If you have an AP, can you get discounted additional tickets?

iujen94

DIS Veteran
I'm contemplating getting an AP for Universal and was looking at the pass benefits. One of them (for all levels of AP) is "discounts on theme parks and special events tickets." By any chance if I have an AP could I buy some kind of discounted theme park tickets for the rest of my family? It seems too good to be true, so I'm guessing no, but thought I'd check. Thanks!

Yes. Multiday tickets, and it's a discount off the cost of the ticket at the gate. So know the gate price and the online price, and figure out if the AP discount is worth it.

Yes. Multiday tickets, and it's a discount off the cost of the ticket at the gate. So know the gate price and the online price, and figure out if the AP discount is worth it.

Is the discount a set percentage? Thanks for the info!

it's a percentage

10% for seasonnal passes, and 15% off for the other APs. Up to 6 tickets per day per AP

it's only valid on multiday tickets, excluding the 3 parks unlimited tickets, express passes, and tickets that include express pass.

note that tickets at the gate are more expensive than online, and by the time you purchase the tickets at the gate, the tickets price might have increased.

it's a percentage

10% for seasonnal passes, and 15% off for the other APs. Up to 6 tickets per day per AP

it's only valid on multiday tickets, excluding the 3 parks unlimited tickets, express passes, and tickets that include express pass.

note that tickets at the gate are more expensive than online, and by the time you purchase the tickets at the gate, the tickets price might have increased.

Is there a way to check the gate price for a 5 day 2 park to park before I arrive on 3.Aug.? I see the online price is $295 before tax.

I have a Power Pass so, I would get the 15% discount, but I can't compare to the the price I see at ticketsatwork.com to make a good decision.

Thank you,
Julie

Is there a way to check the gate price for a 5 day 2 park to park before I arrive on 3.Aug.? I see the online price is $295 before tax.

I have a Power Pass so, I would get the 15% discount, but I can't compare to the the price I see at ticketsatwork.com to make a good decision.

Thank you,
Julie

I wound up using undercovertourist over tickets at work vs online vs gate discount for a 3 day (w/ vbay p2p) ticket when I was looking for some family visiting. It wound up being the cheapest there, believe it or not.

I wound up using undercovertourist over tickets at work vs online vs gate discount for a 3 day (w/ vbay p2p) ticket when I was looking for some family visiting. It wound up being the cheapest there, believe it or not.

Thanks for letting me know - I think that's where I will end up. I have been looking for weeks for U and WDW. No real discounts to be found compared to previous years.

At least we got a good deal renting points for Dis and APH rate for PBH.
:hippie:

I was unaware you can get a discount on other APs with your own AP. Anyone ever done this? Seems to good to be true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!