ID Checking at Pleasure Island?

McMickey

Earning My Ears
Can someone explain exactly *how* they check ID's at PI? I heard about the signature verification. Do they also swipe the IDs or just look at them? How hard do they check?

Any experiences with this?

Thanks!

I don't know exactly "how" they check ids but the last time I was there a woman in front of me who was obviously well over 21 showed them her expired driver's license and they gave her the under 21 wristband. I don't know if that was an isolated incident or if they really are that strict about it.

Just got back from my Disney trip.... They just look at your ID and make sure it is you.... thats it.... went there last Friday night.

I didn't have a hard time. I am 26 but look 18.

Also, the wristband is for 21 and up...::MinnieMo

I'm 31 and I look like a teenager too. They check ID if you look under 25. If the picture doesn't resemble you, they ask for another piece of ID.

From my experience, they were strict. They were checking ID's at the entrance and it was in the evening. A future bride was there for her bachelorette party and was turned away b/c her driver's license was expired.

Make sure you pay attention to how they mark you. The girl who checked my Id obviously couldn't do math. She gave me an under 21 tag even though I was 28 at the time and did not have an expired license. And I certainly looked the same as my picture since it was only a year or so old. I also look my age. :crazy:

But I didn't notice the sticker until after we went inside. Since all I wanted was ice cream it didn't much matter to me, but if I'd wanted a drink it would have caused a problem.

Rachael

They are very strict about it. I was there last May with my 21 yr DS. He had his drivers license and he looks like the picture but he looks very, very young and we had to argue with the CM to get him the right band. He also had to show his college photo ID and his credit card and I offered to swear that I was there when he was born ;) She obviously didn't like to do it but she ended up giving him the over 21 wrist band.

I've never had a problem, and I look rather young. Just looked at the picture, looked at me, looked at the picture, looked back at me, and said "have a great time, here's your wrist band."

Just remember, if they DO give you a problem, they are only doing their jobs. If they make a mistake and let an under 21 person in with an "okay to drink" wrist band and get caught by the cops, the CM not only gets fined, Disney gets fined, and the CM gets fired. They'd rather make the odd guest unhappy than risk thousands in fines and an unemployed CM.

Go with an i.d., and if you don't look like your photo, bring some back up or get a new i.d. with an updated picture. Have fun!!!

They mentioned to me my license was ABOUT to expire (in 4 months) which I thought was weird, but whatever, I was already aware of that. I also look VERY young (i look about 17 but i'm 24), but I haven't had problems getting in since I turned 21. Just make sure you have atleast 2 forms of ID. I didn't need another form, but you never know.

tricia.

I forgot my ID when I went after the marathon in Jan. They gave me a hard time but did give me an over 21 wrist band. Perhaps it was the race number (to get in free) or the medal or the fact that I am 33 (but I look younger!). At 24 you will definitely need it.

Be aware that not only can the CM at the entrance be strict, but so can the bartenders and club managers. Years ago, the first time I went to the Rock 'n' Roll Beach Club, the bartender chose to ignore the wrist band and asked me for my ID.

Granted, I looked pretty darn young at that time so it came as no surprise. It'd happened on other occasions. She glanced at the wrist band, asked for ID and still refused to serve me. I tried to make a light joke and assured her I was of the appropriate age (I was 25 at the time). She wouldn't budge and was pretty obstinate.

So I then pulled out my company ID which showed I was a department director, a handful of my business cards, my gold AmEx card and my company gold AmEx card. I wasn't making a scene, I was still trying to make what she had turned into a tense moment a bit lighter. She STILL refused!! :rolleyes:

So I asked her to get her manager who then looked at absolutely everything I held out and then gave me the stupid beer I had initially ordered. Very reluctantly too I might add.

Nevertheless, I understand their reluctance to serve anyone who might have fake ID. In fact, I appreciate it and their efforts to make PI a safe and fun place to have a good time. It was just a little embarrassing at the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter