Ice Cream Social?

pewing

2Prince/1PrincessMom
Anyone have comments on the ICS at the Garden Grille? I am thinking it might be a good afternoon break for my 2 DS and their tired mom and dad ;) when we are spending our day at Epcot. Anyone?

Hi!

My family absolutely loved the Ice Cream Social. On our first trip this past February, that was the first "character meal" that we did. We did it on a Saturday and it wasn't busy at all. We had such good interaction that it was hard to live down the rest of the trip. For instance, when my DH took my ds to the restroom during the meal, Chip came by. Previously, my dh and Chip had sent sign language LOSER signs (you know L's on your forehead) back and forth. So now Chip turns his chair over, piles the paper towels all over it, rips off a piece of paper towel and writes "One Big Loser Sits Here" and puts it on his ice cream cone! I did get it all on video! It was a riot! Mickey, the waitress and Dale all helped. When my DH came back, they came around the corner all laughing at him! It was very, very nice!

That's all my kids talked about the rest of the trip!

My opinion is DO IT! If nothing, you get off your feet and eat some great ice cream!

Good Luck!
Karen

Sounds great. I thought...ice cream (my 6 year old's favorite food group)...characters...sitting down...and really a good $$ :D I think I will plan it and keep it a 'surprise' from my kids ;) Disney Magic...can't wait :) :)

We just did this and really enjoyed it too, as 2 adults. The ice cream is great - pre-plated but still really good. The characters are really funny. Pluto was sticking straws in Chip's ears and Dale was eating crayons. This was actually made even more funny by the fact that they weren't even at a guest's table, they were at their own little table like 4 tables down from us and we were watching from a distance. They're never out of character. They were very entertaining.

The cost was reasonable. I couldn't even finish mine it was so much. Chocolate-dipped Waffle cones are perched on a chocolate chip cookie so it's like the cookie and cone make a sundae dish. Then it's filled with vanilla ice cream and covered with sprinkles and has a chocolate-filled cookie straw in it with some chocolate wafer pieces and gummy worms on the side. It was really filling and tasty.

Thanks for the info. My DW and I have a PS for this in a couple of weeks. I can't wait now!

He all...could you let me know the cost of the ice cream social and do you need priority seatings for it or is it a walk in.....sounds like fun for two adults.....sounds like even more for the kids but we seem to refuse to grow up...that's why we insist on going to WDW two...sometimes three times a year!
32 days to the Magic....
Thanks...
Tom

I want to know about whether you need PS as well! It sounds perfect for one adult, who loves ice cream and Disney! Tell me more...!

Cheryl :Pinkbounc

Yes, you need a PS for the Ice Cream Social. I think it's $7 per person, but I may be off. This includes (I am told) the ice cream only, no beverage. You can get beverages, but that's additional $.

My DW and I tried this before, but found getting PS was hard. We are going during value season (Nov.), but still called ahead and booked it (60 days in advance). We've missed it on several trips, but NOT THIS ONE! :)

Okay, we did it in May and thought it was horrible. Yes, you can sit down and see the characters, but for $7.00 for a scoop of ice cream, it wasn't worth it. Also, since they do serve lunch at that time, you sit there watching all the food go by you. I expected at least a sundae with some hot fudge on it, but it was just a scoop of vanilla ice cream. We love Garden Grill and would rather have just paid the extra for lunch and gotten dessert included in the price.

pnelson - wow - I don't know why you got so little. We got at least 3 scoops in a chocolate dipped waffle cone with sprinkles, on a big soft chocolate chip cookie with a chocolate-filled straw, big solid chocolate wafers and 2 gummy worms. It was so big I couldn't finish it.

We ate an early lunch that day, and since they don't do the social until 3pm, there weren't very many lunchers in there when we went.

We used a PS, but on the Tuesday afternoon when we went last week, we wouldn't have needed it. They have 3 seatings I believe, at 3pm, 3:10, and 3:20.

My experience was the same as PNelson's. I would never spend that much money for a scoop of ice cream, and really poor character interaction. We really didn't enjoy ourselves and it was quite expensive (well over 40 with tax and tip for 4 people). If you are going I hope you enjoy it more than we did!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter