Ideas for children with birthdays???

Molokai Gram

<font color=green>DIS Veteran<br><font color=magen
Aloha,
And another question...two of our grandchildren will have birthdays within 3 weeks of our DL visit and we would like to do something special, maybe a small lunch party or even just a cupcake...I want them to have a birthday memory. Any ideas on what we could do?
Also, is there anyway I could order and get a DL name badge for my granddaughter before we leave. The boys still have theirs from WDW, but she has never gone and I would like her to have one to wear too.
Mahalo,
Donna

Mahalo,
Her name is Hi'ilani, I guess it would have to be Hiilani on a badge. Please send me a email or pm with the cost and your address so I can reimburse you . I truly appreciate your aloha.
Donna

I am also planning my child's 4th birthday at the end of May and would like some feedback on specials events to help celebrate. I heard something about Goofy's Kitchen? Any suggestions or feeback on where in the DL Resort Area (hotels, parks, etc) to celebrate for a child?

THANKS!

We're locals and there's a lot to do at DL for little one's birthdays. Make sure you stop in a Guest Relations for a birthday sticker for the child to wear. They may then get a little extra special treatment throughout the day from the cast members. We've had birthday celebrations at Goofy's Kitchen. For some extra $ they'll provide balloons and party decorations. They also let you bring in decorations and cake yourself. We've also gone to the Mary Poppins Tea in the hotel for children's parties. I'd call the Disney Reservations line to find out prices and make reservations. Another fun thing to do is go to Build-a-Bear at Downtown Disney. For about $20 you can pick your own bear, build it, and give it something to wear. For more $ you can get a more elaborate outfit. Have a great time!:)

It was a surprise, she didn't know we were going until we were walking up to the DLH. HAPPPY 7th BIRTHDAY! We had such fun. It was her first trip.

We had breakfast at Goofy's Kitchen. I think it was an extra $5 and she had balloons on her table, a little gift bag with a pen, a puzzle, and other fun stuff. The waitress brought her an elaborate cupcake and all the characters made a huge fuss over her. When Goofy came by they made a big announcement and the whole section sang Happy Birthday to her. She still talks about it. This was a good buffet and while more expensive than I would normally want to spend on breakfast is still something that she refers back to often, so worth it.

We went to City Hall and got a birthday button and I can't say enough about how wonderful that was! They even gave us an extra for her Autograph book! The CM's on the rides all wished her a Happy Birthday. We got the front seat on lots of rides including Splash Mountain :rolleyes: and the CM announcing to keep your hands and feet inside the ride at Small World wished her a Happy Birthday over the PA. She got picked to be in the Alladin Show as Jafar and just generally had a terrific day.

We went to the Mary Poppins Tea in the afternoon and that was also really special. It was expensive, but so worth it. It is kind of like a show, as Mary Poppins sang a few songs and we got some great interaction with her. It was a little "fancy" and so felt like a special celebration. All little girls and the women who love them should go to this. It was really terrific.

The tea was a sufficient afternoon break and when we went back to Disneyland we stopped at the CM booth at the hub and asked about meeting the princesses. It turns out they were ALL making an afternoon appearance in the shade around the castle. There were only short lines and we met Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Belle in about 20 minutes. She was soooo in heaven. Ad the ictures turned out really pretty with the landscaping. Auroras is the best as you can see the castle in the background.

We watched the evening parade, grabbed a snack and went down to the castle right after the parade. Camped out there right in front of the rope and ended up sitting next to the nicest lady who gave us alllllll sorts of tips for what else to see, what to skip and when to do it all. This was before I found this site so it was great! We waited about 45 minutes and had terrific views of the fireworks and Tinkerbelle. Then we walked over to watch Fantasmic. The CM handing out maps that mornign had told us to stand behind the light tower that looked like it was going to block our view, but that it would raise up when the show started. There was no one there when we got there, but all the rest of the spots were taken. So I went and stood behind the light tower feeling a bit silly as we could see nothing. Then up it went and we had am amazing view! Felt sooooo cool. The look on Emma's face when the tower went up and she realized I had been right (whew! as tooo funny!)

Terrific, perfect magical day. I think everything we did was PERFECT birthday fun. I know not everything is available now, but this all happened without a lot of planning on my part. I think I made the PS less than 2 weeks out, and figured out the fireworks,parades and Fantasmic all after we got there. It just happened. Here's to hoping it just happens for you too!
Have a great Disneyland Birthday!

Jennifer :D :bounce: :D

Jennifer - thanks for all the detailed information and suggestions! I just can't wait to experience her birthday with her at Disneyland. She already lights up just by seeing the commercials on TV!

Mahalo for all your responses,

I am so excited. This will be my first trip to DL with a little girl (I only had sons and my first two grandchildren were boys) and I wanted it to be as special for her as it will be for me. ;)
I was looking forward to finally being with a child that wanted to meet the Princesses. LOL

But my oldest grandson and my granddaughter will also have birthdays just before we leave, I wanted to do something special for them. I am not sure if I will get the birthday button, because it won't actually be either child's birthday while we are there, but I think Goofy's breakfast party will be perfect. (Especially since we won't be having a big party for them at home becaue of the preparation for the trip.)

I am getting so excited. Thank you for helping me.

Donna

Donna,

Another thing you can do... when the kids are not looking... go over to New Orlean's Square where the Jazz musicians are near the exit to Pirates... Tell the musicians that you brought your three gchildren from Hawaii & are celebrating two of their b-days... they'll sing happy birthday to the kids - I bet they'll get a big kick out of that.

We did that to my cousin's daughter when she turned 13-- of course, she was a little embarrassed with all the attention, but now says that that was the best bday ever.

They also sell little princess tiaras - your little one might like wearing it, and being "princess for a day."

I also recommend Goofy's Kitchen - we had breakfast there, and it was delish. Also, at DCA, Avalon Cove has a lot of character interaction at their meals (we had dinner there). Both places were a lot of fun.

I think that just by telling the kids what a good time you're having with them will be a great gift in itself....

When we went to DL w/my friend & her twins - they were 7 at the time, and had never been. I put $10 Disney dollars in envelopes with their names, and when they got to DL, Nick & Kelly ran up to them and told them that Mickey had given them those envelopes to give the boys. Shoulda seen their eyes - it was so cute! An idea is to give them a mug with their favorite character, and put Disney $$ in there for them to buy something they like for themselves (even if it's Disney candy or whatever).

Make sure you have them touch the apple in front of Snow Whites Scary Adventures so they can hear what happens... also, in the Villains shop there is a cage w/a witch - have the kids turn the key. :)

Aloha,
Today is Hi'ilani's actual birthday and TODAY we got a special package in the mail from Tink33!!!:bounce: It was Hi'ilani's own guest of honor badge!!!:earsgirl:
And, even more incredible, it matches her brothers' ones except it says Disneyland instead of WDW!!!!:earseek: :earseek: :earseek:
Is this not proof of the magic of pixie dust? And the very special goodness of our own Tinkerbell - TINK33?
Mahalo Tink, you have made my own little Tinkerbell (she was Tink the last two Halloweens and will be wearing her costume next month on her first visit to DL) very happy on her 5th birthday and her grandma is truly grateful. :)
Donna
:wave:

Tink33,
We will be in Disneyland during my son's birthday and would like to know where you got the birthday badge with the child's name on it. Thanks for letting me know!!

We've had actual birthday parties for our children at the Plaza Inn. If you call (714) 781-4650,
you can order a personalized birthday cake for your child. The cost a year ago was $31.19 and you can place your order 30 days out. The Plaza staff does a great job celebrating. The
turn the music down and do an announcement over the loud speaker, serve your drinks and the cake. The cake is more than enough for a family of 6. We had them box the leftovers up and refrigerate them. On our way out of the park that evening, we stopped by to pick it up. We also had balloons tied to our chairs which we were allowed to take with us. They do these parties I believe twice a day in the off hours...around 2-4:00 I believe. If you plan it right, you can go directly there from the afternoon parade.

Happy Planning!

Party Teacher

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter