Ideas on a Nightmare before Christmas Halloween Decor for yard?

kkmcan

Official Mouse Fan
I am trying to put together some Halloween decorations for my front yard that have the NBC theme. So far I've got black wreaths done with black and white striped ribbon, a huge Jack Skellington costume that I'm going to stuff and build a frame for so he'll stand up, some strung Jack lights for the tree. What else should I make/do? I'd like some kind of Zero decoration. Any ideas?

No ideas but I would love to see a picture when you are done. Sounds great. I love decorating for Halloween.

I'm thinking lots of hanging plastic bats, how about skeletons in trees and a pumpkin grave yard. Maybe make a gate to walk through off a patio of back door????? Have fun post pictures!

NBC is a great movie.. and one of my favorites. I am so following you to see the end product photos. :)

You can make something NBC related for the window using this as an example... Here is this cool lace that you can hang up in the windows facing the street.. but maybe you can make something similar out of white sheers and black construction paper.. here is the link: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000OLQDZG...e=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B000OLQDZG

Thanks for the lace panel link. That is cool! Got my bows on my black wreaths. I bought some Jack glow in the dark figurines/heads on ebay. I thought I could stick those on the wreaths as well. Got some carvable pumpkins at Michaels so I need to get to work on carving those and figuring out how to best display them.

I need some black garland to swag over my garage door but I haven't seen any at Michaels.

Going to buy some ping pongs balls, drill a small hole in each, paint white with black jack face and put over clear christmas lights for my strung lights.

I found a Zero dog costume on ebay that I could hang from my tree but not willing to spend $25 for it.

That's it for my update!

This all sounds so fun... And just right for NBC! Tim Burton's style is great for Halloween.
You are going to post the finished product on here right? I am looking forward to seeing it all!

You could probably make a Zero costume by bending wire and using a sheer fabric plus fabric stiffener to shape it. Glue an itty bitty pumpkin to his nose and stake him in the ground so he looks like he is floating. If you have a tree, build a "door" that Jack used to go in and out of the different holiday towns. OOOH you could also do "Christmastown" on the other side of the tree and leave it all up until after Christmas! :thumbsup2

You could put lots of glowing jack o'lanterns and a graveyard around the yard. I've also seen cheapo "garden fencing" at dollar stores - you could paint those black and use them around the graveyard.

To go really over the top how about looking for a wheelchair on Craigslist and make Dr. Finklestein and use burlap or even garbage bags to make Ooogie Boogie?

I really hope you share pictures!

you could carve some NBC pumpkins

here's a couple my DH made
DSC_7012.jpg

DSC_7003.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter