IIIEEEEEEEE.......What a Trip!

Happy Mother's Day! Love all your shirts. So cute :flower1:

Love the pic and your shirts. Hope you had a good mother's day!

Hey everyone.....sorry for my long absence......life got very busy and lots of stuff happening at home.
Quick recap~~~~as the program coordinator for our county Special Olympics, I've been getting everything ready for our regional games. Since I'm new in this position, I've been learning as I go. Lots to take care of.....it has consumed many hours of my days the last few weeks. Then we had the girls birthday, as well as school field trips, programs, sports practices, etc.
The biggest news would be that Tyler (my 31 yr old son who is our live-in caregiver for the twins) moved to Florida. HUGE transition going on at home right now. Tyler has always been there when I needed him. Now I'm learning quickly that I can't just run out the door and lots of planning has to go into me setting appointments, being called in for work, running out to do Special Olympic stuff, etc.
So that's what life has been handing me lately. I am ready to start our Day 2 at Universal as soon as I can put together 30 minutes to myself.
Please hang in there!!!

no worries. I knew you had a lot going on. We will be here when you are ready. Good luck with all the changes!!

Ok, let's get at least one update in today! So Day 2 was a no alarm clock morning.....we slept in and got a late start. We are at Universal Studios Florida park. We drove to and got parked, made our way through CityWalk and to the Universal Globe.

We headed towards the entrance of the park.

Derek & I headed to the Ticket Kiosk to pick up Mike's & my ticket for the day and Mike took these pictures:

We made our way through the gates and stopped for another photo.......gotta love our matching shirts for the day. Sara & Derek owned the Thing 1 & Thing 2 but she bought Mike's & my shirts.

We decided before we started hitting the rides and stuff......a little caffeine and food might be in order. We went to Boulangerie for a quick bite.

**Soda, cookie, cherry danish and a muffin = $11.16 + Tax**

Outside of the little bakery was a band and some dancers.

After our snack, we walked up Production Central and to New York.

We went into the NBC Buildiing to experience the Racing Through New York with Jimmy Fallon. Seeing the memorabilia from the different years and hosts was neat!!

You are handed a colored "ticket" and would wait for the lights to change to that color before moving into the queing area. We were in the Red Group.

Once in the "lobby", you are entertained by the Ragtime Gals barbershop group.

Once your color lights up, you move in to experience the motion sensor ride. I thought this was a fun ride!!

After running through New York, we decided to run from The Mummy!! These are as we wandered towards the Mummy attraction.

Derek, Sara & I rode the Mummy.......it was AWESOME!!!

Mike stayed in the New York area taking pictures.

While Mike was taking his pictures, the Marilyn Monroe Street Show started, so he watched and took pictures.

Good luck with all your adjustments.

Great pictures. Looks like everyone was having fun in the mummy pic. Can't wait to try that and the Jimmy Fallon ride. 26 more days until our trip!!

Can't wait for more

:yay::yay::yay:

loved the update. How was the Jimmy Fallon motion wise? They were still building it when we were there last time but it looked interesting. That rip ride rocket, shelby did it but said it was terrifying, which says a lot considering they are pretty brave.

Your shirts crack me up :rotfl2: Hoping that Tyler is settling in ok in Florida. Kelly, I've done Rip Ride Rockit :scared1: and I loved it both times

I am so behind on your TR! So many great updates! I will try to pop back and do an actual check in, but awesome updates as always :)

Was just reading your updates in better detail- mike really got some great pictures at Cali Grill!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter