Iam putting my beloved sheltie to rest today

snomofinn

Queen of MY castle
This is one of the hardest things I've ever done. She's been with us for 12 years and her health has failed beyond help. She's definitely been one of the family. Please pray for me that I have enough strength to do this, and for my family. Thank you.

I am so sorry. I know how hard this is. :hug:
Will they let you be with her when they do it? My sweet cat had the kitty form of Lupus. After treating her for many years with prednisone, the vet wanted to try chemo. I just couldn't do that to her, so we made the same decision. But, I decided that I couldn't stand to watch it happen. That was really the wrong decision. I've regreted not being there with her for years now. So, I would suggest being there with her if you can. I know it will be terribly hard. Again, I am so sorry for you and your family. :grouphug:

I'm sorry. I know how hard it is. I've lost 5 of my dogs, having to put 3 of them to sleep and staying with them till the end. It's the hardest part of pet ownership. Sending good thoughts and prayers your way that things go well and you can derive comfort from the fact she had a wonderful life with you and is no longer suffering. :hug:

Thank you, I just came back from the vet, my DD and I were with her till the end, it was hard, but very peaceful for her. Thank you for your thoughts.:sad1:

Thank you for all your hugs.... It's so hard without her, I keep thinking I hear her walking across the kitchen floor..weird I know..My oldest DD20 was the closes to her and is having a difficult time, hopefully in time she'll feel better...Thanks again

Awww, I'm so sorry to hear of your sad news. You did the right thing though by putting your fur baby out of pain. She will be waiting for you at the Rainbow bridge. :angel: We lost our collie-mix last year after almost 16 years of total love and devotion. We now have two Sheltie pups and they bring us so much joy!

Maybe another Sheltie will enter your lives someday soon. They are such wonderful dogs.

Hugs and prayers to you and your family during this difficult time. :grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter