If you could own an animal that you haven't already owned , which would you choose?

I'd also want a horse... but I'll likely never have one. 1) I think I'd only want one if I could have it at my house, not at a stable somewhere where I'd have to go visit it. But, we don't have enough land to have one, so we'd have to move for that to happen. 2) Horses are a lot of work. I used to housesit/pet sit for a family who had horses. With all the work they require (stall cleaning, feeding, grooming, etc. I doubt I'd have much time for "fun stuff" after I got done with all of the work. Plus, finding someone to do it while we travel would be a big pain. I might have more time to devote to them in retirement, but I'm not sure that's how I'd want to spend my retirement.

th

One of these giant German Rabbits :) Holy cow, I just can't even!!!

Pure fantasy...a gorilla. Or a triceratops.

I simply need a dog. Unfortunately, it's too expensive at $65/month. Coupled with that, I tour on the bicycle in the summers. The kayak I would trade for a canoe, I can't do anything about taking a dog on a bicycle for a week or 2.

I want an elephant I can paint with. Of course, that won’t happen. DS11 wants a pet octopus. He’s even read up on how to care for them. I find octopuses fascinating but they’ve creeped me out ever since I read about an octopus sneaking out of his tank at an aquarium to eat fish from an adjacent aquarium.

I miss having a dog, but with 12 hour shifts it's not fair for a dog to be left. Eleven years and I retire and the two things I will do is move nearer my sister and her family and rehome a dog.

I want an elephant I can paint with. Of course, that won’t happen. DS11 wants a pet octopus. He’s even read up on how to care for them. I find octopuses fascinating but they’ve creeped me out ever since I read about an octopus sneaking out of his tank at an aquarium to eat fish from an adjacent aquarium.

I have a love-hate relationship with octopuses. They fascinate me, but they really creep me out, too.

I really really want a parrot (Macaw). But they live like 50 years and I am already 46 so someone likely would have to take over. And I don't know that I, myself, want a pet for that long. I'd LOVE an owl but don't think you can have those as pets. Maybe I could get a monk parakeet or senegal parrot (they are smaller and shorter lifespan talking birds).

Last edited:
I really don't want any more animals, I have a two year old Yorkie that we purchased after our Maltese of ten years died.
I love my Yorkie but I really hate that I have to worry about having someone (well, my sister in law) stay at my house every time
my dh and I go away and have the kids with us.

So, my answer would be an ant. I can keep in an ant container thingy that I use to see they sell and keep in my garage so I don't have to look at it
and just feed it when I'm suppose to.

An alpaca! My boss has one (he has a property in the country with goats) and I’m very jealous!

I really really want a parrot (Macaw). But they live like 50 years and I am already 46 so someone likely would have to take over. And I don't know that I, myself, want a pet for that long. I'd LOVE an owl but don't think you can have those as pets. Maybe I could get a monk parakeet or senegal parrot (they are smaller and shorter lifespan talking birds).

Maybe you could see if you could find an older parrot in need of a home?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter