I Went Running and Racing...and Boozing and Freezing!

<------------------------------- Guess who's finally here and caught up on your TR? Me!!!! I just wasted about 1/2 my day to read from the beginning.
YAY!!!!! So glad you were able to catch up....and now I'm about to post another update LOL

I want to be there for New Year's now and do one of those special parties. And I also want to do the Highway in the Sky even though I probably wouldn't eat half the food. Both things looked like so much fun!
Yes. Definitely two of our more expensive decisions, but both well worth it and so incredibly much fun!!!

While it kind of sucked being that far in the back of the pack, I did have the pleasure of seeing the sun come up as I ran through Epcot.
THAT makes it all worth it!!!

YAY!!!!! So glad you were able to catch up....and now I'm about to post another update LOL

That's OK because I should be able to keep up for at least a little bit now. Things are slow in the summer for me at work, they'll start picking up again towards the end of August. Besides if you can keep up on all three of my threads I better be able to keep up with one of yours. :rotfl:

OMG! I miss running Disney so much! That 5K was so fun, I absolutely love the time in WS in the dark, it's so magical! Of course, it also totally goes by too fast. It's wonderful how happy you look in all your photos!!

By 3:46 a.m. I was up and dressed with an extra layer of leggings and long sleeved black shirt to add to my planned Baymax costume!
Very cute!

I had said I was “just doing the 5 and 10K.” Snow White (what IS it with Snow White on this trip!?) told me, “Don’t say JUST! Your run, is YOUR run. Own it! In fact, you could totally do Dopey.” She gave me just the boost of confidence I needed to start this race on the right foot. I was so thankful to have met her!
That's so nice! It seems the RunDisney people are some of the best! And you should totally train for Dopey next year!

One of them yelled, It’s Vacation Genie!!! I was elated that I had stopped to get in line!! When I had started reading people’s runDisney TRs, he was one of the characters I really hoped I’d get the chance to meet. I probably waited about 5 minutes in line.
Woohoo! That is a pretty awesome character to meet!

After taking my picture, I headed toward the meet up spot where they have signs up for last name. Rob and I had planned to meet there after the race. I’m looking and looking for him by L…..finally find him at letter C. Our last name is Lagoni. #smh
Hahaha! Some guys...

Fell a little behind but I am all caught up now! It was so fun to read about your race! Makes me think about doing one someday!

Chatting with other runners while in these lines would be some of the best memories I made during the weekend. There was a box of Dunkin Donuts munchkins being passed through the line. Donut people are my kind of people!

I've been lurking on your trip report for a while mostly because I love a good runDisney TR but also because of your awesome reviews of your New Year's party and the Highway in the Sky dining experience! I seriously lol'd and had to comment when I saw you mention the donuts- that was me!

42954117032_68747499a6_c.jpg

Like you, I'm a donut person too! :rotfl2:

Anyways- really enjoying your trip report- can't wait to hear more!

So I have just returned from a somewhat epic road trip and of course fallen behind everywhere, including here. It was amazing to spend a week at the beach followed by surprinsing my son with Universal and Legoland...but the best part of all was ending up at Disney World for two glorious surprise days to finish out the second week!!

Happy to report I am back with an update!!

Thanks for hanging in there!! :)

The high was just incredible after this race. I literally felt like I had accomplished something amazing or run a marathon, not just an ordinary finished-the-5K feeling. We stopped back at Pop, grabbed some breakfast, then headed back to our room to shower and change. Despite my initial plan to maybe take a nap before heading out, we were back on a bus to DHS at 9:13. I was proudly wearing my medal and soaking in the congratulations of CMs, Security and people on our way. When we got through bag check, I even got to walk the red carpet and get interviewed about my race experience, which was a lot of fun! Of course, since I didn’t specifically direct him to, Rob didn’t take a picture of this, so you’ll just have to take my word for it!

As we entered the park, I saw Donald and Daisy were out together again! I was very excited to hop in line and try this again! They left to go on break and I thought, Lord help me, two ducks better come back from this break! It seemed they were gone forever, but then, I saw this adorableness headed my way!
20180104_084754 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Daisy was in love with Rob. That’s ok, Daisy, I am, too.
20180104_085132 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Donald made everyone cheer for me and said, I was #1!
wdw2018004904807001_407699099339 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Following our meet, we started to walk down the street and saw GUS! I wish I’d gotten a better picture, but I was yelling and pointing him out to Rob who was looking around like, “Who’s Gus?” Ugh. This guy, seriously.
20180104_085214 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

On this day, I made sure to take lots of pictures of everything that said Disney’s Hollywood Studios, just in case there would be any name changes before the next time we get back to WDW!
20180104_093840 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I definitely wanted to meet Pluto today because I needed pics of him with me and my medal! He was so cute acting like he was running with me and clapping his paws. I think he didn’t realize I was already holding out my medal in one of the pics we took together because we had an awkward exchange at the end of the meet. I kept saying Bye, Pluto and he kept waving me back and pointing at my medal. I literally had no idea what he was trying to say, so we just took another pic before heading on our way LOL
20180104_112603 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180104_094632 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Another DHS pic…just in case!
20180107_191457 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We rode RnRc (I didn’t lose my medal! Or my phone, this trip, so that’s a win-win!) before heading toward the Tune-in Lounge around 10:40 a.m. It wasn’t open yet, so Rob suggested (and I almost fell over!!!) we go meet Olaf. #1 I couldn’t believe he even remembered Olaf met nearby. #2 I was completely shocked that he would suggest anything, let alone a character meet. Clearly I am rubbing off on him!
We waited just a few minutes before heading inside. I told Olaf, we really needed a warm hug on this chilly day!! But, at least the sun was shining!
wdw2018004904848931_8154002590 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr wdw2018004904936743_407705026616 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr wdw2018004904936930_407705027012 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

After meeting Olaf, it was just about 11:00, so we walked back to the Tune-in Lounge. There were a few people at the bar top but an entirely empty waiting area for 50’s Primetime Café. I knew Ariana and Jim had an early lunch reservation, so I expected we’d bump into them. They were already seated and ordering, if I remember correctly.
20180104_100528 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180104_100535 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I ordered my post-race beverage of choice and posted this pic on Facebook captioned: “If I didn’t post a pic of a Miller Lite with my medal, did I even run a race?”
20180104_100329 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The bartender was from Wisconsin, and we chatted with him about the cold weather, and how different it feels in Florida compared to the Midwest, even when we are so used to winter cold! We ordered a second round, and he asked if I was “carb loading” for tomorrow’s race. LOL!
20180104_104840 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Jim and Ariana had just finished up their meal by destroying a piece of chocolate cake about this time, so we did get to chat with them for a few minutes before they headed out into the park. It was time for our reservation now, and we were given an assignment—Come up with 20 Disney movie titles that are only one word. This was a fun challenge for us! We got 20—the table next to us came up with 23!
20180104_113238 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180104_122455 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I was totally starving by the time our food came, so sorry, you won’t get to see a picture of the pot roast or PBJ shake I demolished. They were delicious.

After lunch, we met up with Jim and Ariana for our FP on ToT. This ride isn’t Rob’s favorite, but he braved it again! We had an amazing ride!! Ariana and I both remarked on how it was a good call to remove our medals before riding or we may have knocked some teeth out LOL
wdw2018004905166447_8154282734 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180104_132156 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

One last pic of the DHS sign before grabbing a bus to Epcot at 2:43 p.m. I had planned for a possible hotel break here if we didn’t take a nap this morning….please remember these famous last words, “I don’t need a break!”
20180104_134337 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We headed straight to meet Baymax. I had hoped to meet him still dressed in my race costume, but it was just too cold to wear that all day, so wearing just the ears would have to do! The line looked short, but moved incredibly slow. We ended up waiting almost 30 minutes, but it was so worth it. And Rob, the anti-picture man, got the pic the PP lady missed!! I walked up to hug Baymax’s squishy self and he put his big fluffy arms around me, too. You can see in the pic my toes are off the ground—he almost knocked me backwards!
20180104_150235 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

He liked checking out my ears, too. It was just such a sweet, squishy way to start our evening at Epcot. And, of course, I got my fist bump before walking away—ba, la, la, la!
wdw2018004905341524_407722338871 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We literally did nothing else while at Epcot. Waiting in that line had sucked all the energy out of me and I felt myself wilting. That combined with the way-too-early wake up had officially done me in, so about 4:00 we headed out of the park and back to the hotel. I laid out Flat Jackie and set the alarm for another early morning wake up! While changing into sweats and bending to grab something near the sink/counter, I whacked my forehead on the counter and decided I was done for the day.
20180104_154805 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180104_155242 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Rob went to the food court to get something for his dinner, while I ate the chips, cheese and Ghirardelli chocolate from my runDisney snack box with a Coke (#DinnerofChampions) before putting my feet up and falling asleep at 7 p.m.
20180104_080449 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

So I have just returned from a somewhat epic road trip and of course fallen behind everywhere, including here. It was amazing to spend a week at the beach followed by surprinsing my son with Universal and Legoland...but the best part of all was ending up at Disney World for two glorious surprise days to finish out the second week!!
It was an epic road trip!!!!

but then, I saw this adorableness headed my way!
20180104_084754 by Jackie La
What a gentleman Donald is!

so sweet..

I walked up to hug Baymax’s squishy self and he put his big fluffy arms around me, too. You can see in the pic my toes are off the ground—he almost knocked me backwards!
Too funny! BayMax is a long wait for a character that doesn't talk! What is up with that?!!? Glad you got to meet him, though!

Friday, January 5th

At 3:55 a.m. Buzz Jackie Lightyear was up and at ‘em! Those black leggings and long sleeve shirt came to my rescue again, as I knew I’d be freezing without them this morning. The Buzz gloves I borrowed from my classroom Dress Up center were the best accessory I could have packed! They kept my hands warm while we were waiting around before the race, and doubled as Rob’s hand warmers while I was off and running.

The buses were running smoothly again this morning with barely a wait at all before we were on board and headed back to Epcot. We were through bag check and in the waiting area quickly. I figured I would just head to my corral right away. I was feeling pretty nervous about this race, and wanted to just get in place…but not before taking this most amazing “Before” picture. The PP photographer said my bib had to be visible, but I didn’t want to fully un-layer yet LOL

**Technology has eaten some of my pictures :( I'll post those if I find them!!**

It was a long, lonely wait in Corral D. There was a nice man and his younger daughter waiting near me and a family with two full grown children all running together. We all had our mylar blankets out and were standing near one another for warmth, but I didn’t make any line friends this morning like I had for the 5K.

I remember my toes starting to get cold and thinking, I should’ve just lied about my pace for this race and left it the same as my 5K pace. That would have put me in Corral C again. I really felt like I waited forever for my corral to move forward at all.

They were making repeated announcements cautioning people about having their mylar blankets too close to the start line. We were encouraged to dump them over the fences before heading down the chute toward the start. For the 5K, I had ditched my extra shirt too soon. Today, I was better prepared with how much time I would have from the start line to actually do that, so I kept my extra layer on awhile longer.
20180105_044424 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I thought people left a lot of clothing and blankets behind for the 5K, but I hadn’t seen anything compared to today! In fact, a lot of people were running and/or walking the 5K holding onto a lot of extra layers, too. For the 10K, there were actually volunteers there sorting and bagging clothes, mylar blankets and regular blankets as quickly as people were dumping them over the fences. I did feel better knowing that all of these would be laundered and donated.
20180105_044550 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

At 5:45, I was still crawling forward slowly toward the start line. I was feeling super nervous and also really guilty that Rob was standing around in this cold spectating for the race. (In my defense, I DID tell him he didn’t have to come out for this one since I didn’t know how long it would take me. He chose to come anyway!) I was still wishing I’d fudged my time because the difference in wait felt SO long!!
20180105_044950 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

At 5:52, the wave run cut off right in front of me. The emcee on the stage yelled to raise your hand it if it’s your first 10K. I waved my arms and he pointed at me and said, “PR for you today!!” I was glad to have the boost of confidence because I was feeling anxious about the distance of this run. I run 5Ks all the time, but hadn’t trained at all for this double distance and wasn’t sure how things would go.
20180105_045235 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

At 5:59, I was finally running out of the parking lot booths and feeling fantastic! My fingers were cold, but otherwise I felt great and hit my stride right away.
20180105_045942 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

There were lots of cones end to end so you weren’t able to duck around them to go around the pokey people who had already started walking. I skipped the first character meet, which was Pocahontas and Meeko. In the back of my mind, I didn’t want to regret skipping any exciting characters, but I also wasn’t sure how the back half of the race would go for me, and I was nervous about being swept by balloon ladies.
20180105_050320 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We ran down and back up a highway ramp. At 6:21 I stopped for Flik and Atta from A Bug’s Life. The line was a little long, but I always seem to miss Flik at AK and it felt like a good first stop for me. There was a group of girls behind me with different colored flowers pinned on them or in their hair. They were talking about the meanings behind which color flowers they had. They were really nice to chat with while we waited.
20180105_050705 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I couldn’t seem to stop myself from hopping in for my turn and still saying ‘Hi’ and hugging characters. People don’t do that during races. You just pop in and pop out for your pic and keep moving. #SuchaRookie
20180105_052107 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

While I’d been waiting, the CM keeping our line straight mentioned he was in charge of this character stop and the next one. He gestured and mentioned a half mile down the ride, on the other side of the RV we could see would be the Old Hag from Snow White. I was super excited for the chance to meet her, so I took off.

I remember passing groups of Port-o-Potties with lines of people waiting already and I was thinking, “we literally JUST started.” I was totally unprepared for seeing SO many people (guys) running out along the tree line instead of waiting in the lines.

I hopped into the next character line I came to, knowing it was the hag even though I couldn’t see the front of the line or even the character spot at all. After waiting a few minutes, it felt like the line hadn’t moved at all. Again, still feeling anxious, I thought I’d better not stand around too long. I ended up getting out of line and just snapping a pic of her on my way by.
20180105_053227 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I skipped some stilt walkers and Parade buses while running down the highway before entering backstage again. As the sun was coming up, I saw this really cool Spaceship Earth-like sculpture and a boat from Frozen Ever After. Not sure that counts as on-course entertainment, but I certainly was excited to see it LOL
20180105_053836 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180105_054444 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180105_054638 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180105_054714 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We made our way back into World Showcase and it was just as beautiful as it had been yesterday…only today it was lighter out by the time I got there. I skipped the Vikings again, but did decide to stop in France for another character I always tended to miss when she would meet in Town Square. Marie! #KittyPaws
wdw2018005906144983_407774884517 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

CMs from each country were standing along the course waving their country’s flags and singing, cheering and waving. It was really a festive atmosphere to run through and made me smile! I remember thinking I didn’t miss my headphones at all!! I had been worried I’d struggle without my music to run by, but the atmosphere and everything going on around me kept me moving along.

I found that I couldn’t stop smiling on this run. I was feeling great, not getting tired or sore, I had been able to keep running the whole time besides stopping for characters. I was by no means fast, but I was moving!
wdw2018005905789054_407774884516 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Mile 4 at 1 hr and 23 minutes, mile 5 at 1 hr 38 minutes. I was amazed to be keeping a 15 minute mile pace including stopping for a character and the line I had waited in for my pic.

There were PP photographers everywhere I turned in World Showcase. I tried out some Buzz Lightyear type poses after seeing the ridiculousness that were my 5K pictures! These were not better, but at least I was doing something different with my hands :)
wdw2018005905977730_407774884504 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr wdw2018005905882886_408427166530 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr wdw2018005906146541_8155673976 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Running through the Boardwalk was a lot of fun! There were people out with signs and even Twizzlers and beer for runners to grab as they passed by. There was a lady with a really clever sign (which I can no longer remember) and her husband holding his sign that said, “I made a sign!” It just made me smile and laugh and feel really great that people came out here to cheer us on.

Backstage construction (for the gondolas, I think) we encountered a security guard and some construction workers who gave us some encouragement to “Keep running! Run faster! We need to get to work, we need you out of our way!”
20180105_061226 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

As we entered back into Epcot, I saw a familiar sailor hat in the distance, and I knew it was Duffy the bear!! Jimmy adores Duffy and has his own bear at home. This was a no brainer. I was stopping for sure! I ran to his line as fast as I could. There was a bit of a wait, but I didn’t care! And, once again I came in for a hug before posing for my picture. Sorry, serious runners behind me. I can’t help myself!
20180105_062351 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180105_062159 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

His line was a little longer, so it ended up taking me 20 minutes to get to mile 6, but I still couldn’t believe how great I was feeling! I stopped for a pic with the stilt walkers from the Move It! Shake It! Parade and then, I was done!
20180105_062851 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20180105_063122 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr wdw2018005905931026_407774884505 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I can’t even explain how elated I was when I crossed the finish line! I had been so nervous and dreading being defeated by this race. I thought for sure I would be totally gassed out by the end of the first 5K portion and dragging across the finish line by the end. BUT, runDisney is right. Every mile IS magic! I was actually bummed that this was my last race for the weekend, knowing there were two more race days for many others!
wdw2018005906069585_407774884524 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I found Rob quickly and decided to wait for a pic with Mickey. Minnie’s line was insanely long today, longer even than Dopey’s because the 10K is her race.
wdw2018005906104213_8155603905 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Looks like a great evening at DHS. So cool you met up with @Pluto0809

Love the 10K recap. I believe I only stopped for one character (the days all run together when you run Dopey). I definitely regret not stopping for the old hag though...

Yay, more trip report!! :) And you got to meet Duffy!! Congrats on running a great 10K! We were also at Epcot on Friday, wayyyy too early. Hubby misread the park opening times and thought Epcot opened at 8:00 that day so we got there at 7:30. Yeah....no....9:00 opening time and it was 30 degrees. Longest coldest wait ever, but we ended up rope dropping Soarin', Test Track and Mission Space all by 10:30-ish.

So I have just returned from a somewhat epic road trip

Epic is an understatement! I loved following along with you on Facebook.

I even got to walk the red carpet and get interviewed about my race experience

So cool! I didn't see this when we got there.

Awwwww, such a cute picture!

“Who’s Gus?” Ugh. This guy, seriously.

Totally would have been the same thing Jim would have said.

He was so cute acting like he was running with me and clapping his paws.

He did the same with me! We had to reenact the race before taking pictures.

They were already seated and ordering, if I remember correctly.

Yep, we got there a few minutes before 11 and they seated us early.

Jim and Ariana had just finished up their meal by destroying a piece of chocolate cake about this time, so we did get to chat with them for a few minutes before they headed out into the park.

I still can't believe how fast we ate that cake. I was just so hungry after the race!

Ariana and I both remarked on how it was a good call to remove our medals before riding or we may have knocked some teeth out LOL

Yep, I like my teeth where they are thank you.

That combined with the way-too-early wake up had officially done me in

I hit the same wall around 5 pm that night.

I whacked my forehead on the counter and decided I was done for the day.

Ouch! That's no fun.

**Technology has eaten some of my pictures :( I'll post those if I find them!!**

Oh no, I hope you find them.

I thought people left a lot of clothing and blankets behind for the 5K, but I hadn’t seen anything compared to today!

Wow! That's definitely a lot more thank the 5K. I was planning on dropping clothes for the 5K but ended up keeping them because it was so cold.

I was still wishing I’d fudged my time because the difference in wait felt SO long!!

Totally feel your pain here! That extra wait for the last corral to start was brutal during the 5K.

I remember passing groups of Port-o-Potties with lines of people waiting already and I was thinking, “we literally JUST started.”

This would probably have been me. :rotfl:It's always a fine line for me between drinking enough to stay hydrated and drinking too much and needing a bathroom stop every five minutes.

but did decide to stop in France for another character I always tended to miss when she would meet in Town Square. Marie!

Good thing you did because I'm pretty sure she doesn't meet at MK anymore.

I remember thinking I didn’t miss my headphones at all!! I had been worried I’d struggle without my music to run by, but the atmosphere and everything going on around me kept me moving along.

Same here! I was worried about not having my Disney music to motivate me but there was just so much going on I didn't miss it at all. I did run one local race without my headphones because I forgot them and it was not fun.

BUT, runDisney is right. Every mile IS magic!

Totally agree with this one! The Disney 5K was the easiest 5K I have every done. I wish I could do the rest of the races but I'm not sure my ankle will every be able to handle the longer ones.

Looked like an amazing trip! It was fun following along on Facebook!

As we entered the park, I saw Donald and Daisy were out together again! I was very excited to hop in line and try this again! They left to go on break and I thought, Lord help me, two ducks better come back from this break! It seemed they were gone forever, but then, I saw this adorableness headed my way!
20180104_084754 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20180104_085132 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Donald made everyone cheer for me and said, I was #1!
wdw2018004904807001_407699099339 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Great pictures! I never see any characters in DHS :sad2:

This ride isn’t Rob’s favorite, but he braved it again!

Ha! I love his face in the picture, that's what mine always looks like on TOT!

I can’t even explain how elated I was when I crossed the finish line! I had been so nervous and dreading being defeated by this race. I thought for sure I would be totally gassed out by the end of the first 5K portion and dragging across the finish line by the end. BUT, runDisney is right. Every mile IS magic! I was actually bummed that this was my last race for the weekend, knowing there were two more race days for many others!

Congratulations! It does feel really good to finish!!

This ride isn’t Rob’s favorite, but he braved it again!
It's not mine either-in fact I hate it! But I "brave" it for the hilarious videos of my terror stricken face. LOL!

while I ate the chips, cheese and Ghirardelli chocolate from my runDisney snack box with a Coke (#DinnerofChampions) before putting my feet up and falling asleep at 7 p.m.
YES!! Totally a runner right there!

The Buzz gloves I borrowed from my classroom Dress Up center were the best accessory I could have packed!
Genius!!
That 10K race was so fun! It's just such a great distance and I really enjoyed the random construction guy banter. LOL!

You have to do a trip report for this one! I loved following all the surprises on facebook!

Of course, since I didn’t specifically direct him to, Rob didn’t take a picture of this, so you’ll just have to take my word for it!
:rolleyes2

There were PP photographers everywhere I turned in World Showcase. I tried out some Buzz Lightyear type poses after seeing the ridiculousness that were my 5K pictures! These were not better, but at least I was doing something different with my hands :)
I think they are super cute!

Backstage construction (for the gondolas, I think) we encountered a security guard and some construction workers who gave us some encouragement to “Keep running! Run faster! We need to get to work, we need you out of our way!”
Aww, that is equal parts sweet and hilarious!

Yay! I think you should absolutely attempt the Dopey!

What a wild trip you had! I smiled so big for you when you posted about your surprise Disney days!! :lovestruc

Despite my initial plan to maybe take a nap before heading out, we were back on a bus to DHS at 9:13.

I don't know how you did this. I'm pretty sure I stayed in bed until, like, 3pm. Haha

This is so cute!! You guys look great, and the look on Daisy's face says it all.

but I was yelling and pointing him out to Rob who was looking around like, “Who’s Gus?” Ugh. This guy, seriously.

*Facepalm* Nathan is like this, too. He didn't even know who Stacey was last year until I explained to him why I wanted to name our cat after her. :laughing:

The bartender was from Wisconsin, and we chatted with him about the cold weather, and how different it feels in Florida compared to the Midwest, even when we are so used to winter cold!

Agreed!!

I was totally starving by the time our food came, so sorry, you won’t get to see a picture of the pot roast or PBJ shake I demolished. They were delicious.

Yummm! We're doing 50s for the first time this trip and I'm really looking forward to trying it out.

You can see in the pic my toes are off the ground—he almost knocked me backwards!

Wow! What a forceful squishy hug!! So sweet.

While changing into sweats and bending to grab something near the sink/counter, I whacked my forehead on the counter and decided I was done for the day.

Oh no!!

This is too cute. What's the tattoo on your foot?

For the 10K, there were actually volunteers there sorting and bagging clothes, mylar blankets and regular blankets as quickly as people were dumping them over the fences. I did feel better knowing that all of these would be laundered and donated.

I was glad to learn that they donate it all, too. That's a crazy amount of abandoned clothing!!

He gestured and mentioned a half mile down the ride, on the other side of the RV we could see would be the Old Hag from Snow White. I was super excited for the chance to meet her, so I took off.

Yay!! Too bad you couldn't do the meet, but how neat just to see her there. That's a pretty rare meet for sure!

I skipped the Vikings again, but did decide to stop in France for another character I always tended to miss when she would meet in Town Square. Marie! #KittyPaws

Awesome!!

I tried out some Buzz Lightyear type poses after seeing the ridiculousness that were my 5K pictures! These were not better, but at least I was doing something different with my hands :)

:rotfl: I love the poses! I think they came out super fun!

There was a lady with a really clever sign (which I can no longer remember) and her husband holding his sign that said, “I made a sign!” It just made me smile and laugh and feel really great that people came out here to cheer us on.

:rotfl: runDisney supporters are the absolute best!!

After waiting a few minutes, it felt like the line hadn’t moved at all. Again, still feeling anxious, I thought I’d better not stand around too long. I ended up getting out of line and just snapping a pic of her on my way by.
Bummer that you couldn't wait. I don't think I have ever seen her before.

ha!

I am still amazed at your races. I love the idea of doing these but I hate running! Ha!
Congratulations!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter