If we can DREAM it, we can do it! ..... another 30 day vacation Update 02/07

Day 29, September 8

It’s time to go home - Part 2

We were getting close to the time to leave, but we still had one more ride we wanted to ride, the Peoplemover.
Thankfully it very rarely has a line and we were able to just walk on. So there we sat, sad that our trip was very shortly coming to an end, still enjoying the sights and sounds of the Magic Kingdom,

but we both had one thing to look forward to, we already knew when we would be coming back and it was only a little over 5 months until then. The Peoplemover loop came to an end and we had to get off. We slowly walked towards the exit, turned around at the end of Main Street to wave goodbye to the castle

and then left the park.

We walked over to the Contemporary and up to the Contempo Café, where we got a drink and the ceremonial last Mickey Bar of the trip.

It was nice to just sit there, enjoy the ice-cream without it melting in a flash and reliving some of the most fun experiences of this trip. Once we had finished our treat, we headed to the parking lot to pick up our car.
We stopped at Old Key West to pick up our luggage and get changed, waved goodbye to this beautiful resort and drove over to Downtown Disney. One other tradition we just can’t let go is to have a very late lunch at Wolfgang Puck’s Express.
We usually have pizza, but this time we chose something “lighter”. Or so we thought. We ordered our Diet Cokes and soon after we had sat down our food arrived. We had ordered two sandwiches to share, the

Pesto Chicken Salad Sandwich, romaine, red onions and plum tomatoes and the

Chicken Aioli, mozzarella, romaine, tomatoes, red onions and cilantro aioli. Both were huge and came with herbed fries. It didn’t help much that we had just eaten an ice-cream bar, but we attacked the sandwiches as good as we could, but were highly unsuccessful in polishing them off. Once we could not take one more bite we wobbled outside to our car

and off we went to the airport. We drove out of the Downtown Disney parking lot and hit the traffic jam.
It took quite a while for us to make it to the highway but once we were on it, it was slow but smooth sailing. Once we had turned towards the airport the traffic became very light and in no time we turned into the rental car return. We unloaded all our stuff, Tom went to get a cart and off we went to find the Lufthansa counter. It was really close nearby and we checked in our three pieces of luggage, paying for the one that was now extra. We had done online check in, so everything was already settled, all we needed were paper tickets and off we went again. There was still time left to stroll through the stores, pay a visit to the Earport and buy a few more things before we made our way over to security.
The lines were fairly long but a lot of lines were open, so it moved at a steady pace. Once we had passed security we headed for the fake monorail and were finally sitting in the departure lounge. While waiting we used the airport’s free internet to say goodbye to our DISboard friends and a little later boarding had finally begun. We got on board, stowed away our carry ons and settled into our seats.

The plane took off on time and once we were at cruising altitude, the flight attendants came around and handed out little bags of snacks and offered drinks. I stuck with water,

while Tom got some beer

and a little later we were handed hot/cold towels to refresh ourselves before dinner was served.

There was a small salad

and some

Caesar dressing, a cold, slightly stale

whole grain dinner roll, some sesame crackers and some slightly overcooked

Fusilli pasta with tomato sauce. For dessert we got some

Tiramisu. It had been four hours since our Wolfgang Puck’s Express lunch, so we nibbled a bit before we both took some sleeping aid, waited for the trays to be removed, pushed back our seats and closed our eyes.
Being tired, combined with some sleeping aid really did the trick. We drifted off to sleep and while we woke up numerous times during the flight it was a blessing to be able to go right back to sleep.

To be continued ............

Day 29, September 8

Last leg of the trip

We slept right through breakfast and woke up when they removed the trays. It was nice to find out that there would only be 1 more hour of flight time

and so we got ourselves ready and presentable and in what appeared to be very little time we were landing at Frankfurt airport.
We disembarked, then walked some long corridors and finally ended up at passport control. There was a short line and we were through. We only had 90 minutes until our next plane would leave so we headed right over to our departure gate.
This meant that we would have to get through another security check. The line was LONG! It was long and moved very slowly, so we were happy that we had enough time. Finally we made it through and headed over to our gate. We had not had any breakfast or lunch and it was past midday, so we looked for somewhere to buy some snacks, but then our flight was called, so we boarded, walked down to board a bus and off we went to the far end of the airport, to board our small plane home.
We were quickly seated, and soon after we were off.

About 10 minutes into the flight we were handed some chocolate covered cookies

and some drinks and I think we both had Coke. We nibbled our cookies and soon it was time to put up the seat backs as we were approaching our home airport.

Our airport is fairly small, so we were able to walk from the plane to baggage claim and customs. We made it through customs and then walked outside to the taxi that we was waiting for us. 25 minutes later we were home. W

e moved all the luggage inside, then grabbed the car keys and went to pick up Pixie from her cat hotel. On the way there we stopped at a gas station to do some grocery shopping and finally picked up the cat princess.
Half an hour later we were finally all home again and back to reality.

What an amazing trip! And an uneventful trip home! So glad everything went well on the return flight, I have never taken a month vacation so I have no idea what it feels like to return home. It must seem very surreal and a little sad to leave behind the best vacation destination in the world.

Thanks for sharing your awesome TR with us!

Great TR! That is such a dream trip! Thanks for sharing!

Thank YOU for keeping up with me, as it took me A LONG time to finish this one off!
It was a wonderful trip, full of wonderful memories. :goodvibes

What an amazing trip! And an uneventful trip home! So glad everything went well on the return flight, I have never taken a month vacation so I have no idea what it feels like to return home. It must seem very surreal and a little sad to leave behind the best vacation destination in the world.

Thanks for sharing your awesome TR with us!

It was a really fun trip, so many wonderful things happened and we met so many awesome people.
Thankfully the trip home was uneventful, going back to work the next day was not so much fun though. ;)
Let me tell you, getting back to the "real" world after 4 weeks of heaven is just not what you want to do. :lmao:

I enjoyed the report and reliving your adventures with you. Glad we were able to be a small part of it too!

I enjoyed the report and reliving your adventures with you. Glad we were able to be a small part of it too!

Thanks for sticking with us for as long as it took to get this TR done. And let me tell you, it was awesome spending time with you! Can't wait until we finally get to cruise together again. :hug:
And btw - thank you for the cute photo of Lily showing her Disney side. She's a cutie!

Thanks for sticking with us for as long as it took to get this TR done. And let me tell you, it was awesome spending time with you! Can't wait until we finally get to cruise together again. :hug: And btw - thank you for the cute photo of Lily showing her Disney side. She's a cutie!
We are looking forward to cruising again with you and Tom, can't wait till they release the dates. We also hope to do a family vacation with Lily and her parents and other grandparents at WDW in a few years when she is old enough to enjoy it. Her daddy can't wait to take her to the BBB.

Hi Karin! You are finally home:) Wow! First you rode TOT five times, and then BTMRR a bunch of times, too!:cool1: You are amazing Uber riders!

This was quite a trip for you - and lots to report! I have enjoyed it a lot, even though I didn't keep up all of the time. Now off to see how your BTB is coming along!pirate:

We are looking forward to cruising again with you and Tom, can't wait till they release the dates. We also hope to do a family vacation with Lily and her parents and other grandparents at WDW in a few years when she is old enough to enjoy it. Her daddy can't wait to take her to the BBB.

I can't wait for the dates either. We would love to do another back to back, but with their prices going up and up I am not sure we will be able to wing it.

And taking Lily to WDW will be a totally different experience. Great idea to take her to BBB on that first visit! :thumbsup2

Hi Karin! You are finally home:) Wow! First you rode TOT five times, and then BTMRR a bunch of times, too!:cool1: You are amazing Uber riders!

This was quite a trip for you - and lots to report! I have enjoyed it a lot, even though I didn't keep up all of the time. Now off to see how your BTB is coming along!pirate:

Yes, we made it home and had a lot of "ride luck" at the end of our visit. :lmao:

Thanks for sticking with us until the end, Tammie. As for the new TR, there has not been much done there as I have been mainly posting the planning for our trip in 6 day! :cool1:

Sad that this was your last day, but what a great ending! Waving good bye to the castle... the meal at Wolfgang Puck Express.

I think I may like your idea of a sleep aid. I wonder if I could get through an entire flight that way? I know this last trip I was so short of sleep that it made it a bit rough to be "present" to everyone around me.

Glad you arrived home safe and sound. :goodvibes

Wow I can not believe that you have finished this trip report, It was so wonderful reliving this amazing vacation with you!!! I love how you and Tom have so many nice traditions like eating at WGP before heading home and the final Mickey bar :cloud9:.
I know your next adventure will begin in a few days and I can not wait to read all about it. I will be missing you both so much while we are on the Fantasy and will feel you spirit with us!!! Have a safe trip my friend !!!!

What a fabulous trip. What do you take to help you sleep on the plane? I can never sleep and with a longer flight coming up, I might need something to help me pass the time. LOL Not as long as yours, but I am not looking forward to them at all.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!