If I'm in one room using DVC pts, can I rent a 2nd room with my AP discount?

bjakmom

DIS Veteran
Hmmm..... Now DS and his GF want to join our trip, but I am out of points. I have a 1 bedroom reserved with my points at AKV - can I use my AP discount to reserve a room for them at the same resort (well, we'll be at Kidani and they would be at Jambo) even though I won't be staying in their room? I know I can rent 2 rooms at once with my AP, but has anyone ever combined dvc and ap?

I know for sure the passholder has to be there for check-in, and I'm pretty sure you must also be one of the registered guests in the room.

I am not 100% sure but I think you can. We stayed on a cash reservation (well, obviously) at all star movies and my sister and her DH met us a few days later. I booked their room with my AP discount. I was not listed in any manner on their room. This was in October and I had heard all over these boards that I would not be able to do it. Expect that you will have to be there for check in.

The most obvious answer is you should call and see. If for some reason you must be listed in the room then I am sure the extra adult charge is by far less than your savings so just do it that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!