If time and transportation were sports we'd never make the playoffs; 2018 spr. break TR *new TR!*

Oh yeah...I'm here now too. I'll chime in on those crowds too...YIKES! Sorry we never did get to meet up. We chose to do most of our riding after 10pm as you know! :)

1.Parks having NO FP availability by noon. And I mean none, like not even Figment or Muppets at times.
2. QS lines at off-times 50 people deep

3.This:

img_8254-jpg.315646

Yes, they needed to point out the end of the line for the carousel. The CAROUSEL. That's.....crowded.
We still managed fun times-who are "we" you ask?

We were toying with the idea of doing spring break on our next trip instead of Thanksgiving week - which are our only two options since there is ZERO chance we'd ever go during the heat of the summer months. This just convinced me 100% to stick with Thanksgiving :scared1:

Also, the boys look so grown now! But their momma hasn't aged a day :thumbsup2

Last edited:
Here ! Two years ago I went during Spring break and hope to not have to again ! I would if that was my only choice but yeah wow !

I’m here and this was our 3rd Spring Break and by far the worst crowd wise. Poor Kathy got so sick we didn’t go anywhere on Friday, I’m so sad we never got to meet up.
We did manage AK on 3 of our days getting there at opening and leaving by noon time.
They closed off the bridge between Pandora and Africa to use for the overflow standby line for FOP :eek: and that was at park opening.
Looking forward to your TR :goodvibes

Count me in for this one!

Those crowds give me so much anxiety! Lots of families from my daughter’s cheer gym did Disney that week after our Daytona comp and they’d send me pictures and were like, “Is Disney always like this?!” Lol!

Following along. We were there the week before you. It seems like the masses headed there after we left.
Hi there! Yup, we hit like, the 2nd most crowded of all the spring break weeks, with the week AFTER Easter traditionally being a bit busier. So you most likely did have it a little better! Be glad lol!

I don’t know if we can come to Fishkill now that Ricky has his learners permit. ;)
:laughing: He's afraid to try driving my car so you can come on a day Steve's working and he doesn't have an "acceptable" car available to him!

This week was the perfect storm of schools that traditionally have the last full week of March off for break plus schools that normally get the week before Easter off. I can't wait to hear about your trip. :)
::yes:: And next year I believe the storm will happen the last week of April, with Easter being late and all the schools that normally have off that last week of April. Don't get me wrong, we knew going in that we'd have crowds. And the people themselves weren't an issue, it really was the whole FP thing that surprised me and got in the way.

I'm excited not only because it's another one of your trip reports but also because of this. We get to check CCV out in September so I can't wait to read about y'all's experience.
Hi Candace, glad you're here! Spoiler alert we LOVED our studio and would stay there again in a heartbeat :goodvibes

Count me in!!
Yay, hi Caroline!

I'm here! Can't wait to read more :cutie:
Hi Ashlee, it's nice to see you!

Wouldn't miss it for the world - I'm here! :hyper:
Whoo! Let's get this party started now that TRACY is here :dancer:

Hi, Ariane! :wave2: I'm here!
:wave2:

Holy crap!!
Something I said many times during our week

Here too!
:thumbsup2

Well, in its defense, you did combine Spring Break with Easter! :eek::eek::eek:
lol if I could have moved the boys' spring break I would have!

Looking good, you two!
Thank you :hug:

Can't believe there was a line for the carousel!
There was a line for pretty much EVERYTHING that week. 40 minute wait for Philharmagic, anyone?

And the Copper Creek villas look so pretty! Can't wait to see inside! I'd love to stay there one day, hopefully using our DVC membership!
Loved them! I have pictures coming :goodvibes

Following! I love your TR's!
Oh, thank you, I love hearing that! Glad you're here :)

At MK on the 26th they had to have someone standing with a sign to show where the line for the People Mover started. The People Mover...REALLY???
We saw signs for just about everything!!

We saw a man decide to change his daughter outside of the Confectionary in the pouring rain among other things.
That is GROSS :crazy2: It's like the people I see changing their kids on benches, or on tables in QS locations! I totally don't understand and I do wish CM's said something to them because besides not feeling right it's completely unsanitary!

Yes!! Although as a TA, she probably doesn't need DVC, LOL. But hey @ariane37 wouldn't you like to be our neighbor? :D
lol I guess you could say I don't need DVC! We considered it in the past but never went ahead. Now.....yeah, we're good without it :)

Ooh, intriguing. I have never been at a super busy time, so I'm joining in to see how it went!
:welcome: I'm glad you're here! This was definitely the busiest time we've been. For years we were lucky enough to go during really slow times. Then once Ricky hit Jr. High we had to change it up and added a Thanksgiving trip for the first time in 2015. It wasn't nearly as busy as we thought it'd be, had a great time, and did it again in 2016. We would have gone last year and would go this year except for Ricky's school basketball schedule. So I think the only time we could possibly go that would be more crowded than this week would be Xmas!

I'm cautiously thinking about Easter weekend for next year, so I'm looking forward to reading this!
Hi, Glad to have you along! Ugh it's so hard for me to tell anyone NOT to go to Disney so I won't say that lol. I'll just say pay close attention to what I wish we did differently lol and know we did have fun :)

I have binge read all of your trip reports. I am near obseseed! Can't wait to read more :D
:welcome: I'm so glad you told me that because it's a great feeling to know how much someone likes me reports :hug: Happy to have you along and I hope you enjoy this one, too!

Oh yeah...I'm here now too. I'll chime in on those crowds too...YIKES! Sorry we never did get to meet up. We chose to do most of our riding after 10pm as you know! :)
Hi Dina! OMG right?? You were lucky going late at night worked for you guys. I tried but Chris wasn't up for it and with Ricky's leg it just wasn't in the cards this time. I'm sure we'll make up for it with our Aug. trip :)

I'm here too!:wave:
Hi there, thanks for following! I need to get back over to your latest report :car:

We were toying with the idea of doing spring break on our next trip instead of Thanksgiving week - which are our only two options since there is ZERO chance we'd ever go during the heat of the summer months. This just convinced me 100% to stick with Thanksgiving :scared1:
I have to say.....that's a great decision lol. We LOVE our Thanksgiving trips and totally missed it last year. Besides getting all the holiday decor and wonderful weather I (we did have great weather this week though) the crowds during Thanksgiving are so pleasant lol!

Also, the boys look so grown now! But their momma hasn't aged a day :thumbsup2
Well, of course I haven't :snooty: But seriously thank you! Yes those boys won't stop growing no matter how much I beg them to. Chris is just about as tall as me now and it blows me away that Ricky can drive!

Here ! Two years ago I went during Spring break and hope to not have to again
:laughing: I won't say we'll never go again but it's definitely not a preferred time of mine.

I’m here and this was our 3rd Spring Break and by far the worst crowd wise.
Wow, I guess we picked a bad year to go!

Poor Kathy got so sick we didn’t go anywhere on Friday, I’m so sad we never got to meet up.
OMG I felt SO bad for Kathy when you told me that; I know how crappy ti is to be sick in Disney :( I'm bummed we didn't get to meet up this time either, especially since we don't have a Thanksgiving trip planned this year. It'll happen again though :goodvibes

They closed off the bridge between Pandora and Africa to use for the overflow standby line for FOP :eek: and that was at park opening.
We saw that also one morning! And they did that at Christmas time, too.

Count me in for this one!
:welcome: thanks for being here!

Those crowds give me so much anxiety! Lots of families from my daughter’s cheer gym did Disney that week after our Daytona comp and they’d send me pictures and were like, “Is Disney always like this?!” Lol!
We saw lots of cheer families :cheer2: The Varsity baseball team from our H.S. goes down over spring break every year, and now Ricky has friends on the team so they were down there at the same time. Ricky was trying to hook up with them but their schedule was crazy and then they got in trouble and weren't allowed out of their resort at one point (whole other story, don't get me started). Anyway it was his friends' first year on varsity and first trip to WDW and they couldn't believe how many people were there lol.

Hi Ariana,

Sooo excited to see your latest TR! Wow this year has flown - we were just in Disney this August by a few weeks of each other! (and out of HPN, my favorite airport)

I also was off for spring break - and I did a post weather the world was more crowded the Easter week or Presient's day week - and the response was overwhelmingly the week you were there. My friend at work, her daughter was there the same week as you and the lines were crazy llooonngg for just about everything, yikes! But i'm sure you made it work girl! :D

You, your hubby and the boys all look great! I'm not ready for my munchkins to be driving yet....:crazy2: But time stands still for no one (my oldest is 12 like your little guy).

Can't wait to see pictures of the Copper Creek Villas - and, of course, your newest adventure! We will be back at Boulder Ridge Villas the last week of August.

I'm here - not looking at the camera either - ready to brave the crowds right along with ya!

Day 1 Part 1
"How Do You Like Your Eggs?
Chocolate, Please!"
Hi everyone! Well, it's April 15th and the temps finally rose above 50 yesterday here in NY. We didn't get excited though, because we're right back to the 40's today. And I saw the alert that Blizzard Beach is closed tomorrow due to cold temps, unbelievable!

Let's move on :car: Our trip began on Saturday, March 24th. I don't normally take pics of the airport or anything and this time as no exception, especially since we left home at 3:30 in the morning. I was somewhat awake when we got to Hartford around 5:15ish but not enough to pull out my camera and start snapping away, so we'll start with our arrival in Florida!

Our flight was leaving at 6:40 and getting in around 9:15. We were just a few minutes late, got down to ME quick and had a few people on line ahead of us for WL. I was hoping we didn't get on the bus and have to wait 30 minutes which was how it had gone for us the last few times. Steve detests sitting on the bus waiting and while I tolerate it a little better, I don't particularly like it.

Well, we didn't have to worry about that! We left about 7 minutes after loading on to the bus - after standing in line for 30 minutes :faint: #transportationfail#1. Still didn't dampen our moods because it was the beginning of vacation which we all know is the BEST part of vacation!

Soon we rolled up to my absolutely favorite place on WDW property that I can never get a good picture of when driving in. We checked in at 11:50 (room not ready) changed into cooler clothes, and called a Minnie Van to take us over to the Beach Club for our 12:50 lunch at Beaches and Cream.

For anyone who read my last TR/dining report, you may remember Steve's little snafu with using the Lyft app...............he attempted calling us a Lyft to go from CSR to the GF to meet @kastoney and family for dinner but we ended up at the GRAND RESORT, about 10 minutes down the road from the Gaylord Palms. Yes my friends, that's NOT located on Disney property. I still let him call this van though and he did it correctly, so don't let anyone tell you boys are slow learners! Our driver was pleasant and the van came quick, so this was NOT a #transportationfail.

*sidenote, love the Minnie Vans. This was our 4th time taking one. They are clean, quick, and every CM driver we've encountered is friendly and courteous. Great option when you need to get somewhere quick or somewhere you can't get directly to from where you are*

Soon we were at the BC and were surprised to walk in the lobby and find an Easter egg display! Being our first visit around Easter we'd never seen the chocolate Easter eggs in person, and had read they were at the GF only. We still had 20 minutes or so before our reservation so were able to take some time and check them out and boy, did the lobby smell better than usual. Get ready for the pictures to start!

IMG_8174.JPG

IMG_8169.JPG

IMG_8172.JPG

IMG_8175 (2).JPG

IMG_8176.JPG

IMG_8177.JPG IMG_8178.JPG

IMG_8180 (2).JPG

These were more amazing than I thought they would be but, spoiler alert, the ones at the GF kind of blew some of these away!

We exited the BC for Beaches and Cream; it was so gorgeous outside we had to stop for a couple pictures:

IMG_8180 (2).JPG

IMG_8181.JPG

Continued in next post........

We made it to Beaches and Cream and had a great first meal of the trip. You can find my B&C review already done in my current dining report, link in my signature :thumbsup2 On our way out the boys stopped in the arcade because the Beach Club one is HUGE, and played a couple games

IMG_8191.JPG

Before catching the boat to our first park, HOLLYWOOD STUDIOS! I chose this as our first park partly because it would be quick to get to from lunch and party because I knew we wouldn't go crazy today having been up since like, 1:30am, and when we have the boys there isn't all that much they both want to do over there sadly. I also would have loved to walk off some of my ice cream because it's such a beautiful walk from the Boardwalk area to HS, but for those of you who don't know, Ricky had ACL replacement surgery in Nov. He's doing great, but this would be the most walking he'd be doing since the surgery and I wanted to cut down on that whenever I could. Since we were just starting out I didn't want to make his leg tired before we'd even begun, and we had no idea how the walking would make it feel.

First up in HS, TSM! Saw this over there

IMG_8193.JPG

WHOO! I'm just bummed I have to wait until August for it! The SB line was at 120 so we used our FP and that was it. Afterwards we noticed the SW stage show was about to begin and Ricky wanted to watch, so we did

IMG_8194.JPG

Well 3 of us did, Chris was already way, way way too hot and ready to go back to our room, so he sat over to the side on a wall :rotfl:In the park about 30 minutes and......he's done!
Our next FP was for my favorite, something I cannot visit WDW without riding:

TOT24.jpg

Darn kid had to raise his arms and block me. But you can see how happy Steve is and Ricky has his usual happy ride face on. Chris chose to sit this out since he doesn't like it anyway and well, see my previous comment and him being done.
He did perk up a bit when we decided we were all kind of done at this point. It was about 4:00; our 3rd FP was at 5:10 for Star Tours, something none of us had ever ridden. WHAT?? I know! But none of us are SW fans! Ricky likes some of the movies and is the reason I finally made a ST FP but we really didn't feel like waiting an hour. Luckily the SB wait was only 15 minutes so we hopped in line over there and made that the end of our first park day.

Our verdict? Probably won't be riding again. Ricky thought it would be different; he said he thought there'd be "more" to it. Chris and Steve didn't think much of it either way. I had my eyes closed the whole time and felt like I was going to vomit all over the place, so there's my feeling on the whole situation. Take me up in the air, throw me upside-down, whatever, but 9 out of 10 simulator rides will ruin me for the day. Luckily by the time we hit the front of the park I was walking straight again and had an appetite; but before we decided what to do for dinner we were going back to WL to get a look at our CC studio!

A new trip report, I'm in!
:wave:Hi, happy to have you along again!

Sooo excited to see your latest TR! Wow this year has flown - we were just in Disney this August by a few weeks of each other! (and out of HPN, my favorite airport)
I remember that :) I wish we had been able to go out of HPN last month but prices were NOT good when we looked. Same thing for our quick trip in a couple weeks so we're going out of Newark, but still hoping for Westchester for our August trip!

I also was off for spring break - and I did a post weather the world was more crowded the Easter week or Presient's day week - and the response was overwhelmingly the week you were there.
OMG yes, we've done Presidents week before and while it's far from dead it's nothing like spring break. Spring break is pretty much the second busiest time of the year unfortunately, but another aspect of the kids growing up (besides letting them on the road lol) is that you have to adjust when you go. So we tried it.............will we do it again? Keep reading!

We will be back at Boulder Ridge Villas the last week of August.
Ooh! Maybe we'll overlap again! Right now we're there the 18-25th but we may move dates by a day or two.

It's about time :sad2: I figured you'd wait till page 4.

ready to brave the crowds right along with ya!
:grouphug::grouphug::grouphug: :drinking1

The eggs are so cool!!!!
Yes they are! Very nice addition to a couple resorts. I mean you have the F&G festival of course and they have the egg hunt going on, but other than that the other Easter stuff doesn't happen until like 2 days before so it's nice to have the eggs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!