• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"If you say Neopets is stupid, then you're saying that the people are too"

StitchfansJr

<font color=red><marquee>Hold your head high heavy
That's what the person that I talk to said to me. She isn't a friend since she told me she doesn't want to be my friend. She talks to me all the time. -.-
We were having this conversation about Neopets because she loves it.

Katie: "I like Neopets. It's such a fun site!"
Me: "Umm..It sounds kinda stupid to me."
Katie: "I dare you to say that to tons of people who play Neopets."
Me: "That's just my opinion."
*A few periods later*
Katie: "You know, what you said earlier..about Neopets bothers me."
Me: "Well, I was JUST stating my opinion."
Katie: "If you say that Neopets is stupid then you're saying the people that PLAY Neopets is stupid too."
Me: "That's just like with Disney-"
Katie: "No, it's not."
Me: "Yes it is. It's JUST like with Disney. Everyone says Disney is stupid, so people hate people who like Disney. Which is why, I am unliked. And I don't really care about that."
=/
I wish Katie would leave me alone. -.-

People get too defensive when you don't like something they love.

Is this that same katie you made the thread about? Cause if so, yikes, what is this girl's deal? And I thought that a lot of ppl like Disney:confused3

I think also how you told her you didn't like it, maybe wasn't the nicest? I really hope you work things out.

im sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but dont acknowledge her existance (unless she says something to you, then be very brief in your responses).

im sorry if this sounds a little harsh, but dont acknowledge her existance (unless she says something to you, then be very brief in your responses).
I know. The problem is that she talks to me all the time. She won't leave me alone. =/
I think also how you told her you didn't like it, maybe wasn't the nicest? I really hope you work things out.
Maybe. I don't know if Katie is gonna be a little...umm "mean person" one day or a nice person.
Is this that same katie you made the thread about? Cause if so, yikes, what is this girl's deal? And I thought that a lot of ppl like Disney:confused3
Yes, it is. I thought a lot of people like Disney too, but I guess not that many people do at my school.

Like Hilary said, people just get really defensive when you don't like something they love.

P.S. If you don't like this girl Katie, I'd try talking to her. It feels really awful to just be ignored by someone who you think is your friend. One of my "friends" did it to me in 4th grade, and for some reason it just really hurts. Maybe nicely talking to her about it would help?

Best of luck. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter