I'd love to hear your positive, funny stories from your ABDs

OhanaCuz

I can finally say that I've been on an ABD.
I think it would be fun to share stories about funny/happy things that were unplanned that happened during your ABD. I've got one!

We were at Schloss Hof in Austria and had just finished the ballroom dancing (which I would have bailed on if I knew it was coming). I noticed there was a restroom there and wanted to use it. The door was locked so I waited by the door. Adventure Guide Birtie told me she would stay behind with me. I told her that wasn't necessary but she thought I wouldn't be able to find the group and she was right. After quite a while I knocked on the door again and there was no answer. At this point either this bathroom was not available to the public or the person inside had died. So Birtie finds me another restroom and by now we're really far behind.

She takes me down the steps into an underground area. I can't remember if it was a wine cellar, for storing meat, or whatever. The thing to understand is this place is huge! It was actually really interesting how cold it was considering it was the summertime outside. So she's walking rapidly trying to get us caught up but at the same time she's also trying to convey interesting facts that would have been described to me if I would have stayed with the group. We get all the way to the end and are about to leave when we get to a door that is locked! It had been so long since the group went through here that they already closed it off. No big deal so we turned around and got about 20% of the way back when we heard a click and the lights go off! If we would not have had our cell phones with us it would have been really bad because you could not see your hand in front of your face it was so dark. We stumble through the dark back to the original entrance to find that door was locked also. She started banging on the door and screaming in German to the people that were outside. Once we got out we had a good laugh and caught up with the rest of the group. I'm actually glad it happened because it was such an unusual, funny memory that I like looking back on!

We went on the Viva Italia trip a few years ago when our kids were 6 and 8. My son sleeps with a special stuffed lamb every night, it travels everywhere with us and is part of the family. One morning at our hotel in Rome the housekeeping staff unknowingly swooped the stuffed animal up with the sheets to be changed. We didn't realize it until we returned to the room with two very sleepy kids at 10 pm. Our guides were able to figure out that it was sent out with the laundry to a town about an hour away, and arranged for it to travel alone by taxi from the laundry facility to our hotel the next morning. Some new friends on the tour heard what happened the next day and made a big deal of my son being reunited with his stuffed animal when we got back to the hotel that night, it was adorable and a nice ending (save for one night of no sleep without his special friend!).

We went on the Viva Italia trip a few years ago when our kids were 6 and 8. My son sleeps with a special stuffed lamb every night, it travels everywhere with us and is part of the family. One morning at our hotel in Rome the housekeeping staff unknowingly swooped the stuffed animal up with the sheets to be changed. We didn't realize it until we returned to the room with two very sleepy kids at 10 pm. Our guides were able to figure out that it was sent out with the laundry to a town about an hour away, and arranged for it to travel alone by taxi from the laundry facility to our hotel the next morning. Some new friends on the tour heard what happened the next day and made a big deal of my son being reunited with his stuffed animal when we got back to the hotel that night, it was adorable and a nice ending (save for one night of no sleep without his special friend!).

That is unbelievable customer service!

One morning at our hotel in Rome the housekeeping staff unknowingly swooped the stuffed animal up with the sheets to be changed. We didn't realize it until we returned to the room with two very sleepy kids at 10 pm. Our guides were able to figure out that it was sent out with the laundry to a town about an hour away, and arranged for it to travel alone by taxi from the laundry facility to our hotel the next morning.

Wow! Great Disney magic story!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts