ID's for children in the parks???

LIZZY

Earning My Ears
I posted this on another site also wasn't sure where to post. Here is my question: Wht kind of id do the kids need??? and where do I put it??? I have made cards for me to keep with me.... but they need id's of their names and mine.... and hubbys.....I thought about necklaces but then was afraid of some of the rides with them?? thought about something in the shoe??? any ideas?? I have read some good ones here but don't remember where. Thanks for your help, can't wait to hear from you ........
:confused: :confused: :confused:

Here's a link that has been posted here before.....
http://www.id-inside.com/

An ID band for the kids to wear. You could put in your hotel info. cell phone #, home info, emergency contact #, your's and your group's info.... Whatever will make a cm's job to find you easiest.

I plan to include health info too....both kids have asthma and carry meds with them.

Another good idea is those metal dog tags that can be made at discount stores thought a vending machine. Put your information on it and then lace it through your childs tennis shoes laces. Teach them if they get lost to show the CM their foot!

Jordan's mom

Originally posted by jldriscoll
Here's a link that has been posted here before.....
http://www.id-inside.com/

An ID band for the kids to wear. You could put in your hotel info. cell phone #, home info, emergency contact #, your's and your group's info.... Whatever will make a cm's job to find you easiest.

I plan to include health info too....both kids have asthma and carry meds with them.
GREAT INFO, THANKS! I bookmarked this........

Our twins are now 7 and we have always pinned a small id card in the bottom of their fanny pack and told them to look for a CM if lost. We never put ID where any one can easily see it!!

We are leaving tomrrow and have two girls ages 3 & 4. We have heart shaped lockets with the princesses pictures on them. I printed in small print on a lable using my computer that has our children's name, our name, hotel name phone # and both our cell numbers to put inside the locket.

When we go on rides, I will ask the girls to put their necklaces under their shirts. I will even put their necklace on them before we board the plane tomrrow--just in case we get seperated.

I will report if this worked well when I return.

Disney used to have paper id tags - check guest services. You can pin them inside their shirts.

We are back from our trip--and the ID necklace did not work very well, since my girls wanted to take off their necklaces the first day.

What did work well, was we received the AMEX white glove package at check in and now they have these straps that we all wore around our necks with a place at the bottom to keep your entry card. We just wrote all the kids names hotel name etc. on a slip of paper and put it inside.

The neck straps were great, since we did not have to search for our entry card when we were entering a park or getting fast passes and the little ones did not mind wearing them.

jldriscoll

Thanks so much for the great link. My DD is diabetic so the Medic Alert one will be great for us.
Do you have any idea how many little inserts come with them?
Angela

Originally posted by trustknoone
jldriscoll

Thanks so much for the great link. My DD is diabetic so the Medic Alert one will be great for us.
Do you have any idea how many little inserts come with them?
Angela

You're welcome!! Although I can't really take much credit, I found the link from someone here on the boards in the first place! :)

In answer to you question, here's a quote form the info section of the ID site......

"The product comes with four disposable ID cards and instructions on how to easily make new ID cards."

jldriscoll, those ID Inside bracelets look great. Do you have any idea how easy it would be for a toddler to remove one? I know my DD would keep one on if I told her to. However, I'm sure my DS, the 22 month old, would try to take his off.

They weren't too hard to remove--our 2 1/2 year old had hers off easily and insisted on putting it back on by herself. However, once we were at the parks she didn't bother it at all, and we used it every day. We used that, a sticker on the back of her shirt, and a card in a clear plastic card holder attached to her fanny pack/leash. Thank goodness we didn't have to use any of them!

campingcorgi, thanks for the info. Sounds like they will be worth a try. Hopefully, he'll forget about it once we're in the parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter