If you had to choose a week

APRIL APRIL APRIL! best weather and no stress of missing school. We go yearly this week, and its been fine! People get so scared off and we have never seen any park closing due to capacity.

May would be best. Not so many crowds as the other times and hot, but not as hot as July for sure. July is hot and uncomfortable and crowded. Ugh.

The thing with May is the older kids for school. Are they in sports or other after school activities that can't be missed? Do they do well in school? For the HS student, what is the culture at the school for kids missing a few days?

We just moved to a new school district so I have to ask about the missing school days.

APRIL APRIL APRIL! best weather and no stress of missing school. We go yearly this week, and its been fine! People get so scared off and we have never seen any park closing due to capacity.

If we go in April we will still miss school. Texas Spring break is always the second or third week in March.

I am thinking now that maybe we can go in June. Around the second week..
No school missed, hopefully crowds are manageable. Weather will be hot but not as hot as July.

Last edited:

Also school for us always starts the last Monday in August. We could do the first week in September. It might be better for the kids to miss 4 days in the beginning of the school year than the last part of school.

Also school for us always starts the last Monday in August. We could do the first week in September. It might be better for the kids to miss 4 days in the beginning of the school year than the last part of school.
I wouldn’t have my child miss the first week of HS.

I wouldn’t have my child miss the first week of HS.

Once I talked to my DS about missing the first week he said no. So now I am down to these two weeks.

June 1st- June7th
July 13th-July 19th.

I know I keep changing but I want to make the best decision for my kids first trip to Disney. I didn't realize picking a week for vacation was the hardest part.

Once I talked to my DS about missing the first week he said no. So now I am down to these two weeks.

June 1st- June7th
July 13th-July 19th.

I know I keep changing but I want to make the best decision for my kids first trip to Disney. I didn't realize picking a week for vacation was the hardest part.

I'd do early June, schools up north are still in session and you don't have the awful heat of July. And a full week is actually a good chunk of time, the average trip is about 4 days or so.

I'd do early June, schools up north are still in session and you don't have the awful heat of July. And a full week is actually a good chunk of time, the average trip is about 4 days or so.

Thank you. I have decided that early June will be out time!!! I am so excited that we have a date.

Thanks for everyone help and advice.

What are the 15's?

Large Groups of teens from Brazil who descend on wdw in July and apparently January. They primarily stay at value resorts, but some have been reported at moderates. They can be loud and basically take over your resort.

I did do a trip in July and had no issues with them, but I stayed at the Boardwalk villas. We saw them a few times in the parks, but managed to avoid them.

Large Groups of teens from Brazil who descend on wdw in July and apparently January. They primarily stay at value resorts, but some have been reported at moderates. They can be loud and basically take over your resort.

I did do a trip in July and had no issues with them, but I stayed at the Boardwalk villas. We saw them a few times in the parks, but managed to avoid them.

DH and I decided on June1st-June 7th.

Thank you.

I am thinking now that maybe we can go in June. Around the second week..
No school missed, hopefully crowds are manageable. Weather will be hot but not as hot as July.

Don't kid yourself on the weather - not a noticeable difference between June/July where heat and humidity are concerned!

It can be brutally hot during any of those times. July will be guaranteed hot and rainy. It shouldn’t stop you from enjoying the parks, though. There really is no “slow” time crowd wise. Work around what works best for your schedule, not what the crowds or weather are supposed to be like at that time.

If we go in April we will still miss school. Texas Spring break is always the second or third week in March.
We went last March 15-26,2017. Weather was not too hot, DD8 only had to miss 1.5 days as we were flying from Victoria, BC Canada. We flew out 1.5 days before her spring break started. The crowds we steady but manageable.

DH and I decided on June1st-June 7th.
I think that is a perfect time to go. We are going around that same week this year. Since you are from Texas, I'm sure you can handle the heat of either June or July. I live in southern Oklahoma, the heat doesn't bother me. It's the humidity that I can tell a difference. Wearing breathable fabric is key. I made that mistake during our July trip one summer. Based on weather alone my favorite time to go is May, then June, September, July, March. I must be a big baby, but March was too chilly for me. I didn't wear shorts the entire trip, even though my kids did.

May would be the best week, but no way would I pull my DDs out for 5 days and so close to the end of the school year. So I would go with June. Can you go during your spring break in March?

May would be the best week, but no way would I pull my DDs out for 5 days and so close to the end of the school year. So I would go with June. Can you go during your spring break in March?

We have decided to go June1st through June8th

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter