Ideas to help celebrate 50th Wedding Anniversary on board?

sabrecmc

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone,

My parents, my daughter and I, and my brother and his family are going on the Labor Day weekend 3-night Dream cruise to celebrate my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary. Other than things like the spa, pictures and Palo, any thoughts as to what might be a neat way to mark the occasion?

Thank you!

How wonderful and special!!

I recommend you decorate your parents door...get wedding decor at the dollar store, glue on magnets and make a sign that says "just married...50 years"...kind of what you might do to their car if you were on land...you could even make some copies of their wedding photos for the door!

Other suggestions:
  • attend Match your Mate (if your parents are up for it, not shy) as they are likely to be the couple who are married the longest and can participate in the fun gameshow (think the Newlywed game)
  • if you think they won't mind you can create a small flyer with a current photo (and maybe a wedding photo) that suggests that: if you see this couple, wish them congratulations...you can share this with folks in your cruise meet thread (some of the cruisemeets are on facebook), nearby cabins, etc
  • make sure the celebration is noted on their reservation
  • make sure you tell your head servers in the dining rooms
  • consider surfing ebay to purchase "a happily ever after" button - used in the parks to indicate a special day...don't know if they have that one on the ship (perhaps others can tell you)
Have an amazing time!

Last edited:

We made up t-shirts for our whole family (11 people) when we celebrated my parents' 40th anniversary on board in 2013. We all wore them on the first day and got lots of well wishes for my folks!

When we celebrated an anniversary on board (not nearly that many years)............I spoke to our room steward and he set up the room one afternoon with 2 towel swans and rose petals all over the bed. I had ordered the Proseco and matching robe set that was also delivered to the room the same day.

Good luck!

Hi everyone,

My parents, my daughter and I, and my brother and his family are going on the Labor Day weekend 3-night Dream cruise to celebrate my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary. Other than things like the spa, pictures and Palo, any thoughts as to what might be a neat way to mark the occasion?

Thank you!
That is wonderful!
We are just doing Palo! We are celebrating our 50th too!

I am following along as a big group of us will be celebrating my in-laws 50th in August! We will be at Castaway Cay on their actual anniversary!!

Great ideas!

We had about 15 of us on board to celebrate my in-laws' 50th a couple of years ago. We were able to schedule a private meet and greet with Mickey and took probably 100 pictures of the family in all different combinations. I uploaded them to Shutterfly with pictures the family had taken the rest of the trip and made a coffee table book that my MIL still raves about.

My MIL wore her button the whole trip and had people congratulating her left and right. She was in heaven!!

We also had a fish extender made for them and did a small family exchange throughout the trip ( but we had 6 cabins).

They sang to them at dinner one night and brought a cake. I think we were also able to get some chocolate covered strawberries added to it to take to their room?

I will see what else I can remember. I know for them just having the family together to celebrate was 90 percent of the fun.

You can get Happy Anniversary pins for them from guest services once on board, they don't have how many years on the pin though.

I think this is a great idea as magical things happen, we left ours on, and Post ship, got to open up Animal Kingdom, and were family of the day there.

We celebrated my parents' 50th last summer on our Alaska cruise with 14 of us. I ordered door magnets from Etsy. (Bridal Mickey and Minnie with a banner that said "Happy 50th Anniversary!")

We designated one dinner (an at-sea day so no chance of excursions running long) as the official anniversary dinner. We told our serving staff and the headwaiter. We had champagne, sparkling apple juice (for all the grandkids), a cake, and I brought some fun, kinda tacky table decorations. (The kind from Party City -- a sparkly "50" to put in the center of the table, etc. All things I could easily pack in my suitcase and that I mostly threw away.)

I also had custom gold and white m&m's ordered with my parents' wedding photo and "happy 50th!" written on them. I got small, clear plastic heart boxes from Amazon, filled each with the m&ms and put one at each seat at dinner. The kids LOVED these and my parents thought they were hilarious. Just a fun, small surprise to help differentiate that night. You can easily order custom m&ms from the m&m website.

Then I made a photo book of our trip afterward and sent one copy to each family branch. So many fantastic memories! Have a wonderful time!

You might want to add one private occasion, in addition to all the wonderful family celebrations. If they are foodies, what could possibly be better than Palo just for the two of them. Tell the host there what's going on, and trust me they'll be pampered

Another idea: tell the singers outside the MDRs (or in the nightclub) and they'll almost certainly call them out and dedicate a song to them.

Last edited:
I don’t believe this was mentioned but we got a special cake ordered for my parents at our rotation on the MDR in advance. The staff will definitely treat them special if they ask guest services for the anniversary button. Do you need the link to order a cake? I’m thinking because of your child it would be best for a “family” celebration since Palo would not make an exception to allow her/him to join.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter