• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

If You Were an Imagineer

rastahomie

Registered
Pretend that you are an Imagineer. You can make any improvements to WDW that you want to, be it something related to parks, attractions, restaurants, etc. You have complete authority to spend any amount of money necessary and tear down/remodel/rebuild anything you like. You can also implement procedural changes (such as Fastpass policies or whatever). The only rules are:

1. Nothing that is patently ridiculous or implausible, such as covering the entire property in a dome to keep it climate-controlled year-round.

2. No tearing down existing attractions to bring back previous attractions (so you can't tear down Winnie the Pooh and bring back Mr. Toad, but you can tear down Winnie the Pooh and replace it with something new entirely).

3. Nothing that violates Florida or US laws.

I'll start:

1. PARKS: I would forge ahead with the oft-rumored "Dark Shadows" theme park, which would be based on villains. It would basically be the opposite of the Magic Kingdom; attractions would be more aggressive (like what you would find at IoA or Six Flags); the central castle would be dark and foreboding; there would be a Halloween party that is actually scary, like Halloween Horror Nights at Universal. Of course, it would all be tongue-in-cheek and, you know, Disney.

2. ATTRACTIONS: I would gut Stitch's Great Escape and let the building sit empty until someone came up with an actual, good idea for the space.

3. RESTAURANTS: I would add a place that specialized in sushi, instead of offering sushi as just another menu item. I'd also try to find some place to offer Indian cuisine. Perhaps an Indian buffet near Expedition Everest.

4. RESORTS: I would create an entirely new category of resorts. Call it the "Express" category. Build small, stripped-down motels with zero amenities: no bell service, no food courts, no pools, nothing, but still offer on-site bonuses such as EMH, package dispatch, etc. Put the price in the $40 range so it would be competitive with what budget travelers would find in Kissimmee.

5. TRANSPORTATION: Reduce road congestion by building something akin to a modern, urban light-rail system.

6. PARKS: Find a way of putting out portable bleachers on Main Street, USA for parades. I know it's possible; the city of New Orleans manages to put up temporary bleachers on parts of parade routes for Mardi Gras.

7. RESORTS: Do something, anything, with the rotting carcass of the Legendary Years. Finish it, tear it down, convert it to family suites, whatever.

That's all I've got for now. What are your ideas? popcorn::

1. PARKS: I would add another loop to the World Showcase, featuring places like Australia, Ethiopia or Kenya, Egypt, Israel, Russia, Brazil, India, and somewhere in the Caribbean. I'd also reduce stroller rental costs again. Personally, I'd like to see more thrill rides so that maybe the lines on the existing ones would be a little shorter.

2. ATTRACTIONS: I would revamp every ride that involves waiting an hour to ride in a car past a bunch of dioramas. I'd add technology like USIoA has in the Spiderman ride. Snow White would be the first to go modern. Then Peter Pan and Winnie the Pooh. Pirates of the Caribbean would be upgraded completely to match the technology of the PoTC movie upgrades. The Jungle Cruise and the RR need upgrades to the scenery as well.

3. RESTAURANTS: Expand dining plan options. Allow patrons to choose between dessert and appetizer. Encourage, nay... require restaurants to cook fresh specials daily and vary their menus. Half size portions available at children's meal prices to give kids a variety of choices.

4. TRANSPORTATION: I would expand monorail options, starting with a quick way to get from the International Gateway to the Epcot main entrance gate. Maybe install a call system from the bus stops to a central command so they can gauge supply and demand. At the resorts, you could report the number of people waiting and the destination desired. At the parks, you'd have a way to call someone if you've been waiting for 40 minutes and haven't seen a bus for your resort yet.

5. RESORTS: More family suite options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter