Ice at Gaylord Palms

MarBee

DIS Veteran
Hello!
I am debating about doing a stay at Gaylord Palms in November/December to check out Ice. Has anyone ever done it? Is it worth it? If given the choice between Ice or MVMCP, which would you choose?
Any and all input about Ice or GP is welcome and appreciated!

I’ve gone to ICE at Gaylord Texan several times & would certainly choose MVMCP instead. It’s fun to see once, but it’s so darn cold even with the coats they provide! We enjoy 1 or 2 rooms & then just rush through the rest. There are other fun activities that the kids enjoy more - - gingerbread house decorating, escape room, scavenger hunt, snow hill, to name a few. You could just go enjoy walking around GP for a few hours & do some of the other activities if you’re so inclined.

I’ve gone to ICE at Gaylord Texan several times & would certainly choose MVMCP instead. It’s fun to see once, but it’s so darn cold even with the coats they provide! We enjoy 1 or 2 rooms & then just rush through the rest. There are other fun activities that the kids enjoy more - - gingerbread house decorating, escape room, scavenger hunt, snow hill, to name a few. You could just go enjoy walking around GP for a few hours & do some of the other activities if you’re so inclined.
Thank you! Please do not take this the wrong way because I don’t intend for this to come off as offensive in any way...when you say that it’s freezing, do you mean that it’s freezing for a Texan? Or is it freezing for everyone, including the far northerners?
We have a pretty high cold tolerance in the winter given our geography; however, one of the reasons we love traveling to Florida in the winter is to enjoy the sun and warmth. Just wondering if it will be kind of a downer if it is super freezing...

I've seen ICE at Gaylord National Harbor in the suburbs of Washington D.C. several times, and while it's fun, I wouldn't travel far to go see it. My family is able to see the actual Ice exhibit in about 30 minutes if there's no crowds, the other activities that they have (ice slide, ice skating, gingerbread house) aren't all that exciting. As for cold, I'm used to cold and feel the heavy coats are adequate to keep you warm. If I had to choose, I would go with MVMCP over ICE, it's just way more magical and has so much more to do.

Ice was cold for Canadians. We enjoyed it but it isn’t like comparing apples to apples with MVMCP. I did get reduced tickets on groupon. We had brunch at the Gaylord and really enjoyed it.

We went to ICE in Nashville a couple years ago. I doubt if we'd spend the money to go again. We found it overpriced and more crowded than any Disney event we've attended. Side note, we LOVED Nashville and can't wait to go back!!!

No offense taken ! It is 9 degrees to keep the ice frozen, of course! We’ve always worn gloves, scarves, boots,& coats underneath the heavy coat they give you. But we’re still cold! Especially our noses!

Done both multiple times. There is no comparing the two. Cost, time involved and experience vary greatly. We’ve always done ICE as an add on to a trip for a down day. I would never make a trip to see it. Just depends on your trips purpose.

I am a Canadian who seldom minds the cold of winter. ICE! is very, very cold. We had long pants, and light sweaters under the parkas and still shivered after a few minutes. Really needed mittens. Not gloves, but good thick mitts. It was a neat thing to see, and we toured the public areas of the resort as well.
We enjoyed our evening, spending about three hours overall and thought the price was fair. However, it in no way compares to MVMCP.

We've done ICE at the Gaylord National in Maryland. It's definitely worth seeing. Yes, it is cold: 9 degrees Fahrenheit. They give you a parka or you can wear your own. You'll want gloves and a hat. And be careful taking pictures with your phone as it may freeze. Mine did midway through so we switched to using my wife's (which had been in her pocket).

If you've never been to Gaylord Palms, just visiting the hotel is worth a trip even without ICE. You can easily spend an hour or two exploring, longer if you have a meal while you're there. We actually just visited the Gaylord Texan a couple of weeks ago and spent about 3 hours there including lunch. Keep in mind you don't need to be staying at the Gaylord to go to ICE.

I've never done MVMCP so I can't compare the experiences but I would think they are entirely different things so you're really comparing apples to oranges.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!