Lots of Completed Trip Reports....Nov 2009 - April 2014

I don't remember when I first learned about the Flag Retreat, but it is one of those gems that I absolutely love.

We caught the tail end of the parade shortly before the Flag Retreat began.

IMG_3479 - Copy.JPG

Let the Flag Retreat and all the patriotic feelings begin!

IMG_1473 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1474 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1475 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1476 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1477 - Copy.JPG

Posting these pictures reminds me of my Dad's funeral, which was less than a year after this trip. He was in the Army and served in the Korean War.

IMG_2963 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2966.JPG

IMG_2968 - Copy.JPG

IMG_2969.JPG

I usually like to linger after the Flag Retreat. It is so awesome to sit back and watch our past and present military members greet each other like old friends because of that connection they share.

Before leaving Town Square post-Flag Retreat, we came across someone planking on one of the benches.

IMG_1479 - Copy.JPG

Actually, it was my Sister. :rotfl:

A walk down Main Street and we spy another Easter Egg in a window display.

IMG_1483 - Copy.JPG

I always have to check out the Sewing Machine display. It was kind of bare bones this trip. This display is one of my favorites. (Not as a kid, mind you. I wasn't 10 years old and asking to see how the Sewing Machine was dolled up that particular trip. Just one of those details I came to appreciate as an adult!) I don't think it's there anymore, though. It has moved before, but the last time I was there I didn't see it at all.

IMG_1482 - Copy.JPG

We must have had some Big Thunder Mountain FPs to use, so we rode that. I remember noticing that the gates were extra rusty after the months-long refurb/changes.

IMG_3484 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3492 - Copy.JPG

Next up, we grabbed some ice cream from Main Street and headed on over to watch Mickey and the Magical Map. Ice cream always tastes better at Disneyland!

IMG_3493.JPG

IMG_1487 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1491 - Copy.JPG

This was a fun show. I have only seen it a couple of times but we enjoyed it.

We rode Pirates next - no pictures - and then headed back to enjoy the sights and sounds of Fantasyland at night!

IMG_1515 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3496 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1519 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1520 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1573 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1562 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1563 - Copy.JPG

We rode Big Thunder Mountain one more time and then made our way back to Jolly Holiday for a nighttime snack.

IMG_1578 - Copy.JPG

We made our way down Main Street to the lockers to retrieve our things. I love this map in the locker area.

IMG_3507 - Copy.JPG

We stopped into the Emporium and I picked up these 4 plates I had my eye on. Five years later and going strong as plates-that-get-used-every-day.

IMG_1575 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1576 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1577 - Copy.JPG

A couple more pictures before calling it a night.

IMG_1579 - Copy.JPG

Goodnight Disneyland!

IMG_3509 - Copy.JPG

Good Morning Disneyland! Our 3rd day started out with just putting our stuff in a locker at Disneyland since we were going to end our day there.

IMG_3510 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3511 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3512 - Copy.JPG

We hopped on over to DCA. First ride of the day:

IMG_3513 - Copy.JPG

27 minutes after taking the picture of the horse on Main Street in Disneyland my legs were dangling out of Soarin' Over California. Legs on the left that could use a little more lotion, I might add!

IMG_3516 - Copy.JPG

We rode Monster's next.

IMG_1583 - Copy.JPG
IMG_1584 - Copy.JPG

I'm all about pictures of feet...

IMG_1585-001.JPG

Roz is my favorite part of the ride and I'm scared of Roz -- all at the same time.

IMG_1589 - Copy.JPG

A high school band was playing when we exited the ride. My then-trumpet-playing 14 year old son would have absolutely loved being a part of this.

IMG_1590 - Copy.JPG

We spent some more time in the area taking pictures and riding the Trolley. There will be some out-of-orderness to these pictures. I'm thinking this picture was taken before riding Monsters, while picking up a FP.

IMG_1582 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3524 - Copy.JPG

I realized after that last post that most of what I posted had changed. Soarin', ToT, and Aladdin. All sad things to me.

OK, on to the Red Car Trolley...

IMG_1592 - Copy.JPG

And a tad out of order, as I post from 2 different sources.

IMG_3522 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3528 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3529-001.JPG

IMG_3531 - Copy.JPG

Mad T Party, anyone?

IMG_1596 - Copy.JPG

A little Five and Dime...

IMG_1601 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1602 - Copy.JPG

And News Boys...

IMG_3534 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3535 - Copy.JPG

A few more pictures in DCA before we left the park.

"Once Upon A Time" was a big thing at the time. A display of clothing from the set in one of the shops:

IMG_1603 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1605 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1604 - Copy.JPG

Time to use those ToT FPs!

IMG_1606 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1609 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1611 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3548 - Copy.JPG

Ugh. This building looked so much better as ToT.

IMG_3544 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3549 - Copy.JPG

We left DCA and turned left to go to DTD. But first, a peek at the Disneyland entrance.

IMG_3552 - Copy.JPG

We swung into DTD for a specific reason.

IMG_3554 - Copy.JPG

I needed to pick up a little request for my then-8-year-old son. The Lego set of the hour! I could have just bought it at home. There was something about it coming from Downtown Disney, though.

IMG_1620 - Copy.JPG

We rode the Monorail back to Disneyland and caught another glimpse of the lagoon:

IMG_1621 - Copy.JPG

I put the Legos in our locker and then we had lunch at our favorite lunch spot, Carnation Cafe.

IMG_3555 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3557 - Copy.JPG

One time Oscar sat with me and told me how to make this soup. He had given me the recipe (signed) back in 2009. When I made it at home, it just didn't turn out. I told him and he gave me some tips for the next time I made it!

IMG_1626 - Copy.JPG

Wish I was having this for lunch today!

IMG_1627 - Copy.JPG

After lunch we headed over to a ride that is good post-meal. Nothing too crazy... Not a bad wait time, either.

IMG_3560 - Copy.JPG

A couple more pictures before we hopped over to DCA to use some FPs we collected earlier.

IMG_1629 - Copy.JPG

Missing one of my favorites! IJ was closed during both SIL's 2012 and 2014 trips. She would have to plan another trip to finally be able to ride it.

IMG_3559 - Copy.JPG

So we just left Disneyland to use some FPs in DCA.

IMG_3569 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3573 - Copy.JPG

We rode Soarin' Over California next, and then spent most of the remainder of our day in Cars Land.

IMG_3590 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3591 - Copy.JPG

No FPs for RSR, so Single Rider Line, here we come!

IMG_3592 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3593 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3594 - Copy.JPG

We were able to do Single Rider twice without too long of a wait.

IMG_1640 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3595 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1646 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1648 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1650 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1651 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1652 - Copy.JPG

There always needs to be a picture of a mannequin. Because they creep us out.

IMG_1655 - Copy.JPG

Goodbye for the last time this trip, DCA!

IMG_1656 - Copy.JPG

We hopped back over to Disneyland to close out our last night in the parks.

IMG_1658 - Copy.JPG

First up, dinner at Rancho del Zocalo. I preferred it as Casa Mexicana as a child, but this will do.

IMG_1659 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1660 - Copy.JPG

We love to sit with Big Thunder Mountain as our view. The sounds of the whistle of the train and the train rounding the tracks while you are eating... :cloud9:

IMG_1661 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3596 - Copy.JPG

We did see another cockroach when we were done eating. That makes several times now...

We continued on and rode Haunted Mansion, Pooh, and Pirates. While in line for Pirates, I was introduced to Disneybounding.

IMG_3602 - Copy.JPG

I had never heard of it before. (Keep in mind, this is 2014.) But I immediately could tell he was Mickey Mouse-ing.

Walls up for the NOS/Club 33/Court of Angels changes.

IMG_3603 - Copy.JPG

Last night in Disneyland = a shopping trip to Candy Palace!

IMG_3604 - Copy.JPG

After we bought our candy (always includes fudge!) we went back to the lockers to retrieve our things.

Oh how I wish they didn't close down the Main Street Cone Shop! (Oh yeah, Hi Goofy!)

IMG_3606 - Copy.JPG

We always drag our feet out of the park that final night. Not so much due to "Disneyland feet," moreso due to sadness. We love those quieter moments at night after official park closing. But we had one more morning of fun, so off to bed we went!

Just back last night from my most recent trip, Tuesday May 14 - Friday May 17th! I am interrupting the rehashing of this April 2014 trip to test out a new way of resizing/posting pictures into a TR. Here are a few pictures from this week.

PhotoPictureResizer_190518_224247526-1209x1612.jpg

00100dPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190514154138239_COVER-1209x1612.jpg

PhotoPictureResizer_190518_224620027-1104x1104.jpg

I really need to get this April 2014 trip wrapped up! The goal is to be done within a week.

So our last morning! My usual breakfast at the Candy Cane Inn, along with a couple of pictures of the breakfast area:

IMG_3607 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3608 - Copy.JPG

I remember thinking that was a little ghost out of the corner of my eye. :laughing:

IMG_3609 - Copy.JPG

A look at the front of CCI before heading out our last morning.

IMG_3610 - Copy.JPG

One last time...

IMG_3611 - Copy.JPG

Main Street at 9am.

IMG_3613 - Copy.JPG

First stop was to go pick up a Space FP. Which sounds funny now, since I've used MaxPass my last 2 trips. We passed through Fantasyland on our way over to NOS to ride Haunted Mansion. Good morning Alice and Mad Hatter!

IMG_3614 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3615 - Copy.JPG

Still making our way over to NOS and hoping to fit in a spin on the Mark Twain before we have to leave the park around 1pm.

IMG_3618 - Copy.JPG

Finally made it over to Haunted Mansion. But first, another egg!

IMG_3620 - Copy.JPG

Looks so open without the scanners out there!

IMG_3619 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3621 - Copy.JPG

A favorite Hidden Mickey.

IMG_1684 - Copy.JPG

Splash Mountain was up next. Hellooooo Single Rider line!

IMG_3622 - Copy.JPG

I don't think I've done Single Rider since this trip 5 years ago. I have no idea if this is still how it works.

IMG_3624 - Copy.JPG

I was in the back of my log...and the only rider without a poncho.

IMG_1689 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1690.JPG

IMG_1694 - Copy.JPG

Bathroom break...love this one.

IMG_3625 - Copy.JPG

One more egg sighting as we left Critter Country and went over to Tomorrowland to use our Space FPs.

IMG_3627 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3628 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1700 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3629 - Copy.JPG

OK, these will be out of order. I didn't take them after riding Space Mountain, but I'll just throw them in here. It was the 50th Anniversary of it's a small world and there was an event that day. Lots of filming going on:

IMG_3616 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3617 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3630 - Copy.JPG

More iasw filming action...

IMG_3632 - Copy.JPG
IMG_3633 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3634 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3635 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3636.JPG

Setting up the piano for the sing along.

IMG_3637 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3638 - Copy.JPG

One more egg sighting across the way...

IMG_3639 - Copy.JPG

We ended up having enough time to ride the Mark Twain before we needed to leave the park. As a kid...I definitely wouldn't have taken the time to ride this unless my parents dragged me on for a "family ride" moment. As an adult...one of my favorites, for sure.

IMG_1704 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1708 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1709 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1710 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1711 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1713 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1717 - Copy.JPG

Now it was time to ride it's a small world!

IMG_1720-001 - Copy.JPG

Loved this shirt the man in front of us was wearing...

IMG_1723 - Copy.JPG

Flower detail for the 50th...

IMG_1725 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1751 - Copy.JPG

Hang in there, just a couple more fairly wordless posts! I guess that's what happens when 5 years pass by in between posts!

OK. That dreaded time. The last ride of the trip. Sometimes it's POTC, sometimes it's Big Thunder. This time it was Big Thunder. And grrrr. It broke down just as it was our turn to board. :sad2: This was not the first time that this was our chosen last ride of a trip, and then had to exit right before boarding. It's extra not fun when you're geared up for something as the last hurrah ride, and it doesn't pan out, and there is no time to replace it with something else.

IMG_1761 - Copy.JPG

The Mass Exodus.

IMG_1764 - Copy.JPG

We basically just had enough time for lunch before leaving the park and heading back to Candy Cane Inn to catch a Super Shuttle to the airport. We love eating at Hungry Bear, and especially love the cool, relaxing atmosphere next to the water on warm days. I'm just sad they no longer serve this Fried Green Tomato Sandwich and whatever the slaw was. Sooooooo good.

IMG_1765 - Copy.JPG

IMG_1767 - Copy.JPG

My mouth is watering, just looking at the slaw picture. Mmmm. So good.

IMG_1769-001 - Copy.JPG

After lunch we made our way to the Exit. This is the time when I just take pictures willy nilly as I walk out, sad to leave.

IMG_3640 - Copy.JPG

Sadly, this was my only Oscar sighting at Carnation Cafe this trip. He wasn't there when we ate lunch earlier in the trip. I wondered if he would ever sit and chat at my table again since it seemed like he could retire at any moment. Spoiler Alert: He would.

IMG_3645 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3648 - Copy.JPG

Even the flowers looked sad that we were leaving!

IMG_3649 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3650 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3651 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3655 - Copy.JPG

We were very sad that we would be missing the Sing-Along happening an hour after we left.

IMG_3656 - Copy.JPG

One last look. Until next time, Disneyland! Whenever that will be. That's always the hard part. Not knowing when I will return.

IMG_3658 - Copy.JPG

IMG_3659 - Copy.JPG

Back at CCI now, wishing we were boarding this shuttle instead of the Super Shuttle... Sigh.

IMG_1771.JPG

And that closes the book on the Great Girls' Trip of 2014!

I have 4 more trips to catch up on since then, so stay tuned!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!