Ice Cream Social a "no go" - ANY ALTERNATIVES??

blondeqtip

Mouseketeer
Called this morning to do a PS for the Ice Cream Social @ the Garden Grill in Epcot and was told it would be closed for a week (of course during the time that we are there). :sad1:

Anyone know of any alternatives to the Ice Cream Social so that the kids can have some interaction with characters? We really don't want to do the big character breakfasts, so the Ice Cream Social was ideal.

Is there anything similar to it anywhere else???

How about the Campfire Program at Fort Wilderness? It's held every night at 7pm. It starts with a sing-along around a big campfire with Chip & Dale, where you can roast marshmallows. Then, they show a full-length Disney movie on the outdoor screen! There is a snack bar, called the Chuck Wagon where you can get ice cream, nachos, hot dogs, popcorn, etc. It's a lot of fun - and best of all, it's free! ::yes::

Thank you, Rhonda! I have never heard or read about that anywhere. I'm going to go do some digging and internet searching for that right now. Sounds like a blast, especially with 3 nephews. They'd really like that. :sunny:

Ok, Rhonda...how do I find out any information on the Campfire Program at Fort Wilderness that you mentioned? Tried looking at allearsnet.com and the DIS; also did a general web search and can't find anything. (I tend to frustrate easily with the internet.)

Can you help me again? Direct me to a website, or do I need to call Ft. Wilderness and ask them about it?

We are going January 1 - 5, so not sure if that would be too cold at that time for them to hold something like that? Would it?

Thank you for your help.

Okay, I just called Ft. Wilderness and got the scoop on the campfire.
It is the Chip N Dale Campfire Sing-A- Long. It is held behind the Meadows Trading Post and starts at 8 pm each night. After the singing ends, the movie starts.
Sounds like something my children would love. I will definitely be doing this on our December trip. ::MinnieMo

This link will take you to a site with all sorts of information about Fort Wilderness. Scroll down, and you'll find specific info on the campfire program. We went in December and really enjoyed it.

http://fly.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/faq_fw.htm

Have fun!

Pat

18 days and counting . . . again!

Thank you, Rhonda, Paxtrist and inky dinky doo!! Now I don't feel so bad for missing out on the Ice Cream Social. Actually, this sounds even better. :hyper:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter