If I split my stay, will I lose free dining?

Happy Artist

Earning My Ears
In July, we are staying for 6 nights. If I stay at the Contemporary for 4 nights and two nights somewhere else, will I lose free dining at the 2nd hotel?

You can try to book free dining at both resorts, but since you have to purchase a ticket at each resort to get the free dining, it will probably negate your savings. You could book free dining at the first resort with enough ticket days to last thru both stays. Then try for a room discount at your second resort. You would have to pay for your food, but might be cheaper than paying for another 2 or 3 day ticket.

Last edited:

I’ve become a split-stay junkie. This year we’re doing our “free dining stay” first and our “room only discount stay” 2nd. The dining credits are good up until midnight on the day we check out of 1st resort. So that gives us one day at the new resort that we wont have to pay for food. Everything else will be OOP for the rest of the trip, but it’s only for 4 days. Plus, the amount of food we get on the ddp is rather indulgent. We don’t normally eat that much. We did same thing last trip and it worked out great.

*And we purchased 8 day tickets with our 6 night fd pkg*

Last edited:
pp are right, you need to book your first stay with free dining and buy enough tickets for both stays. Did you already book free dining? You might not be able to drop days unless your new revised stay is available for new bookings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter