If it's your birthday, let them know at checkin

sdamico71

Slumber Party consultant....
My daughter was turning 12 during our most recent visit to VWL.
At check in, I casually mentioned it to the CM because I forgot to get dinner reservations for that night (silly me!) Anyway, our CM was awesome. She had a small 6" cake delivered on her birthday (no charge and delicious). It was a small cake, but so rich that it fed all 6 of us. I also purchased a cake at VWL for $30 and it was incredible. Tasted like it was from my favorite bakery at home.
But what was the icing on the cake of the trip was that when we finally got to our room, there was an autographed pic of Mickey and Minnie specific to my daughter "Happy 12th Birthday Emily" written by them. There were also chocolates left for her.
I never expected all of this (and certainly not for free). It truly made the visit one that will be a lifetime memory.

www.

Very nice!

I am celebrating my 30th birthday at WDW in week! I never mentioned that it was my birthday trip when I made my room reservation or any of my PS's because I felt too shy to call attention to myself. Maybe if I am feeling bold, I will casually mention it at check-in.;)

So glad to hear the magic is still alive and well at WL!

Be sure to get a Birthday button also. My daughter got one for me on a recent trip. It was so nice to be wished Happy Birthday by many, many cast members. We got a magical moment on Journey into Imag., a phone call from Goofy, Mom herself sang Happy Birthday along with customers in Prime Time Cafe. I thought I wouldn't enjoy the fuss but it was great. I also got special towel animals with Happy Birthday stickers on them at our resort.

I love the way Disney makes you feel special.

Man Cub, I thought the only place to get the birthday buttons were at the City Hall at MK. Has this changed since we were there in 2001?

I'll be in WDW for my 30th Birthday too!!! I can't wait! Do you get the birthday badges at the guest relations at each park?

For some reason this did not work for us at Wilderness Lodge. I informed the desk, in a nice round about way during check in, that we would be celebrating my husbands birthday while we were staying there in December 2000. We paid full price for a junior/deluxe suite, no discount was available at the time which was fine. But was a little disappointed that they did nothing. My sons and I made the day a special one for him anyway but it would of been nice if a few ballons or just any extra gesture was found in our room. I even mentioned the birthday in the fax I sent 3 days prior. Glad to hear others have had better experiences.

RobinLyn:D

i celebrated my birthday at walt disney world on 11/21 and the bus driver made everyone sing happy birthday to me!that made my birthday extra special!:)

Unfortunately, it didn't work for us at PO-FQ either! My husband told them that our son was turning three the next day (we checked in day before his birthday) and he said they even noted it in the computer. But, nothing ever came of it -- and we never even got special towel animals! (The three rooms that were with us did, but not ours -- the only room with a child!) But, I'm not really complaining because it was a beautiful resort and we had a wonderful stay.

We did pick up the birthday button at MK and he was serenaded by a band in front of Winnie the Pooh ride and they even gave him another special button and his favorite: the moving trashcan sang happy birthday to him! Also received dessert for our whole crew from a CM at one of the food courts in the park.

Top it off with birthday dinner at Chef Mickeys and presents with very special family members back at the hotel and it was overall a wonderful birthday celebration!

Just don't expect anything -- and you'll be pleasantly surprised if you get something! If I hadn't known they ever did anything, I wouldn't have been disappointed! :D

I had an awesome surprise on my bday, staying at ASMO!! My TA told CRO when she booked the room, that it was my bday on the 21st, and on the printout we received at check in, it stated my bday, and that I was to receive a bday call from Goofy. We get back to the room after a long day at MK and Epcot, and I realize that there was no call, so I called front desk, and explain the situation, and the CM asked me what my fave character was (Tigger), and that he would get in touch with the department that handles the birthday calls. After being on hold for a couple minutes, he comes back on the line, says everything is taken care of. An hour or so later, I go to bed, when there was a knock on the door, and my mom answers it, the cm asks for Julia, mom tells them I'm in bed, and I turn over, to find that they brought 3 helium balloons, and an autographed photo of Tig and friends. Let me tell you, that put a smile on my face!!! This was one of the best birthdays I had in a LONG time!!

Jules

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter