if USA ever replaced Washington as capital , where would you choose instead?

Washington state because that’s where I thought out capital was when I was in the first grade. I couldn’t BELIEVE it when I found out there was a SECOND Washington! :eek: Rocked my little six year old world when I tried to imagine the president on the completely opposite side of our country. I thought that was a very dumb idea to give two different places the same name! :laughing:

I'm trying to think of reason why this would happen, as legally/funcitonally it would be nearly impossible and have the US still be a viable government. So, I'm guessing that climate change has affected the environment so much that the tidal basin has overflowed causing DC to be primarily underwater. Well, that or DC gets nuked. In either case, I choose Denver. It's pretty safe and on high ground.

Garden City, Kansas. It is almost exactly in the middle of the U.S.

yep somewhere in Kansas is the middle, but if you want to go with a city that represents us best, it should be a industrial Midwest city , a little bit of everything in these city's

Isn't there some law that was passed that stipulated the U.S. capital CANNOT be located entirely within any one state? And that was the rationale for creating the District of Columbia?

It will probably be Denver since government agencies have been relocating there. There’s also many conspiracy theories in regards to the airport along with a good supply of underground shelters.

I'd be ok with middle to west in KS though airport/transportation would have been vastly improved.

If you were going for population if in KS it would be Wichita or KC metro. But I'm selfish and I don't want my area to become any more political than it already is. You could do Topeka but that's already the state capital and has enough politicians.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!