if $$ was no issue

StelmackFamily

Earning My Ears
DD 5 and DD turning 8 on vacation. Currently booked LM room AOA ( driving so we will have car). Contemplating a move to GF/POLY or even AKL. The momorail for easy transportation and early PPO breakfasts is appealing, but the decor of the LM room and big blue pool is whats holding me back? HELP! We go in JUNE so I need to decide fast

I would move to the GF. I would always pick deluxe if given the option and I can afford it.
is there pool appealing to DD 5 and 8? We have one non park day during our stay that is intended for pool/relax. We actually have dinner res on non park day at 1900 already

I would move to deluxe no question. If you're looking for a great pool, maybe check out Beach Club.
I just worry that deluxe resorts will not feel "disney" enough if that makes sense. I have never taken the kids to Disney, only gone on trips a an adult and child myself. I want everything about this trip perfect for my girls

Honestly, AoA is great and centrally located for easy transportation. The monorail can be problematic sometimes when it is down. I'm going to go against the grain and say to stick with your Little Mermaid room and enjoy the "Very Disney" Art of Animation Resort.

If i had the option i would pick a deluxe on the monorail system. Being that close to MK should feel "Disney" enough i think.

How long are you staying? Are you interested in doing a split stay to save money? You could start at AoA & move to Grand Floridian. Honestly, I think little girls would love GF. The kids play area of the pool is Alice in Wonderland themed. There is (or was) a princess promenade thru the main lobby. You can see Cinderella’s castle from the rooms or grounds & you are just a monorail or boat ride away from MK. I think staying at GF would be amazing for a first trip.

How long are you staying? Are you interested in doing a split stay to save money? You could start at AoA & move to Grand Floridian. Honestly, I think little girls would love GF. The kids play area of the pool is Alice in Wonderland themed. There is (or was) a princess promenade thru the main lobby. You can see Cinderella’s castle from the rooms or grounds & you are just a monorail or boat ride away from MK. I think staying at GF would be amazing for a first trip.
june 20-27, i was looking at a split stay but the thought of tackling that and booking FP 60 days out made me nervous.

You're not going to get the same level of theme/decor at the others vs AoA, so any change is going to be a drawback for the kids in that regard. That said, being able to boat or monorail to MK might be fun for them as well. I think the particular ambiance of GF or CR would be lost on them at their ages. Poly is, IMO, the best, most complete "Disney" experience available, but Wilderness Lodge might be a better choice. Having just returned from there with my wife, we plan on taking the kids sometime soon because we just think they'd love the place. Really fun atmosphere, dining options, lovely grounds, and unbeatable location on Bay Lake.

DD 5 and DD turning 8 on vacation. Currently booked LM room AOA ( driving so we will have car). Contemplating a move to GF/POLY or even AKL. The momorail for easy transportation and early PPO breakfasts is appealing, but the decor of the LM room and big blue pool is whats holding me back? HELP! We go in JUNE so I need to decide fast
With girls that age I would stick to LM AOA- my girls are 9 and 11 and would still love that room and the pool area. The only deluxe my girls really like is AKL and that's not on the monorail and transport there is not easy to the other parks.

If it's a location thing, I'd pick the Deluxe resort that has the amenities you're looking for with the kids, maybe Poly for the pool. They'd probably also love a character breakfast at Ohana.

When my kids were close to that age, the only place they wanted to be was in that Mickey pool at ASMo. For kids that age, even if money were no object, I'd stay in the LM room. I've been to the GF twice, and for adults would move without hesitation, but for little kids, I think big, in your face DISNEY! is where it's at.

If money was not an issue I would choose Poly. They have a nice pool area (with a view of the castle!!) and being at a deluxe on the monorail cannot be beat for that "Disney" feel. My girls (same ages as yours) loved the volcano slide. We also loved GF and it's pool areas. One thing I will point out is that at the Beach Club pool I was very nervous because I could not keep an eye on my kids - the area was just too large! Either way, you cannot go wrong!

is there pool appealing to DD 5 and 8? We have one non park day during our stay that is intended for pool/relax. We actually have dinner res on non park day at 1900 already
They have a nice little Alice in Wonderland themed splash area and the newer pool by the DVC has a water slide. Is it on the same level as Beach Club, no, but it will be much easier for you to keep an eye on your kids. The question I always like to ask is where will you be spending most of your time or what park will most of your nights be? With little kids, it might be nice to have a quick exit back to the room.

I agree with TheSouthernBelle; with girls that age I would stay at AoA even when money is no issue. The LM rooms are terrific (and very "Disney") and the pool is wonderful for them.

As a 5-7 year old child I would have loved AoA or AKL (always loved animals and little mermaid).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter