Ideas needed for long weekend birthday treats

vandrbrg

Earning My Ears
We are coming down for 3 days over Veteran's Day weekend (arriving late Friday, departing late Monday) as a birthday gift to our 11 and 13 year olds. For part of their gifts, I want to put together a "coupon" book of small treats/experiences that they can cash in during the trip and need help with ideas. Here's what I have so far:

1) 1 free ride of choice (no complaining from anyone else)
2) You pick dinner (1 night each)
3) 1 souvenir of choice under $30
4) I Need A Break - 30 minutes screen time, no questions asked
5) 1 airport snack of choice (time permitting)

Are there particular small treats or inexpensive experiences worth adding? For reference, we're staying at Portfino Bay. Kids are huge roller coaster fans. They are excited for the Potter stuff, but are not die-hard Potter Heads.

Thanks for the help!
Heather

- gelato place at the Portofino is good tasting. Sometimes, during happy hour or when they say, it's 2 scoops for the price of one. Nice flavors.
- if they like cotton candy, the huge one in Suess's candy place is great for a picture before eating. It's huge. And I don't think that expensive.
- Starbucks in the hotel, if they like any of their offerings, would be relatively inexpensive.
- Pink Donuts for Simpson area - big enough to share. And fun to look at. Don't think too expensive either.
- sometimes they do a tour of Mummy ride, but if too busy, they many not offer. Ask team member out front. Same with Men in Black ride, tour of downstairs area is neat. Both are free, and only if get lucky and both are fun few minutes of where you usually cannot go.
- Since you're staying at the Portofino, allow a second ride, through express line, to ride favorite coaster at least once more.

My thoughts, and have fun. We like the style of the Portofino the best, and the rooms are the largest, including the bathrooms. So excited for you, a holiday, birthday trip coming up soon. WOOT!

My girls loved Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, so when we were discussing our next trip, they asked if they saved XXX amount of money would we get them a special treat from there for reaching their goal. They have a couple of display cases full of things like truffles and cupcakes, etc.

Your list looks pretty amazing already. :)

I Love this idea - the downtime is a great option! - other ideas based on what my kids would have liked at that age.....

Pick your ride partner (maybe more than one?)
refillable drink mug
1 snack per day
Pick a lanyard (if you don't already have them, they are great since you have EP and will probably buy them anyway)
Pass on a ride with no judgement (they can wait the line and use the "chicken exit")

My dd's are not home right now but I bet they have some ideas lol - if so i will edit later to add them :)

Have a great time!

How about these?

- Stand by the Brazilian tour group while they clap and sing
- Stand in the Jurassic Park River Adventure splash zone without a poncho
- Sit through the Barney show

No really, how about a min scavenger hunt? Winner gets something neat like a huge donut at Voodoo Donuts or a big desert.

Thanks everybody! The Brazilian tour group suggestion is my ABSOLUTE FAV! I still remember those groups from early Disney trips 25+ years ago.

So, how did it go @vandrbrg ? I've adapted your idea for Christmas gifts for our 3 kids. :)

They enjoyed picking lanyards and a souvenir, but beyond that didn't use many of them. Ultimately, though, it's because everyone was so cooperative and pleasant that all of the "you get to pick and no one complains" type cards weren't needed. It was like an early Christmas miracle! And they didn't want to stop for breaks.

That said, the snack ones probably would have been more popular but because my kids have food allergies their options are pretty limited and we chose not to use that idea so that no one was set up for a disappointment.

Thanks for the response @vandrbrg!

I adjusted your ideas to:

Activity of your choice
Late night
Meal of your choice
Snack of drink
Souvenir

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!