I went yesterday (2/28)

homey2

Earning My Ears
My friend and I live in Los Angeles so it was just a quick 20 minute drive down 1-5 south to Disneyland. This is the first time that we've been since Downtown Disney and DCA have opened and we were very impressed with how everything looked. The atmosphere is so much better now that all that construction is gone. DCA has never really excited us enough to go, but after seeing it we decided we should at least check it out in the future.

The weather was about as bad as you can have in southern California. It was raining and very cold but we had the time of our lives. I will always sacrifice weather for crowds and the crowds were non-existent. Our longest wait of the day was about 7 minutes for Alice in Wonderland. Everything else we just walked right on. In the first hour we were there we did Space Mountain twice, Indiana Jones, Haunted Mansion, and Splash Mountain. I've never seen the park this empty and we often felt like we were the only ones there. I will take cold and rainy with no crowds over nice weather with bigger crowds any day.

The only bad thing was that two of my favorite rides, Peter Pan and Pirates, were closed for refurbishment. Rocket Rods was also closed but we've never liked that ride anyway. However we knew these rides were closed before we went so it wasn't like it was a big letdown. Plus since we live in the area we go about twice a year so I've done those rides to death.

My favorite moment of the day was when my friend and I were drinking a cafe latte and sitting by New Orleans square. All of the sudden the sun came out and it was one of those beautiful Disney moments where you feel so lucky to be where you are. The rain stopped in the afternoon and we saw some of the coolest cloud formations that we've ever seen.

Overall it was a perfect day at Disneyland. We got to go on Space Mountain over ten times and at the end of the day we had done everything more than once and were exhausted and ready to go home. We got so spoiled by the small crowds that I don't think we can every go back during a peak time. I guess that's one of the advantages of living in Los Angeles. We can go back whenever we want to!

What a great day! I will sacrifice weather for lack of crowds too, as long as it clears up in time for me to see Fantasmic! I just love those Disney moments when you are just relaxing and enjoying being their for that one moment. Thanks for sharing!

Lucky you! I have been dying to get back to Disneyland--went last year and of course I am going through Disneyland withdrawal. I'm so eager to see the new CA Experience too, but when I saw that Pirates & Peter Pan are down right now for refurbishment, I'd rather wait....those are my favs, too. Glad you had a great time! :cool:

I would take any weather if the crowds are down. Sounds like a fun day. Thanks for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter