2018 to catch up on. I am kicking myself for waiting so long. I love to go back and read about the random little details that make up a trip. My memory certainly isn't improving with age, so there are so many details I have forgotten. At least I have the pictures, though, so I will carry on!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!