iFit and run disney virtuals

fitgirl36

DIS Veteran
Hello, I signed up for the three virtual races this summer and was wondering if anyone knew anything about Ifit. I have a Nordic track c900 treadmill but don't know anything about ifit. I was thinking I could use it to map a 5k around Disney and use google maps to see my route. Is that possible? Thanks for any info.

iFit has a few Disney races on it already created from other runners. I have a Nordic track treadmill with iFIt and ran a mock Wine and DIne half on it. At some points the running video does cut out as they images aren't available to broadcast.

Sort of. In general, you can create a course with iFit, and if Google Street View is available on the course you create, then you will see the route as you run it. Inside the Disney World parks, Google Street View isn't available; however, many folks have submitted Google Photo Spheres, so there are pictures you will see as you are running through the parks. It is not the same as if Google Street View was available, but it's something. For example, you may have some daytime pictures immediately followed by nighttime pictures, or you may have some pictures of the inside of buildings, and there are also spots where there is no coverage, so you will see nothing.

Thank you for the information. That sounds cool about the wine and dine and google street view would be awesome if it could be used to run Around the Resorts!

I'm used my iFit to create my virtual runs. The first one is on the streets around Disneyland, the second one is around Disneyland Paris, and the third one is at Tokyo Disney. I decided to do it outside of the parks, because I prefer to use the street view when I am running. It's still cool to be able to see the park entrances and the surrounding areas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter