If you were choosing, which would you choose? Jan or Feb 2020

FosterLovesMickey

Ready for Disney......
I'm currently booked for a trip 1/10/2020 - 1/18/2020, but I'm considering changing to 1/31/2020 - 2/8/2020. We're booked at Port Orleans French Quarter and will likely stay there, unless a substantial deal opens up at another resort.

We've done that week in January and, excepting the race weekend, we didn't think it was too bad. But, just wondering if it might be even better if we pushed it out.

As far as rates, it's a little bit less expensive for the Feb week - but, not by much.

Thoughts?? I've done Disney so many times - but, I still can't help myself with wanting to have other people give their opinions, as well!

Thank you!!!!

If you're not participating in Marathon Weekend, I'd move it to the end of January/beginning of February--that's actually what I did when I decided I wouldn't do Marathon weekend in 2020 but still wanted to go. From what I've heard the week following actually isn't bad (haven't actually been during that specific time period), but I figure the races are going to slow down traffic around property through the 12th and if you're not there to partake in the activity causing all that fuss, why deal with it?

If you're not participating in Marathon Weekend, I'd move it to the end of January/beginning of February--that's actually what I did when I decided I wouldn't do Marathon weekend in 2020 but still wanted to go. From what I've heard the week following actually isn't bad (haven't actually been during that specific time period), but I figure the races are going to slow down traffic around property through the 12th and if you're not there to partake in the activity causing all that fuss, why deal with it?
We were actually there, the same week (weekend of and week after), and you’re right. It wasn’t that bad. So it isn’t so much a matter of being worried about that week, itself (though there is GE to contend with this year, as well), as much as just wondering if the first week of February might be significantly better. Sigh... so many things to consider!! Thank you for weighing in!!!

Looking at weatherspark.com, seems like your chances for good weather may be better in February.

But the end of Jan is the NFL Pro Bowl events held at Disney The game is Feb 2 in 2020 but the other events occur over the course of several days leading up to the game. The last weekend in Feb would be a better time to go. weather wise and crowd wise plus it will be Flower and Garden time at Epcot to get you in the mood for spring

But the end of Jan is the NFL Pro Bowl events held at Disney The game is Feb 2 in 2020 but the other events occur over the course of several days leading up to the game. The last weekend in Feb would be a better time to go. weather wise and crowd wise plus it will be Flower and Garden time at Epcot to get you in the mood for spring
The pro bowl didn’t really have any effect last year, the week of the Super Bowl there’s nothing going on. All the pro bowl activities are done on the 26th and I’ve been Super Bowl week 3 years in a row and the crowds are pretty slim and the weather has been great. So if the o.p. is arriving on the 31st there would be no NFL activities, all activities would be in Miami for the lead up the Game on the 2nd.

Huh, I had not been aware of the Pro Bowl! It looks like Touring Plans doesn't think it significantly impacts crowd levels, though. My issue with Marathon Weekend is more that they actually close down or restrict traffic on some of the roads on property since those roads form parts of the race course, and I've heard it can cause bus delays.

We have done both weeks that you are thinking about and we didn't have a lot of crowds either week (even with race weekend)

I would probably do the later week just for the chance of slightly better weather having done both before.

Thank you, all, for your input. In further discussions with my oldest daughter, she thinks the Jan week may be better in terms of her college classes - so, looks like we'll be sticking with that week (for now, at least). As I mentioned, we were there - the same week - last year, and really didn't have any issues (excepting some extra traffic the day - Saturday - we arrived, as we were staying at WL and we were hitting race traffic).

Again - thank you for your input, I really appreciate it!!

We might be going in the beginning of Jan also. If you went last year at the same time what was the weather like? That is my big concern with going in Jan.

We might be going in the beginning of Jan also. If you went last year at the same time what was the weather like? That is my big concern with going in Jan.

We have had wonderful weather most January trips. Our 'coldest' was in February 2013 (we were utterly unprepared and had to buy clothes). But, now we pack for anything in the Jan / Feb time frame. lol

I like the early weeks of January personally. 👍

We've settled on Jan, again, for next year. We enjoy that time as well.

Marathon brings a lot of people but you won't see too many of them in the parks afterward. Speaking from experience, after that all you want is some food and a nap. I'd still push to February though. Better weather, no road closures, fewer people.

Marathon brings a lot of people but you won't see too many of them in the parks afterward. Speaking from experience, after that all you want is some food and a nap. I'd still push to February though. Better weather, no road closures, fewer people.

At this point, we've decided on January (but, we've done it a number of times before - most recently, last year), so at least we know what to expect (and, truly, it wasn't too bad!!). I've never done the marathon, but I can imagine that would be me too - ready for food and a nap!! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter