If our Canadian Disneyworld tickets expire unused, what happens?

Don't count on it. When we couldn't use Day 3/3 tickets at DL due to the closure, they offered us 1-day passes to be used in the next 2 years. We knew the chances of returning were pretty low, so asked about WDW, and were told they can't move passes/value park to park. Hopefully you can get a refund!

I sure hope Disney will allow us to "move the value" of tickets from DL to WDW.

I had a trip scheduled to DL (was supposed to be in the past today, actually) but I don't see myself going to California anytime soon.

I will try to get a refund. If not, at least getting the value towards WDW tickets, instead.

Mine were for March Break. They gave me a cash refund. I hope to go next year instead and fingers crossed that they will offer another Canadian special assuming this is over and there is a vaccine or treatment available,

This is what I am saying based on reading postings here unless there’s a change of policy. But I am aware that some Disers got pixie dusted and were able to do that by phone.
I think it might depend on how the tickets were purchased. I purchased Canadian tickets directly through Disney and they are able to change them over the phone (I've called to ask a couple of times and they confirmed they could be changed but I didn't actually go through with it since we didn't have a trip planned at the time). I'm not sure if you can change/upgrade tickets purchased through AM or UT over the phone though.

I would take a refund over a future trip just in case the situation doesn’t rebound as quickly as hoped. While in self isolation in home, I am spending far less than usual, and figure if it is safe to return next March break, the 20% is easily manageable if there is no Canadian special for 2021. I’m an”a bird in the hand” kind of person and was very happy to get the refund. We own DVC so will try and book for next year but will not borrow points just in case we have to cancel and bank our points to the following year. I will not got south unless there is a vaccination or this is resolved. I am older so that’s a risk factor, but my 15 year old had open heart surgery as a baby and has some asthma. Not worth risking our health for a vacation where we don’t feel safe.

Since my DDs summer Job was cancelled by Disney yesterday, I’m cancelling our planned early August trip that was meant to go down to pick her up.

I had purchased 2 canadian ticket specials for myself and my other DD. We will not be going back before Dec 2020. Both girls will be away at university. Do I still get credit for these tickets for 2021? Even if the parks reopen? Do I need to call them first?

I was able to cancel our room-only no problem but that was booked with UT & they have a toll-free customer service line. The tickets were purchased online through Disney directly.

Wondering if anyone has had experience in cancelling tickets for upcoming trips — and how “credit” would work.

Last edited:
Following . We are supposed to go end of August and my daughter is high risk and I’m not sure I’m comfortable thinking if Christmas maybe ..
I’m stressed to max as we have 2 or maybe 3 hotels booked through airmiles and discovery cove which may just be a loss .. not to make mention air .. but we really are going to need a vacation after this is over

Since my DDs summer Job was cancelled by Disney yesterday, I’m cancelling our planned early August trip that was meant to go down to pick her up.

I had purchased 2 canadian ticket specials for myself and my other DD. We will not be going back before Dec 2020. Both girls will be away at university. Do I still get credit for these tickets for 2021? Even if the parks reopen? Do I need to call them first?

I was able to cancel our room-only no problem but that was booked with UT & they have a toll-free customer service line. The tickets were purchased online through Disney directly.

Wondering if anyone has had experience in cancelling tickets for upcoming trips — and how “credit” would work.
if they were purchased direct from Disney, then you should be able to cancel and get full value right now. Depending on when you purchased them, you might come out a little ahead since the dollar dropped.
If purchased with AM then no you would get the value of them when you go back. If purchased with a 3rd party like UT then you need to call them.

if they were purchased direct from Disney, then you should be able to cancel and get full value right now. Depending on when you purchased them, you might come out a little ahead since the dollar dropped.
If purchased with AM then no you would get the value of them when you go back. If purchased with a 3rd party like UT then you need to call them.
They were the Canadian special tickets dated for August purchased directly on their site. Can I still get a refund for those?

They were the Canadian special tickets dated for August purchased directly on their site. Can I still get a refund for those?
Should not be an issue. Just like any other tickets purchased direct from them.

If we bought the Canadian tickets through a Disney package (i.e. room discount + Canadian tickets), then we can get full refund if we cancel the package by the date, right? (I think it's 30 days before the arrival date)

waahh...

I am one of the eager beavers who linked my AM tickets in MDE, therefore I won't be able to return them and get my miles back.

Me too. I had my Fastpasses all booked. Park plans made. All cancelled now and tickets I'll have to do something with some day.

Mine were all linked and FP booked too. I'm really hoping Disney extendeds the expiration date for the Canadian tickets. Considering the dollar, they are going to need to keep Canadians coming some how and by extendng the tickets they know they've got us coming back at some point in the near future.

I purchased tickets direct through Disney in November (the Canadian special), then changed the dates of my purchase in January. I wanted to get refund for 2 of the 7 days purchased since our plans had changed. They told me the Canadian Tickets were non refundable and that they could only change the dates. So maybe now due to the situation they will refund them? Not sure.... We booked for May so I’m going to have to make that phone call soon. I’m curious how others have made out.

Mine were all linked and FPs booked as well, for our cancelled March break trip. I am hoping somehow Disney can do something to delink them from MDE since they haven’t been used. Hopefully someone can ask about this, I will definitely be calling closer to year end when these tickets “expire”. Obviously they have not been used yet, I just want AM to refund all my air miles at this point.

I sent an email re my Canadian tickets & refunding. Our trip was originally for July 29th to pick up my JCP daughter. Since her job was cancelled by Disney, we had to change our plans.

The email said:

”... tickets with a valid use period beginning March 12, 2020, through the closure will automatically be extended to use through December 15,2020.
If you are unable to visit by December 15,2020, you may apply the value of a wholly unused ticket toward the purchase of a ticket for a future date. That future date can be anytime in 2021.”

This concerns me because my tickets are for July/Aug when the parks may be open. So do I not qualify to apply them to 2021.:confused3 I’m going to leave this for now.

I’m having similar concerns with applying for airline credits with Air Canada as credit will only be good to next April 2021 & my university-age girls won’t be able to travel until next summer. These are flights for July/Aug that I literally Just purchased at the beginning of March.

First-world problems I know — but it’s a good chunk of money to lose.

Anyone have any updates ? I think we will be cancelling August trip and so many things to figure out.
1. cdn residency tickets purchased through Disney believe date specific
2. Two 7 day passes through airmiles cdn residency
Both sets have been linked
3. MNSSHP tickets not linked yet but bought through personal shopper airmiles
4 2 random hotels booked with airmiles I believe both were non refundable but has that changed for August ?
I’m just at a loss . We also booked dec dvc and flights but even that right no if there’s a quarantine Returning home looks scary ..

Ohh and if we keep the tickets I read somewhere they will only give you the value when you show up at a Disney guest services meaning no 60 day fast passes? Is that correct ? If yes that’s awful
Thanks if anyone can shed any light
T

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter