Ideas for special things to do with dd turning 12

jacksmom

DIS Veteran
Hi, have older ds but first trip in a couple of years and think dd has outgrown BBB and maybe CRT, just wondering if anyone has ideas to keep 12 yo trip memorable with some extra ideas for birthday trip? Going in July.

We went in October and my daughter was 12. We did the Pirate and Pals cruise. It was fun a little geared toward younger kids but she really enjoyed it and the view for the fireworks was really nice. One of the dessert parties would be good - we enjoyed the Plaza view. We also did the Giants Animal Kingdom tour. That was nice and though she isn't a huge fan of animals she really enjoyed it and the view from a backstage area. One of her favorite things, though not in a park, is to go to the Coke store and do the coke tasting at the top. They give you several (maybe 16?) different cokes from around the world (kind of like Epcot). It was a lot of fun. My daughter outgrew BBB and CRT several years ago so we are always looking for something different to do!!

my dd is 13 and she enjoyed the waterparks most.I would also try the void vr experience at Disney springs if it is still there by then,

How about a mani/pedi at the GF spa and GF afternoon tea? The HEA dessert party? HDDR is also a lot of fun and they recognize all birthdays there!

A fireworks dessert party
Pick a Pearl in Epcot (Japan)
Tea at GF
Dinner at California Grill and stay to watch the fireworks
A shopping spree (if she's into that) - give her a gift card and set aside a few hours during which you go wherever she would like to spend it
Waterpark or mini-golf (if not part of your usual WDW routine)

Great ideas, l am going to book the Gentle Giants tour in Ak, we will go to TL, was trying to decide between Pirates fireworks cruise, HDD or Luau? Desert fireworks viewing is not available yet for July? GF tea is a great idea!

I like the pick a pearl and was thinking about the Maraco temp tattoos?
My DD liked the henna tattoos. She had it done there. I can try to link a picture.
How about the hot air balloon ride in DS?
Have a special cake brought in to your birthday dinner! (See the cake thread under restaurants for full info, photos & ideas)
You could also have Disney florist put an in room celebration in your hotel room.
Buy her the “it’s my birthday” Mickey ears & have her wear that (and the birthday pin) to get birthday wishes all day!

Great ideas, l am going to book the Gentle Giants tour in Ak, we will go to TL, was trying to decide between Pirates fireworks cruise, HDD or Luau? Desert fireworks viewing is not available yet for July? GF tea is a great idea!

I still have fond memories of doing the Luau as a 12 year old myself! I think she'd enjoy that!

I took my DD and her friend to GF for the 1900 Park Fare for the Buffet with Cinderella, Prince Charming, and the step sisters. It was her 14th birthday dinner.

We did the Dessert Party on her actual birthday. The party itself was meh. I gave it a not so good review. The VIP firework area made up for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter