if interested in purchasing older DVC locations...

iwannbindisnee

DIS Veteran
Other than my guide, is there any other place to see if DVD is even offering any points at the older locations? If not currently available, is there a waiting list? My guide does't tend to get back to me in reasonable amount of time ( within 24-48 hours is what I consider reasonable for a sales person to get back to a potential sales or existing client --I am in sales & make it a point to get back to people within 24 hours)
Thanks, Debbie

Expect delays as they try to recover from Irma. Why buy direct? You can change guides if you want. Send me a message and I will give you my senior guides info.

:earsboy: Bill

Older resorts are much better bought resale.

My understanding is sales staff are incentivised to sell newer resorts and some avoid sales of older resorts and try to steer towards newer

Last edited:

We almost bought a small add on at Hilton Head on a cruise last year. They didn't have the availability then, but put us on a "wait list". They told us not to get too excited that sometimes it took a while. The next week we got a call. Unforutnately, that was a little too quick for us so we passed. Point to the story, yes - there is a wait list. Yes, they can sell older stuff.

We almost bought a small add on at Hilton Head on a cruise last year. They didn't have the availability then, but put us on a "wait list". They told us not to get too excited that sometimes it took a while. The next week we got a call.
Be glad that you passed on that HH contract. The MF jumped quite a bit this year.

As for OP -- definitely look into the resale market for a significant savings compared to direct. The only exception would be the newer copper creek as it too new to be on the resale market and there would be no savings at this point even if it was.

My Dear Wife and I bought into The Villas at WL, in 2012. We did this RIGHT through Disney - no resale.

How is that possible? In 2012, The Villas at WL were sold out :). SURE they were :).

How we did this: We contacted DVC (who immediately tried to sell us Saratoga Springs). We explained a fundamental thing:
"If you want the MONEY, you WILL find a way to HOME us at the VWL".

It worked. Oh, not within the HOUR.... It took WDW a few days. But they had enough foreclosure and ROFR points to get the job done :).
We GOT our 270 points per year (enough for two vacations, the way a retired couple does them).

So - just our experience.... NOTHING is unavailable through WDW if one is clear about WHAT you will give them money for. Could we have saved money via resale? Probably - but we will hit payback April 2018, and we have no restrictions :).

Other than my guide, is there any other place to see if DVD is even offering any points at the older locations? If not currently available, is there a waiting list? My guide does't tend to get back to me in reasonable amount of time ( within 24-48 hours is what I consider reasonable for a sales person to get back to a potential sales or existing client --I am in sales & make it a point to get back to people within 24 hours)
Thanks, Debbie

DVC sells points at all the resorts - but they may not have points right when you call and there are at least 3 resorts they don't do waitlists for from most reports - VGC, VGF and BCV. Others you can probably get on a waitlist. Some guides are more willing to sell the older resorts than others but if one tell you they are only selling CCV, PVB and Aulani then call back and ask to be reassigned to a different guide. Since it sounds like you're not happy with the response of your current guide you might want to request a new one anyway. No need to have someone that isn't responsive to your questions about buying.

It may not only be cheaper but faster to buy resale for some of the resorts if you want something they don't have when you call.

Echoing what a few others have said, outside of a couple of resorts potentially not having a waitlist, you can get on one for older resorts. In a scenario similar to Dean's above, a few months ago we sat down with an agent after viewing the new CCVC suites (we got $100 gift card, so why not?), and while we weren't interested in the new resort, we had some interest in BLT. The agent said that those points were tough to come by, and when we indicated those would likely be the only option for us in the future, he excused himself from the room. He came back 10-15 minutes later to tell us that he "found" 121-pt contract of which we could buy as few as 25 points and as much as the whole contract. Take from that what you will. Postscript: We didn't buy anything because in that intervening 15 minutes we were left alone, we talked ourselves out of adding points at that time.

I just purchased at the Poly. I was going to wait for BWV, but I hope to use the points in a few months so didn't want to wait, the guy I worked with said everything is available except two properties. It just might take a little longer then Poly, Alauni or CC.

I just purchased at the Poly. I was going to wait for BWV, but I hope to use the points in a few months so didn't want to wait, the guy I worked with said everything is available except two properties. It just might take a little longer then Poly, Alauni or CC.

Which two properties?

I was wondering for anyone that purchased an add on with Disney for an older resort would you be willing to let me know how much they charge? I was wondering if the Disney charges almost the same price for an older resort add on as for an new resort add on..

Thanks
ctc917

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter