If you had to choose......

Help me decide......

• last week in August

• April vacation

• February vacation

Results are only viewable after voting.

hygienejean

Diser since 2002!
My family and I are going to go to WDW in 2004. My sister is a kindergarden teacher and she is only available during school vacations. Bummer! We originally thought of going the week of Patriots Day in April. School vacation...I know it will be jam packed. a friend suggested the last week in August before school starts. She said she went last year and the crowds were low. She said the heat was just as bad in August as it was in April for her visits. What do you all think? Is the heat the same? How about the crowds? I am willing to deal with the heat if the crowds are low.....Please help! :(

I would choose the last week of August, and this is why:

Never again would I go in April.. especially around Spring Break. We couldn't even move in the MK, and maybe rode 5 attractions all day. It is VERY expensive, and even though the parks are open later, it is not worth the struggle of battling the lines for EVERYTHING!

In February the weather is very unpredictable, and if you like going to Florida, as we do, for warm weather, this isn't good. Also, only the 1st week of February is considered value season, and then the prices go WAY up. Also, the time around President's Day is very crowded, and the parks aren't necessarily open any later, making proficient touring difficult.

Finally August... yes, it is hot, but it is value season, most of the kids are back in school, the crowds are very low, and you can get more for your money at this time. Just remember to drink lots of water, use your fan mister, and use your sun screen.

I'd recommend going in late August or Early February. Both of those times are value season at WDW! For 2003, value season ends 2/12 and begins again on 8/24.

April is peak season - higher rates and it is very crowded.

Beth

If you do decide to go in April, just make sure that Easter doesn't fall during your trip. I hear that parts of April aren't too, but Easter week is crazy busy.

I've gone the last week in August several times and it's not too bad. I usually plan my trip so that I'm not their for all of Labor Day weekend (I usually travel home the Saturday of Labor Day Weekend).

Karen

I would avoid WDW in April. I think it will be too busy.

My first choice would be August.

I would choose the last week of August b/c everyone in the South will have gone back to school before then(like I go back around August 14th next year) so half the country will be in school and some of it even starts that week so crowds shouldn't be bad

Sorry, I voted wrong. I voted for February and then I read your post. Early February is the only time in February to go. Teachers are more likely to have Presidents week off. If you can go in early February, then go then; we've always enjoyed going in February. Last year was late January. When you get a warm day, be sure to swim.

If you can't go in early February, go late August. August your going to have a lot of high temps and humidity.

Lori

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter