If you had to pick 4 parks to see what would they be??

SAVINGUP

Earning My Ears
Mainly with kids in mind (ages 11,9,3).
I figure the MK, they want Universal (because of Nick) and Seaworld, but what about AK vs. EPCOT and MGM?? Are the water parks worth it (as a priority vs. fillers). I really wanted to do AK but more and more people are telling me they were disappointed--with MGM and Universal too!
Thanks for your input! I know everyone is different but it's nice to hear the pro and cons!

1) Magic Kingdom - lot's for everyone to do,the "heart" of WDW.

2) MGM - lot's for the older two...R-n-RC,ToT,Star Tours etc..Stuff for everyone like shows,Muppets.

3) Animal Kingdom - we really like AK :) It has the walking trails,KRR,Safari,ITTBAB,Tree of Life(a must see) and lot's more.

4) Universal (only because you have it on your list so I assume you want to go there).

We've been to Epcot twice and that's the park I'd skip for Universal.

My friend went to Seaworld and thought it was a big rip-off.

We've been twice and haven't hit a water park yet.The kids are just as happy at the hotel pool(I say this because they have never been to a water park ;) )and I can't justify the expense for you unless you have a multi-day pass that let's you get in for free(example LOS).

Good luck!

I'm not to big on Sea World. My friend though is about as nuts for Shamu as most are for Mickey. If you family is loves sea stuff that much I would say skip Sea World for this trip but go to Six Flaggs in Ohio instead some time. I don't know where in NY you are but if you are on the western side it can't be that far away. Six Flaggs took over Sea World in Ohio and they have a killer whale there plus the usual dolphin, water ski shows. Just my (not so) humble opinion!:smooth:

If you do the main Disney parks (AK, Epcot, MK, and MGM) you can get a four day park hopper pass and really drastically increase your flexibility....get to MK and its too crowded, get on a bus and in 20 minutes you are at AK. Spend the day at MGM and now really want to have dinner in France - Epcot is 30 minutes away - and your park hopper lets you move freely between them.

If your kids are water park age, the Park Hopper Plus gets you admission to the water parks as well - so you can spend the morning at the MK and the afternoon at the waterpark.

Universal and Sea World, not being Disney parks, require seperate ticket admission. I haven't been to Universal at all (although I hear wonderful things about it) and haven't been to SeaWorld for years (and hear its been through a complete change since I've been there). But I think, given that you have a pretty limited stay, you begin looking at daily admission to the Disney parks at that point - in which case you are stuck at a given park on a given day.

We loved AK - I'm not a big fan of MGM. Epcot is a lot of people's favorite park - but it depends on your kids ages and temperment. If your kids are "big rides" kids - do MK (because that is what most people think of as Disney - although it isn't alot of thrill rides), MGM and Universal. Intellectually minded families who aren't fond of rollercoasters may prefer SeaWorld, Epcot and AK.

With the ages of your kids, I would do:

MK: this is truly the essence of Disney, and the Mountains there are GREAT! This is a definite MUST!

MGM: they will LOVE RnR and ToT, and probably want to ride them ALOT! My DD loves to go to Who Wants to be a Millionaire, she also loves Catastrophe Canyon, Star Tours, and the Great Movie Ride. And by all means, you HAVE to see Fantasmic. You could always split this day with AK. Do AK in the Morning, and them hop to MGM later in the day, depending on the time of year you will be there.

AK: As I said above, if you do it right, you can see the highlights of this park and the highlights of MGM in one day... if the parks are open later, or if you are there when it isn't crowded. Make use of the Fastpass option, as well! Here, they will want to go on Primeval Whirl, Dinosaur, Kali River Rapids and Kilomanjaro Safaris, and probably see It's Tough to be a Bug. Don't forget the Festival of the Lion King, by far the best show on property!

Island's of Adventure: If they love rollercoasters, flume rides and other such thrill ride types, you definitely DON'T want to miss this park!

As for the water parks, they will probably like Blizzard Beach the best. I would use it as filler, though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter