Ideas to Keep Toddlers Busy on Plane

aristocatz

DIS Veteran
Seeking ideas to keep toddlers ( 5 & 3) busy on a plane ride?

When I was a kid in the 1980's, my parents got us these water game toys where you have to push buttons on a toy to get rings on a hoop (anyone remember those?). Can't seem to find them now.

We are planning to pack coloring books and crayons, but those seem to keep attention for about 15 minutes max.

Any other ideas?

Thanks!

Buy a couple cheap tablets and put apps on to keep them busy, maybe Netflix and download a few shows that can be watched offline. Watch a show, play a game, and do the other activities.

Buy a couple cheap tablets and put apps on to keep them busy, maybe Netflix and download a few shows that can be watched offline. Watch a show, play a game, and do the other activities.

Keeping in mind that anything that makes noise must be used with headphones, or with the sound off.

OP, the water toys you are looking for wouldn't be allowed past security anyway.

Sticker books, notepad and pens (for tic tac toe, hangman, etc with the older one). A new or old favorite movie on a tablet with headphones of course, gel cling window decorations worked well for my 2yo last trip - he stuck them on the window and tray table for a solid 30 min, and we just tossed them when we got off.

Snacks. Snacks galore.

Color wonder coloring pads are awesome for traveling. If you have iPad or laptop you can download a movie or show for them to watch.

Those are preschool age kids. Much easier! While we were quite strict on electronics at home... for travel you can't beat it. Down load a couple movies and new fun apps.... good for hours. Beyond that sticker books, magnetic play sets, paper dolls or color wonder sets are good. Lots of fun snacks are great too. Buy drinks after you get through security.

When I was a kid in the 1980's, my parents got us these water game toys where you have to push buttons on a toy to get rings on a hoop (anyone remember those?). Can't seem to find them now.

I just recently snagged a couple little ones at a Dollar Tree before a long drive in August, check there? They were even Disney Princess and Marvel themed and yes they kept them busy for awhile.

Snacks snacks snacks. Especially new ones they may not have seen before (simple, like Cupcake Goldfish instead of regular Goldfish).

Really our last flight to Orlando was when they were 2 & 4, and I packed them each a bag with coloring books, magnetic games, window clings, etc., but all they wanted were the electronics. DD 4 was thrilled with her own showing of Finding Nemo and headphones while snacking, and DS 2 played an alphabet game almost the whole trip.

I’ve been collecting small toys and things for our almost 2 year old’s first plane trip. I found a little crayola color wonder pack with three markers and some Disney princess coloring pages, a small pack of Disney little people (the fisher price ones), things like that. I’ve also picked up a few sticker sheets and small activity packs from the target dollar section. I plan on bringing some gummies and snacks that she doesn’t get very often.

Electronics and snacks. I don’t really consider those ages to be toddler ages, more like preschoolers

We used to allow movies on iPads only on the plane, so they were a special treat. Some long flights involved 3 or more movies... (shrug).

Crayola color wonder, reusable sticker pads, the water "painting" pads were all good. If the kids have lovies or security objects, make sure thats in the carryon too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter