ID for drinks at Disney?

Technically, in FL, everyone from outside of the US is supposed to be asked for a passport as ID to get alcohol and they don't accept driver's license. But I've not been asked for ID in WDW since I was about 30. We haven't been anywhere in FL outside of WDW for many years so I don't know about stores or bars not on the grounds, but I suspect that if you look 35+ you probably won't be asked in WDW for ID.

That is the one place my husband was ever asked for ID at Disney or Universal (he was 35 and it was our first trip)

I've never been asked for ID at Epcot. In my 50's now but was going there in my early 40's. Thought never even crossed my mind.

I have been id'd a couple of times at grocery stores down there by the 16yo cashiers (always the really young ones who do this), but I figure that is a store thing where they ID everybody who buys beer/wine.
LOL...I got ID’d at the Jays game two weeks ago. I think though it was because my, freshly turned 19, DD was ordering the beer. She had to produce her license and Rogers policy is that they ID everyone....which BTW they don’t.

Every time I’ve ordered a drink at Disney and Universal I’ve been carded. Ugh. My Manitoba driver’s has always been good enough for the servers though.

We went in April and my wife was carded in Epcot (America pavilion), and was turned away because she only had her drivers license (Ontario).
There are signs some places in Disney about what I.D. is acceptable, and for Canadians you need your actual passport, or a picture / photo copy to accompany your drivers license.

My experience is that only Disney requires a passport as ID. Other places in Florida are just fine with
a driver's license as ID.

They're SUPPOSED to ask for ID every time - I was denied a drink at the Animal Kingdom Lodge pool bar in my 30's with my Ontario drivers license (which BTW has WAY more security features than most US drivers licenses). I hate carrying my passport, but if I'm going to really want/need a drink I have it now.

We attended the HDDR a few years back, my DH brought ID, I did not. They refused to serve me alcohol (I was probably 40 at the time) so I drank from my DH’s drinks. So now I always bring my ID (I suspect drivers license or nexus would be fine) just in case.

We were in line atthe Germany Kiosk and the couple in feont of us were from Canada and had thr copies of their passport, but the CM told them that they werent allowed tonaccept copies any longer - had to be the physical passport? this was over thanksgiving of 2017.

If you plan on having a drink at AMC Disney Springs Theatre on the regular movies side or in the Dine-In Theatres side, you MUST have your passport with you no matter how old you are. They will remind you that they are not a Disney company and have their own policies. They felt so bad for me last year that they told me to grab a traveller drink at Splitsville and "sneak" it into the movie. :confused3
In Ft Lauderdale I got carded in a Liquor store. I was in early 50’s. Though my daughters would die laughing.
About 3 yrs ago my oldest daughter was refused a drink at a restaurant because she didn’t have her passport with her at the Ale House. I think the rules changed not too long ago, they don’t accept any out of country ID except Passport. Silly.

Quick update as I was at Epcot today. Got a frozen Kirin and a Warsteiner and was not asked for ID either time.

Would they accept the Nexus card? It's easier to carry than the full passport.

The posted Disney rules are that they will accept a Nexus card on its own as ID. Drivers licence is not acceptable on its own, you need a copy of your passport with it as well. You can either have a photocopy of it or a photo of it on your phone, but you need your licence as well or the physical passport on its own. It is very risky to carry your passport in the parks and I would never do it myself if it can be avoided.

I was asked for ID on two different trips to the Epcot F&W and I was 41 and 42. Once for a Food seminar which had a glass of wine included, and once for a Wine seminar. I had my original Canadian passport ready both times, as advised on other posts. I'm 5'2" height and think that has something to do with it in my case.

On one of our trips we had my sister along. At the time she was in her mid-40s. On our first night she was asked for ID at BoG, the second night we ate at Boma and nobody was asked for ID. Taking a jab at her, I wondered why she didn't need to show her ID this time. Her response was swift, "Better lighting in here!"

I wasn't asked for ID when I was in Epcot in November 2015 or March 2017. Via Napoli and Belgian stand. Ordered a glass of wine with lunch, and a beer sampler flight. I did have my passport in my bag. Never was asked to show it. I have been carded recently here at home though! I'm 40.

I see the new Rivers of Light Dessert Party has this posted at their drink table:

85BEDBBC-642D-41D0-A8C0-BB719DA0BEC5.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!