If you could choose one fireworks show & one parade, which ones?

fritzi

Earning My Ears
My kids are 5 and almost 3 and I don't want to keep them up too late every night. Because of this, I want to do one fireworks show. I also think one parade is enough, what do you think? What is your favorite parade and/or night show?

TIA!

SpectroMagic for the parade, it is wonderful. I would just stay for the Fireworks at the MK then. I love Illuminations and Fantasmic, but with the ages of your kids, I think that Fantasy in the Sky Fireworks would be the best.

I agree with puffkin, SpectroMagic is definitely the BEST...not only if you have kids :tongue:

My kids' favorite (daylight) parade was at MGM. They saw so many of their favorite characters and got their hands shook/heads patted :D . This parade feels quite personal because it is cars which are low to the ground, not high up floats. It also is at a later time than the others, 5 pm (high season, low season was 4pm) vs. 4pm AK and 3pmish MK. This would allow for a nap before attending the parade and then you could stay for Fantasmic after (also at MGM).

I don't know if your kids are girls though. MGM's parade does have Little Mermaid, Snow White, Mulan, Minnie but MK's parade has more princesses (with their princes dancing!) along with Wendy and the fairy Godmother. If the princesses are a must, perhaps MK's would be more magical to them. Tinkerbell flies down from the castle before the fireworks that night. This would be my second choice. Happy planning.

I think illuminations is the best, everyone in my family including me and my boyfriend have seen it plenty of times and it is great, the music that goes along with it is just wonderful, the way they put the fireworks, water, with the lights, and the fire with the big ball with pictures on it, it is great, i see it about 4 times when im there, its worth it!!!! Defently the best!!!! For the kids its probably the least interesting unless they just like the fireworks because it doesnt include the characters or anything else like some of the other shows do.

I think Spectro Magic and Illuminations are the best, TMHO.
Wait a minute.....they're all great!! Tough to choose!

I'd be torn between Illuminations and Fantasmic. With a 5 yo and 3 yo I would think that Fantasmic might be a bit rough on the 3 yo because of some of the villian characters, but your 5 yo would probably love it. The stars and motor cars parade looks to be a fun time from what I have seen, but I have yet to see it in person. Looking forward to December.

Right now I would say make a day of it at MGM and do the stars and motorcars parade for the characters, and then maybe head over to Epcot and catch Illuminations at night. If you think that your 3 yo will not scare easily then definitely stick around at MGM and do Fantasmic.

Brian

I would choose Illuminations in Epcot and the Jammin Jungle Parade in AK.

We love the whole message of Illuminations, the spectacular fireworks display, the lighting of the torches around the lake, and the lighting of the countries. It takes my breath away no matter how many times I see it!

As for the Jammin Jungle Parade, we like it because it is more intimate and the puppets in the parade have more interaction with the guests.

If you can do one of each that would be great. If I can only do one...I would choose Spectromagic. Fireworks can be seen everywhere during July 4th...but Spectromagic...no.

The kids and I have seen both the last time we went...so that is enough. We went again during Easter...and we skipped both of them. Instead while there are lots of crowds to see the parade and fireworks...we were enjoying the rides with very little wait (5-10 minutes or non at all).

Because of the commercials I would think they would want to see the Magic Kingdom parade. Fireworks would be Illuminations or Fantasmic (sorry can't pick one).

My personal opinion is the afternoon MGM parade and Illuminations for fireworks. But with kids, if it's the first time especially, I don't see how you can miss Spectromagic and Fantasy in the Sky!

Pat

Oh goody!!! Disney decided to add Spectromagic on my birthday, I am so incredibly excited to do this!!! I think we will do Illuminations too, my dh doesn't want to stay late at Studios, he wants to go to MK for a few extra hours without the kids.

So exciting!

My family loves Fantasmic. As for the parade, it's so hard to choose just one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter