I will not whine!!

Pam

DIS Veteran
..... about anything regarding Christmas after reading the email I just received from one of my DD's friends brother.....

Brian is not quite 21 and is stationed in Iraq in the town of Fallujah, which is quite the hotspot for trouble over there.

We have been emailing back and forth and I asked him what I could send him. He said nothing - just some cards and letters and some pics of my DD and her over the age of 18 friends!! ;) (She's a senior in HS and he always considered her his little sister!!)

This young man emailed the local newspaper to thank them for supporting the troops. He has not once complained about being in the thick of things, of missing home and loved ones, of being away for the holidays.

All he asked for was to have some cards and letters mailed to him.

Pretty remarkable, huh??

It sounds like this young man has a great attitude. :) It does make you think twice about whineing too much about your own problems doesn't it?

Pam~If you PM me and send me his address, I too will send letters. Granted I am a 36 yo married women with two little kids, and not an 18+yo, but hey, sometimes any letter is a good letter!! hehehehe:p

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter