Ideas for celerating DD's 16th birthday...

ShannonP

Mouseketeer
Her actual birthday was 7/1, but due to some scheduling conflicts, we won't actually be in DW until 8/3. We've decided to just celebrate her birthday then. Anyone have any ideas on what to do for a 16 year old girl. We have ressies at CM (dinner), GG, CRT (lunch), 50's Prime Time and the new Epcot Princess breakfast (although I neglected to mention her birthday when I made the ressies). Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks

When you check in to your resort mention that it is her birthday. I'd also call back and give them your PS confirmation number and let them know that you are celebrating a birthday and when you check in at the podium let the host/hostess know also. We had several nice surprises for our DS's who have celebrated many birthdays there. Their birthdays are 9 days apart in March when we go over DS spring break. It works out great.

Make sure you stop by City Hall at MK and pick up a birthday button. She'll be wished happy birthday all day by CMs.:D

do you think it matters that it is not her actual birthday? I personally think that if the reason for the trip is the birthday, then getting things like a birthday button is ok. What does everyone else think? Also, do you wear the button the entire trip, or just designate one day as the pretend birthday?

I was actually wondering the same thing about the birthday button (wearing it when it's not actually her birthday). I kind of thought I'd leave it up to DD (since she's 16 and has DEFINITE ideas about everything) as to whether she wants to wear it just one day or all trip - or even wear it at all (although I think she'll like it).

Give me some advice - if you've celebrated a birthday in DW, has the honoree worn the badge on just the birthday or all trip long?

Thanks...:)

We were there on my husband's actual birthday but he wore his button during the entire trip. I don't think it matters if its your daughter's actual birthday or not. You are going to Disney to celebrate it. I think thats all that matters.:)

what if the reason for the trip is the birthday, but it's not near that time. The trip I'm going on for example is for my 18th birthday ( dec. 27) and first we were supposed to go during my birthday, then the week before, but now due to schedual conflicts, it has been moved all the way to may (I don't know how I'll be able to wait that long :( ). I was going to get the button when the trip was for dec., but even though the reason for the trip is my birthday, I feel bad about wearing it when it was so many months ago. What do you think?

I think yall should wear it!!
if people ask about it just say it's your birthday trip!!

I wanna go to wdw on my birthday SOOO bad btu I'm already in school by then! :( (my bday is August 28th!)

but I say definately get a button...I have no clue what I even wanna do for my 16th bday and I'm here at home! LOL! let alone what i would do at wdw!
and then ask if there is anywhere else she wants to eat

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter