ideas for anniversary meal

ljcrochet

DIS Veteran
Help me decide what DH and I and my 13 year old twin girls should do for our anniversary dinner. 3 of us are vegetarians ( well 2 eat fish/seafood at times)
Originally FIL was going to be with us so it was just DH and I. Right now we have citricos booked, but I'm not thrilled with the menu.

2017 Last year my FIL was with us. So he went with the girls to sugar factory while DH and I did a monorail crawl which was a lot of fun.
2016 Year before we were not at Disney but DH and I spent the night at a hotel on the water and went out to eat
2015 2 years ago: at the time we had 3 steak eaters so did dinner at Shula
2014 3 years ago DH and I did a cruise on the same ship we went on our honeymoon
2013 4 years ago Dh and I did V & A
2012 5 years ago DH and I did V & A

We went to both Citrico's and Narcoossee's in 2016. By reviews and recs from friends, we thought we'd like Narcoossee's so much more - in reality, it's a tie.

Here are some restaurants we've really enjoyed for food AND atmosphere:

1. California Grill - get an ADR and you can come back and watch fireworks from the restaurant later. My DH's favorite after V&A.
2. Tiffins - our new favorite in-park.
3. Flying Fish Cafe - you have the boardwalk area to walk around afterwards.

All have plenty of fish and veg options. I would put Citrico's and Narcoossee's in a tie for 5th below those 3. Enjoy and happy anniversary!

Last edited:
IMHO, Citrico's is ok. The food is fine, but I find the atmosphere to be a bit ho-hum. Have you considered Flying Fish? It was by far the best meal of our last trip and they have a lot of seafood options. Strolling the Boardwalk, renting a surrey bike and even watching the EP fireworks from the BWI bridge could be fun after the meal as well. If you aren't on the dining plan, I would also consider blue zoo at the Dolphin.

I also think FF and CG could be a good match and will throw out the Boathouse as an option as well.

Last edited:

We celebrated our anniversary at Narcoossee’s last year and at Jiko this past year. Both were wonderful. Narcoosee’s was special because of the fireworks and water pageant. Jiko was a lovely atmosphere, impeccable service, and by far our favorite food at Disney.

We’re going to try Flying Fish next trip, photos look beautiful and agree with others that the boardwalk and Epcot fireworks would be nice for afterwards.

Last edited:
California Grill seems to have a decent number of choices for vegetarians.
Otherwise, I don't really pay attention, you will need to look at menus to see where there are many good options.
For Seafood, Flying Fish is very good.
Agree that Jiko is very good, but not much for vegetarians.

I'm not a huge Citricos fan. Its never been bad, just doesn't seem to be at the level of some of the other signatures to me. If you're up for seafood we love Flying fish and Narcoossee's. The ladder has amazing shrimp and scallop dishes that are some of my favorite on property. If you go the vegetarian route Jiko and/or Sanaa always seem to have tremendous options.

We celebrated our honeymoon by eating at Narcoossee's and we both had a great meal and enjoyed the setting. I like the ambiance of the restaurant.

I've always enjoyed Blue Zoo, they excel in seafood both fresh and cooked. Morimoto's is a new favorite. Flying Fish has a great selection of seafood dishes as well. And one of my favorite resort restaurants is the Turf Club at SSR, they have a nice menu of both surf (scallops, salmon, crispy shrimp) and turf (lamb dishes, prime rib, pork). I enjoy the decor and atmosphere there. Also the Wave at the Contemporary, great bar, good food, seafood included, nice ambiance. Good luck with your decision.

Dw and I are also looking to celebrate our anniversary dinner on our next trip. Dinner is with kids

So I am stealing the ideas of this thread.

We are also considering the spirit of aloha show. But I guess that wouldn't be good for non- meat eaters.

For us it's not a park day, so we're are limiting to resort restaurants

Dw and I are also looking to celebrate our anniversary dinner on our next trip. Dinner is with kids

So I am stealing the ideas of this thread.

We are also considering the spirit of aloha show. But I guess that wouldn't be good for non- meat eaters.

For us it's not a park day, so we're are limiting to resort restaurants
If you haven't done Hoop Dee Doo Review, that is a really fun. Much better than the spirit of aloha.

Boma or Sanaa for great vegetarian options and a wide range of options for non-vegetarians. ....and Delicious!!

You might look into Capa at the Four Seasons. We had a marvelous meal there last trip and have booked it for our anniversary next month. It is a Spanish style steak house, but with a large tapas menu and I think there would be enough vegetarian and fish dishes to make a lovely meal. They worked with me on my food allergies and I'm sure they would be willing to modify anything to make it suitable for your dietary needs. It also has a nice balcony in the bar area where you can view the fireworks from MK, HS and EPCOT.

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/dining/four-seasons/capa/menus/

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter