If you had a few days to explore North Carolina..

We have gone to Bryson City to do the Polar Express but you can go anytime and see the huge train museum and ride the Smokey mountain railroad. There's also the aviation museum or if it's adults only you could stay at Biltmore.

Which part of North Carolina? Mountains? Foothills? Piedmont? Sandhills? Coast?
Activity level? Budget or going all out? And season you will be visiting?

Which part of North Carolina? Mountains? Foothills? Piedmont? Sandhills? Coast?
Activity level? Budget or going all out? And season you will be visiting?

It can be any part. Say you have 3-4 days, what would you see? Budget is best for hotels though I'm willing to go moderate if need be. I like nature but also like cities and seeing historical things. And food experiences are a must.

I'd keep driving until I got to Florida LOL.

On a serious note (I live here in NC) you should choose between the mountains or the coast. Can't go wrong with either!

Mountains because I would be on my motorcycle. The only thing I would see would be what I could see from the motorcycle seat.

I'd do both, mountains using Asheville as a home base for a couple days and the ocean for a couple days.

Wilmington area has lots of history and is close to beaches and you can find decent hotels for decent prices. The USS North Carolina is docked there too. There is an aquarium at Fort Fisher and (if repairs are finished) you can ride the ferry to Southport.

Asheville has Biltmore and is close to mountains if you’re interested in hiking. The Blue Ridge Parkway is a nice drive and Mount Mitchell is the highest peak in the Appalachian Mountains. PS it is pronounced App-a-latch-un.

Pinehurst if you like golf.

Winston Salem has Old Salem.

It can be any part. Say you have 3-4 days, what would you see? Budget is best for hotels though I'm willing to go moderate if need be. I like nature but also like cities and seeing historical things. And food experiences are a must.

I would recommend either Asheville area or Wilmington.

We enjoy the mountains/nature and have done several W NC/mountain trips. The Brevard area is nice. Lots of hiking, waterfalls, etc but there are also a few breweries there and a little downtown. It's pretty close to Asheville (maybe 40 min), so I would recommend staying in Asheville for the city/food experiences you're looking for and then doing a side trip to check out some of the nature. A little farther out there's whitewater rafting in Bryson City (Nantahala).

We did a Wilmington trip with our kids and rented a house that was walking distance to the downtown area. There are lots of museums, historical sites, gardens/arboretums. We also did a ghost tour and a pub crawl. It's also a very short drive to the beach and the aquarium as well.

Okay and now the fun question, where in NC can I get the best pulled pork? Because this will be mandatory. I've heard B's BBQ in Greenville is pretty solid.

Okay and now the fun question, where in NC can I get the best pulled pork? Because this will be mandatory. I've heard B's BBQ in Greenville is pretty solid.

I don't have any recommendations, but there are two distinct barbecue types: Eastern & Lexington/Piedmont. Maybe your preference will determine where in NC you decide to visit :upsidedow

I don't have any recommendations, but there are two distinct barbecue types: Eastern & Lexington/Piedmont. Maybe your preference will determine where in NC you decide to visit :upsidedow

I read up on this and seems like Lexington would be more for me. But I may have to take one for the team and try them both to get a full appreciation :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter