Ideal age for Pirates League?

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
Of those of you who have done Pirates League, what's your thought on the ideal age for kiddos doing this?

I have 4 kids, and 3 of the 4 have done this. On our trip in a couple of weeks, my 9 & 5 yr old daughters will be doing the mermaid part. When my younger son was 3 they transformed him into Jake from Jake and the neverland pirates and it was hysterical. My oldest son was turned into capt. jack, he was 6 at the time and it was amazing!

Last edited:

The age at which someone wants to have makeup on all day. That would bother my kids (especially in the heat), but otherwise, I can't imagine there's an "age" that is best.

My son had it done at age 5 and at age 9. He liked it both times, but enjoyed the entire experience more at 5 years old.

My 7-year old objected to taking the Pirate Oath. "I don't want to be a bad guy!" But that's more personality than age. I did see a lot of kids of quite a range of ages act intimidated when they first walked into the boutique. Maybe the grand serious setting. But they were usually fine once they were in the chair. (Although some dug in their heels until their parents canceled the appointment.)

My kids LOVED it at 5 and 3. Now that they are 7 and 5, the older one is not so much into it. The 5 year old still is, but we're going to try the knight package at BBB for something different since we already did pirates.

My oldest daughter did it at 6 and 8. She loved it both times. She is sort of out of the BBB phase but is still ok with PL. We made a reservation for my 4 year old to do Pirates League with her sister last trip. The four year old refused to do it, but that is probably more her than her age. She hates face paint.

I can't remember their exact ages when they did it both times but they definitely enjoyed it more younger than they did older. On our last trip my youngest was newly 11 and he wouldn't even consider doing it again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter