If the Current is Warm Your Going the Right Way... Our First Trip Driving Along the Coast to WDW

I will be combining my PTR and TR into one amazing report!

Usually our family goes to the World in September/ October... thank you free dining! But alas my crazy DH had to go off and become a teacher, so no more of those trips... I mean come on who does that?? :crazy2:

No but really, it was his first year of teaching, and he loves it so that's what matters right? Last year just myself and my DD4 went, and left him and the baby at home.. he said no more of that.. so now we will join the multitude of other teachers on our yearly June migration to our World! Hey at least we will be in good company :yay:

This trip will be one big celebration for him.. making it through that crucial first year :dogdance:

Now I have to admit.. this is my very first trip report, because I have a bad habit of not finishing trip reports, this year its happening though. I have been reading the great trip reporters such as Nilla (hes my favorite), and although I know I wont be as good.. I am sure gonna try!

So this trip started out as just me going int September, I kinda freaked out because I hated the idea of a solo trip.. they scare me. My DH like stated is now a teacher, and my DD is now 5 and starting kindergarten :( , she is growing wayyyyy too fast! So it looks like I was alone, until my DH said, "lets go in June, I really wanna go this year."

I didnt like that much either, I mean come on heat and crowds.. ugh no way.. but I guess we can try it...

Originally it was supposed to be just me and him, my mom was gonna come watch the girls, but as she always does plans change.. so after trying to figure out what would work best for her.. we just gave up and we're taking the girls.. they were thrilled :cloud9: and after all we are too.. we would have missed our babies.

My September plans changed in March this year... to June.. yep we were already way into our 180 day reservation marker.. ugh I really hope we can get the reservations we want, after all we are on Deluxe Dining.

Thankfully lady luck was with us, an after minimal effort I reserved lots of good restaurants, and will be doing a great dining report as well!

It is now May 15th, and to date we are done with ADRS and FP ( I still really do not care for the Plus system, maybe this trip can change that).

More to come as we continue to get closer to our trip, 30 days away!

June 16th hurry up!

We will be on our trip from June 17th to June 27th, and for the very first time we are driving. Hubby decided 1600.00 was way too much for airfare. We live in Dallas, and so that will be a nice long 17 hour drive... any one have tips on what I can bring to keep the kiddos entertained?

Here's what our plan looks like:

Leave June 17th around midnight
17th- lots of driving.. but hey it will be along the coast.. it should be pretty :)
18- Magic Kingdom- Crystal Palace, BOG, Ohana
19- Epcot- Garden Grill, Biergarten, Garden Grill
20- Magic Kingdom- BOG, Tonys, Kona (?)
21- Animal Kingdom- Tusker House, Yak and Yeti (so excited for Pandora!!!)
22- Hollywood and Vine Double Take, Star Wars Dessert Party, First Time with Jedi Training
23- Magic Kingdom- Ohana, CRT, BOG.. EMH MK opens at 8am
24- Magic Kingdom- BOG, Liberty Tree, Chef Mickeys
25- Epcot- Akershus, Biergarten, Cape May
26- Water Parks- Trattoria- Leave Disney
27- Pensacola, and Home

Like I said lots of food and fun!

We drove from Austin in 2014! It wasn't bad at all (but I like road trips:). We left Friday evening after work and made it to Lake Charles (5 hours). The next morning, drove another 7 ish to Destin and stayed there 2 nights, it was AMAZING! After that, maybe 6 more to Orlando! On way home, we stopped 1/2 way in NOLA, which was also great fun. There's so much to see: the giant bridges and bayous in Louisiana, Mississippi River, the piney woods, etc. we stopped frequently since we have 3 kids, had Cajun food, picnic lunch in Biloxi, etc.

This year we are attempting another road trip, plan to get up at the crack of dawn and try to make it to Tallahassee (or as far as we can get). Planning to go see St. Augustine, Savannah, and Vicksburg/Natchez on the way home. I think it's good to plan things to see on the way home...you're excited driving there but the way home can seem like a slog if nothing to stop and see.

Have fun!!!

We drove from Austin in 2014! It wasn't bad at all (but I like road trips:). We left Friday evening after work and made it to Lake Charles (5 hours). The next morning, drove another 7 ish to Destin and stayed there 2 nights, it was AMAZING! After that, maybe 6 more to Orlando! On way home, we stopped 1/2 way in NOLA, which was also great fun. There's so much to see: the giant bridges and bayous in Louisiana, Mississippi River, the piney woods, etc. we stopped frequently since we have 3 kids, had Cajun food, picnic lunch in Biloxi, etc.

This year we are attempting another road trip, plan to get up at the crack of dawn and try to make it to Tallahassee (or as far as we can get). Planning to go see St. Augustine, Savannah, and Vicksburg/Natchez on the way home. I think it's good to plan things to see on the way home...you're excited driving there but the way home can seem like a slog if nothing to stop and see.

Have fun!!!

Hi Eddie,

Thank you for coming along for the journey :)

Wow your trip sounds fabulous! I have never actually been through any of our South Eastern states, so I cant wait.. although it is my husband choosing to drive.. I have to admit I am excited.

I think your absolutely right.. the way back is the worst! Were going to stop in Pensacola for a day or two and visit the beaches.. something we have never done!

Enjoy your upcoming trip this year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!