If we check in before DD B-Day do I have to pay?

Hunnypot

Earning My Ears
I've been looking all over for the Disney policy on birthdays but can't seem to find it. We're planning on going Oct 17th -27th to celebrate my daughter's third birthday (on Oct 23rd). If we check-in and begin our stay will I have to buy her a pass. It's no big deal I'd rather know because If she requires a pass anyway, we might change our plans to early Dec. to see the Christmas decorations. Any input would be great. Thanks!

While I doubt you'd be questioned (and you certainly wouldn't need a pass before her birthday) I can just see your DD telling the folks at the turnstile, "It's my birthday today - I'm 3 years old!"

You could make her feel special (assuming you're not going to a park on the day of your departure), you could tell her that since she is a big girl now she needs a ticket of her own, and make it point to present her with a 3 day park hopper ON her birthday! (Of course, she'll let Daddy or Mommy hold it for safekeeping :) )

I've read that the official policy is that you don't have to buy a ticket if they turn 3 after you arrive. It could get kind of complicated if you had to buy a different ticket for one person, since it might have less plus options.

Kermit is correct. Disney's official policy is that your child shall be counted as the age they are at check-in for your entire stay, even if their birthday will be happening during your stay.

So, it looks like you're off the hook in this case. :)

Have fun!

I was possibly going to be facing the same problem. We originally were thinking about leaving this Sat. and my dd turns three on Monday. I asked them about it, and they said NOPE... she is considered 2. However, I got a better deal with her as a 3 year old for later in the summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter