I Went Running and Racing...and Boozing and Freezing!

Late to the party but I've really enjoyed reading about your trip. I started with your vow renewal TR and then read all of this one today! Some of our Dec/Jan trip days overlapped with yours! It was soooo cold! We wore every warm piece of clothing we had brought. I even bough a mickey stocking hat, which I then wore to recess duty! I too am a K teacher. I can not imagine having 29 or 35 kids in a class! I sure hope you have some help!

Late to the party but I've really enjoyed reading about your trip. I started with your vow renewal TR and then read all of this one today! Some of our Dec/Jan trip days overlapped with yours! It was soooo cold! We wore every warm piece of clothing we had brought. I even bough a mickey stocking hat, which I then wore to recess duty! I too am a K teacher. I can not imagine having 29 or 35 kids in a class! I sure hope you have some help!
Sorry I'm so late in responding!!! I went totally MIA on the DIS this summer, but I'm back in action with my 29 Kindergarten students starting school tomorrow!

So glad you enjoyed reading about our vow renewal, and I promise I'll finish this TR soon LOL I appreciate you sticking with me!

Hi Jackie so glad I ran across your TR. Still only on page 1 but can't wait to read about Run Disney
Thanks for coming along to read!! :) I'm glad you're only on page 1 LOL that will give me time to get some more updates done!

I noted wait times were insane already! In case you can’t read the screens: 210 for 7DMT, 140 Peter Pan’s Flight, and 50 for IASW
Ummmm IASM world 50 mins NO WAY JOSE

Cute

Cool idea

Great picture

So I am totally NOT a runner, like I run a block and can't breathe so you totally qualify as a runner!

Your photos make me wish I could run though! Because that looks SO magical!!!

So I am totally NOT a runner, like I run a block and can't breathe so you totally qualify as a runner!

Your photos make me wish I could run though! Because that looks SO magical!!!

It was the most magical run ever!! It was also probably the longest I've run without feeling totally gassed out. I couldn't stop looking around and soaking it all in. You should definitely try it out, at least the 5K, no matter your running level :)

Also, I swear I haven't fully abandoned this TR....I misplaced the USB drive with my whole TR on it, but FOUND it yesterday, so more updates will be coming!

Ok, I know I said I'd be right back with an update.....more than once.....obviously I am a compulsive liar.

BUT, here we are and I am back!! :) Sorry for the very extended delay. Really inexcusable as I have had the entire report written for months. It's just sitting down here and actually posting updates and adding pics. Ugh. Sorry once more, let's get on with the show!

SOOOOO, when we left off, I had just finished running the most magical 10K (read: the only 10K) of my life!!

20180105_071854 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We headed back to Pop, again waiting barely any time at all to get on a bus. We changed into new layers and headed out to an MK bus by 8:45. We hopped the monorail over to the Polynesian and checked in for our breakfast at ‘Ohana. We had to wait about 15 minutes, and were sitting at the empty bar outside the restaurant entrance. I had really been wanting to try a Lapu Lapu but wasn’t sure what time this bar would be open. I was thinking I’d grab one after breakfast, but lo and behold while we were sitting there a bartender popped up out of nowhere and asked if we’d like anything. I said, “Is it too early for a Lapu Lapu?” and he pulled a pineapple out from behind the bar and started filling it up. #goodanswer
20180105_084735 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Verdict—it was messy. It leaked, so I had to carry it on a little plate when our buzzer went off. I felt kind of silly carrying my pineapple around the restaurant with me, but it certainly was delicious!!

We were seated at a table with a beautiful view looking out over the pool (which was closed because it was SO cold!) The restaurant itself was FREEZING on this side, as well. We mentioned it and were told it is cold because of the windows. The other side of the restaurant, which I walked to just to investigate, was normal temperature, so I have no clue, but it really felt like the air conditioning was on. Brrrrrr.
20180105_090459 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I have never cared about Mickey waffles before (I know, right!? Revoke my DIS card!) but they were damn delicious at ‘Ohana!! Perfect amount of crunchy and soft, and how did I not know Stitch waffles were a thing!?
20180105_092505 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

When Stitch came by, he picked his nose and wiped boogers on Rob’s shirt. My six year old self was hysterical with giggles.
20180105_101553 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We saw Pluto and eventually Lilo made her way to us, but Mickey was taking FOREVER!!! We could see him AAAAAAALLLLLL the way across the restaurant. Meanwhile, we had already paid our bill and were just sitting. And waiting. And waiting. No character handlers seemed to be around and our waitress never came near us again after our bill was settled. I thought this was kind of odd and also pretty annoying. It took until 11:30 for us to finally see Mickey.
20180105_093346 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180105_094434 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

The Poly is gorgeous! If I ever get a really great coupon code, maybe we’ll stay there some day!
20180105_102448 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We headed back to MK and it was super crowded! I was annoyed at how long our breakfast had taken and I was being a little cranky. Rob had really wanted to see Hall of Presidents, so we headed in that direction. I hadn’t really wanted to see it (and in fact vowed NOT to see it for another couple years, all politics aside), but he was a trooper waiting in the cold for me two early wake ups in a row, so off we went.

I couldn’t believe how crowded it was when we walked in. Wall to wall people and security guards throughout. The theater was full, not an empty seat in the house.
20180105_105744 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I really did like the changes that were made in the update of the show. The “Idea of a President” and the quotes interwoven throughout were inspiring and put a nice spin on the show. I also really liked the focus on Abraham Lincoln, as he was Walt’s favorite president.

After the show, we headed back out into the streets of MK and it was sickeningly crowded. I was annoyed and crabby and couldn’t make a decision about what I wanted to do next, so instead we decided to head for the exit!

Yesterday, I had crashed at the end of the day from not taking the much needed break! Today, I didn’t want to spend my last night asleep in bed by 7, so we opted for the break. Though, I still can’t believe I made us go to MK and only came out having experienced the Hall of Presidents.

I fell asleep almost immediately and slept until 4:30, causing me to miss both the DIS meet up at Hurricane Hanna’s and the chance to meet Jim and Ariana at the Abracadabar. I was totally bummed on both accounts, but definitely needed it. #runDisneyRookie

Our plans for the evening were to spend our last night at Epcot. We changed into our obnoxious couple shirts (but c’mon, look how cute we are!) and headed out.
20180105_150823 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180105_154937 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We got a strawberry margarita to share in Mexico. It was delicious, but a little strong!! We were picking up our lanyards where we left off on our vow renewal trip. In line for drinks in Germany, a guy asked us where he could buy one and if it included all the drinks you could drink. No, but what a great idea!
20180105_160135 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180105_162245 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
You also can't read Rob's pins, one of which had Mr. Smee on it and said, "I drink and I know things."

We stopped for PP pics, which started out cute but ended in….this.
wdw2018005906527323_407768126810 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We hit up our FP for Living with the Land, followed by Soarin’ and headed for Spaceship Earth before calling it a night around 9:45. Not the late night I’d imagined, but still better than 7 p.m.!
20180105_172753 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180105_183006 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180105_184913 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

I was pretty surprised overall on this trip that we didn’t do as many early park mornings or late evenings as we usually do when we are at Disney. This was especially shocking to me because we didn’t have Jimmy or my parents or anyone besides just the two of us to accommodate with the schedule. We really did have a lot of time to relax though, and did all of the things that were important to us, so I guess that’s really all that matters.

We grabbed another $15 six pack and lounged around our room watching trash on TV. Now, that’s vacation.
20180105_204623 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Up next: The missing pics I found!!

Saturday, January 6th

Well, here we were, our last morning of the trip. Sigh. Airport check in was right outside the green yoyo, so we headed there after packing up our stuff. Flying down to Orlando, we had carried on one of our suitcases—the one with all of my race stuff and our clothes for NYE. #priorities I was so thankful to be flying Southwest, so we were able to check all of our bags, leaving us just two backpacks to carry on. We left those with Bell Services and took the bus to MK for our last morning of magic.

We strolled slowly down Main Street, soaking it all in. Rob played a couple rounds of Sorcerer’s of the Magic Kingdom. We walked through the castle. My #1 mission this morning was a cinnamon roll from Gaston’s Tavern. It was SO delicious. Best use of a snack credit all week (well, maybe my potato soup on that freezing cold AK day, but at least top 2!)
20180106_083854 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

20180106_085925 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

While we were eating, I saw Gaston was coming out and no one was in line, so I left Rob at the table and bolted out the door! …..only to be cut off by a bunch of little kids. Grrrr. But, it ended up working out because Rob was able to join me for the meet after all.

Gaston accused me of stealing his trophies, and I assured him these were my medals, earned by me.
wdw2018006906783512_407785924192 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

He snorted, “Only 2?” I said, “Well, yeah, I have to learn to run more miles if I want more than 2.” He actually broke character for a moment when he laughed in response. It was pretty funny.
wdw2018006906783516_407785924197 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We wandered over to It’s a Small World because Rob loves it so much. I was confused at first when I saw how our names appeared on the screen at the end this time! But then realized, I had two MBs with me—one was in my purse.
20180106_093007 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Rob spotted the Country Bears wandering around Frontierland and scurried after this poor guy to get a picture. He kept gesturing at Rob but we couldn’t figure out what he was trying to get at LOL
20180106_095440 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We went on Pirates of the Carribean and I got completely soaking wet…..from the canon ball splash. I had been very careful to scoot to the middle to avoid getting wet on the drop. I was NOT expecting it. We headed for lunch after this, where I sat on a bunch of napkins to soak up some water out of my clothes. We had a perfect little window seat, soaking in a little sunshine! Fajitas and toppings were amazing as always. I love that darn toppings bar!
20180106_101029 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
20180106_104142 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We visited the Enchanted Tiki Room, The Swiss Family Treehouse (a first for us!), and the Jungle Cruise. The Christmas layover had been removed since the other day when we were here. On our tour, the guide had pointed out the boats with the three heads signifying Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy. I snapped a pic this time around!
20180106_105918 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180106_112428 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180106_114856 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

With just a little time left before we would need to head back to the hotel, we decided there was no better ride to end our trip with than the People Mover. We got stuck for a few minutes. Lights came on in the tunnel, and for a brief moment I thought my goal of being evacuated off a Disney ride was about to come true. But, alas, the lights went out and we were moving along. #rats
20180106_124147 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180106_124157 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Side note: On this trip, I couldn’t believe the number of times we were on rides that were stopped suddenly or announcements were made during the ride telling people to remain seated or stop standing up. #idiots

Around 2:30, we headed out of the park, and I had tears in my eyes because I don’t know when I will be back. (edit: Sooner than I thought!!) I always get a little weepy when I leave MK for the last time on a trip. I know I’m not the only one, but sometimes I feel a little silly about being so emotionally attached.
20180106_132338 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

We picked up our backpacks from Bell Services and noticed that the pool and pool bar, Petals, were finally open again after having been closed all week! It still wasn’t the hot Florida weather we’d been expecting, but it was the high 60’s and the sunshine felt amazing. We got drinks to go, took off our shoes and sat by the pool. The CMs came out to do Trivia and it was like our trip had come full circle. I just wished that darn cold snap of weather could have come a week later!
20180106_143009 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180106_142017 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Here’s another ridiculous side note: While we were there, a boy (maybe 9 or 10 years old) started to struggle in the middle of the pool. I kept going under and popping up waving his arms around. The lifeguards were all wearing clothes over their suits, and one dove right into help the boy. He pulled him to the side of the pool and the kid took off over to his mother. She was on her phone and hadn’t even noticed the kid was struggling or had just been pulled out of the pool by a lifeguard!! She pointed him over to get himself a towel and WENT BACK TO HER PHONE!! The lifeguard had to stay at his post, but we heard another lifeguard radio to someone who brought out a new warm coat and towel for him. I couldn’t believe the kid’s mother never even got up to say thank you or anything. When we were leaving, we told the lifeguard supervisor how wonderful that lifeguard had been, and so quick to action.

20180106_151827 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr 20180106_152001 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Our Magical Express pick up was at 4:30, which delivered us to MCO shortly after 5 p.m. Sigh. We camped out at a little both in Chili’s Express, had some appetizers and drinks until it was time to head to our gate. The plane boarding next to us was headed for Tennessee and the Titans game was showing on the TVs. It was so funny because all the passengers were distracted by the game and they had to keep making announcements to keep the line moving for people to board.
20180106_161421 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Our flight boarded right on time and at 10:06 we were flying over our beautiful city, Home Sweet Home Chicago.
20180106_220604 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Our luggage took what seemed like forever, but bless my Dad, he drove to pick us up and waited patiently for us. He delivered us home to bed by midnight.

The next morning, we surprised Jimmy by meeting them for breakfast. That night, we reunited Jimmy’s Duffy with Shellie Mae for a movie night before bed.

Back to reality—snow. Cold. NOW the shoes I wanted for our Disney NYE are available. Ugh. Our Disney store closed the week after we came home. Reality stinks. Take me back to Florida, even if it’s cold!

On the plus side, I also discovered that my Vaseline rose scented lip gloss smells exactly like the lobby of Pop Century! It’s been driving me crazy trying to figure out what that stuff smelled like! #mysterysolved

Now…..when can we cruise!?

wdw2018006907208484_8156004530 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr wdw2018006907208485_8156004531 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr

Really inexcusable as I have had the entire report written for months. It's just sitting down here and actually posting updates and adding pics.

I know the feeling as I'm still writing my January one! I only have one more update and it's already written. Now I can move on to finishing the August one and writing about the October trip. I've changed so much over the last few weeks for the October trip! You would think I would leave well enough alone but I never learn.

Oh and when I write mine ahead of time, I do it in Word and include the picture links. Then all I have to do is copy and paste (right click and use "paste as plain text" for the best result) and add color and text size. It's much faster than going back and trying to add the photos later.

“Is it too early for a Lapu Lapu?”

Nope, not at WDW at least!

but it certainly was delicious!!

OK, so what exactly is this drink and what does it taste like? I've always been intrigued by it but have heard so many reports about it being strong and tasting like alcohol. I'm such a lightweight I'm a little scared to try it. :rotfl:

I have never cared about Mickey waffles before (I know, right!? Revoke my DIS card!)

Hmmmm, this might just be a deal breaker........ Nah! :P Everyone has their different tastes. Did you know they have Simba waffles too at Boma?

We saw Pluto

Hi Pluto!

The theater was full, not an empty seat in the house.

Wow! I've never seen it that crowded before but maybe it was because it just opened back up. I didn't see it until February because Jim went the night before the 5K when he was solo.

I fell asleep almost immediately and slept until 4:30, causing me to miss both the DIS meet up at Hurricane Hanna’s and the chance to meet Jim and Ariana at the Abracadabar. I was totally bummed on both accounts, but definitely needed it.

No worries! I'm sure you were exhausted.

:rotfl: I'm surprised we didn't run into each other around World Showcase that night. Jim and I had dinner at Italy right behind you there.

Gaston accused me of stealing his trophies, and I assured him these were my medals, earned by me.

That's pretty funny. Now I wish I had worn mine again when we met him. That was the same friend of Gaston we met on Sunday and he was a dud.

I was confused at first when I saw how our names appeared on the screen at the end this time!

This happened to us too because Jim insisted on wearing all three of his magic bands every day. o_O

We went on Pirates of the Carribean and I got completely soaking wet…..from the canon ball splash

Same for me in August! I got wetter on Pirates than I did on Splash Mountain! Of course in August it felt pretty darn good.

On our tour, the guide had pointed out the boats with the three heads signifying Mickey Mouse, Donald Duck and Goofy. I snapped a pic this time around!

What?!?!? How did I not know this? I'm guessing they told you this on the KTTK tour. Our guide didn't mention that one when we did the tour.

I know I’m not the only one, but sometimes I feel a little silly about being so emotionally attached.

You are definitely not the only one and I'm so glad for my Disney friends who just get it. Most people just think I'm crazy for wanting to go so often.

She pointed him over to get himself a towel and WENT BACK TO HER PHONE!!

>:( Some people are just not fit to be parents!

Um, is this a hint at something coming up? I really want to do a Disney cruise but Jim is pretty much against one. I think I need to get my Mom to go with me. I'm still going back and forth about May also. I really want to go and meet up with everyone but I told Jim I was only going to Disney once next year for the Wine and Dine 5K. Plus I do need to be a responsible adult sometimes and not spend so much on Disney trips.

25572600507_26691c4378_z.jpg

Haha I love this!! Great look for you!

We changed into new layers

Oh man, that brings back memories. *shiver*

I said, “Is it too early for a Lapu Lapu?” and he pulled a pineapple out from behind the bar and started filling it up. #goodanswer

:laughing: Awesome!

and how did I not know Stitch waffles were a thing!?

Yummm!! Also, Simba waffles are a thing as well. I love how horrified Stitch looks in these waffles though.

Though, I still can’t believe I made us go to MK and only came out having experienced the Hall of Presidents.

:rotfl:

I fell asleep almost immediately and slept until 4:30, causing me to miss both the DIS meet up at Hurricane Hanna’s and the chance to meet Jim and Ariana at the Abracadabar. I was totally bummed on both accounts, but definitely needed it. #runDisneyRookie

Oh my goodness, I can totally relate. We only did the 5K, not the 10, and I was passed out for several hours after we got back to the hotel. You're a champ!

Oh my goodness! :laughing: You got the "sisters" pose!! :rotfl:

He snorted, “Only 2?” I said, “Well, yeah, I have to learn to run more miles if I want more than 2.” He actually broke character for a moment when he laughed in response. It was pretty funny.

:rotfl2: Love this!!

I was confused at first when I saw how our names appeared on the screen at the end this time! But then realized, I had two MBs with me—one was in my purse.

Oh no, I had no idea it would do that!! Funny!

Our guide showed us this, too!

Side note: On this trip, I couldn’t believe the number of times we were on rides that were stopped suddenly or announcements were made during the ride telling people to remain seated or stop standing up. #idiots

Wow. #facepalm And speaking of tour guides telling us things: my UnDISCOVERED Future World guide told us on Spaceship Earth that people try to get out of the ride vehicles and take selfies with the animatronics and stuff more often than you'd care to believe, and ride sensors get triggered, and security/police are there to escort them out when they get out of the ride. They do not return. .....like, wow. Why???

She pointed him over to get himself a towel and WENT BACK TO HER PHONE!! The lifeguard had to stay at his post, but we heard another lifeguard radio to someone who brought out a new warm coat and towel for him. I couldn’t believe the kid’s mother never even got up to say thank you or anything. When we were leaving, we told the lifeguard supervisor how wonderful that lifeguard had been, and so quick to action.

NO. WAY. :eek: I can't believe that!!

Verdict—it was messy. It leaked, so I had to carry it on a little plate when our buzzer went off. I felt kind of silly carrying my pineapple around the restaurant with me, but it certainly was delicious!!
It is very messy! But it is just fun drinking a drink out of a pineapple. I know my girls want to get drinks out of the pineapples. I really don't know why they don't have a super expensive pineapple kids drink. People will spend the money.

No character handlers seemed to be around and our waitress never came near us again after our bill was settled. I thought this was kind of odd and also pretty annoying. It took until 11:30 for us to finally see Mickey.
You would think that the waitress would want another table of customers. Strange.

I couldn’t believe how crowded it was when we walked in. Wall to wall people and security guards throughout. The theater was full, not an empty seat in the house.
Interesting how busy is was. We did Hall of Presidents awhile back and it really isn't on the top of our priority list, regardless of who is president. Morgan said it was a boring History Lesson. Oye.

Yesterday, I had crashed at the end of the day from not taking the much needed break! Today, I didn’t want to spend my last night asleep in bed by 7, so we opted for the break. Though, I still can’t believe I made us go to MK and only came out having experienced the Hall of Presidents.
I do find this kind of funny. But you just never know... You did have breakfast first.

I really don't know how some people run those races and then do parks all day! Running on of those races would be exhausting enough for me.

I love the hat! I think Andy needs one.

We grabbed another $15 six pack and lounged around our room watching trash on TV. Now, that’s vacation.
Kind of sounds like a nice evening!

I was so thankful to be flying Southwest, so we were able to check all of our bags, leaving us just two backpacks to carry on. We left those with Bell Services and took the bus to MK for our last morning of magic.
It is one of the best "extras" that they have. It is soooooo nice to not have to worry about the suitcases. Andy vowed never to fly Frontier again and only fly Southwest for this reason.

OMG! Your face is awsome in this picture.

We wandered over to It’s a Small World because Rob loves it so much. I was confused at first when I saw how our names appeared on the screen at the end this time! But then realized, I had two MBs with me—one was in my purse.
That is cheating!

We had a perfect little window seat, soaking in a little sunshine! Fajitas and toppings were amazing as always. I love that darn toppings bar!
We love splitting the fajita platter. I heard that there was no longer guacamole on the toppings bar?

Here’s another ridiculous side note: While we were there, a boy (maybe 9 or 10 years old) started to struggle in the middle of the pool. I kept going under and popping up waving his arms around. The lifeguards were all wearing clothes over their suits, and one dove right into help the boy. He pulled him to the side of the pool and the kid took off over to his mother. She was on her phone and hadn’t even noticed the kid was struggling or had just been pulled out of the pool by a lifeguard!! She pointed him over to get himself a towel and WENT BACK TO HER PHONE!! The lifeguard had to stay at his post, but we heard another lifeguard radio to someone who brought out a new warm coat and towel for him. I couldn’t believe the kid’s mother never even got up to say thank you or anything. When we were leaving, we told the lifeguard supervisor how wonderful that lifeguard had been, and so quick to action.
The lifeguards at Disney are top notch! I wouldn't recommend completely ignoring your kid but If you need to, this is the place. They have the best practices! the lifeguards at our local pool club, are garbage! I always try to keep at least a little bit of a watch even thought Morgan and Gwen both know how to swim laps at this point.

You mentioned it in my TR. When are you guys cruising? Have you guys done a cruise before?

I've changed so much over the last few weeks for the October trip! You would think I would leave well enough alone but I never learn.
I am CONSTANTLY doing this up until the trip!! WHY!? I feel like I make myself insane, but I want to squeeze every little ounce of magic into every moment :) We are nuts.

OK, so what exactly is this drink and what does it taste like? I've always been intrigued by it but have heard so many reports about it being strong and tasting like alcohol. I'm such a lightweight I'm a little scared to try it. :rotfl:
From the Menu:
20180105_083926 by Jackie Lagoni, on Flickr
I honestly didn't think it was strong AT ALL! It tasted fruity mostly. I hardly noticed any alcohol flavor in it and definitely didn't feel tipsy at all. I watched him put the rum in, so I know it was there, but definitely wasn't too strong.

That's pretty funny. Now I wish I had worn mine again when we met him. That was the same friend of Gaston we met on Sunday and he was a dud.
He was not great. He's the only one we've ever met, too!!

This happened to us too because Jim insisted on wearing all three of his magic bands every day. o_O
Of course he did :) I love that!

Um, is this a hint at something coming up? I really want to do a Disney cruise but Jim is pretty much against one. I think I need to get my Mom to go with me. I'm still going back and forth about May also. I really want to go and meet up with everyone but I told Jim I was only going to Disney once next year for the Wine and Dine 5K. Plus I do need to be a responsible adult sometimes and not spend so much on Disney trips.
Yes, ma'am!! :) I cruised with my BFF when we graduated high school in 2000, and Rob and I cruised for our land and sea honeymoon in 2006, but haven't been since then! My parents, Rob, Jimmy and I will be doing a Very Merrytime Cruise next December ON Christmas!!

Oh my goodness! :laughing: You got the "sisters" pose!! :rotfl:
Right?! Ridiculous anyway, but even more so because he is SO much taller than me, so we cannot "lean" this way!!!

I really don't know why they don't have a super expensive pineapple kids drink. People will spend the money.
I'd buy it :) I know you'd buy two!

I love the hat! I think Andy needs one.
You can't see it, but he has a matching Pizza Planet Delivery tshirt on, too! I got them both on Etsy super cheap during a 4th of July sale!

OMG! Your face is awsome in this picture.
I didn't realize I was "mugging" quite so hard at Gaston, but this is the magic of Photopass photographers LOL Resting b**** face captured!

We love splitting the fajita platter. I heard that there was no longer guacamole on the toppings bar?
Mmmmm, me, too!!! I could go for one right now! Yes, sadly the guacamole is no longer on the toppings bar!! You have to pay extra for it (a couple bucks) and it's the tiniest little condiment cup full. So not worth it :(

You mentioned it in my TR. When are you guys cruising? Have you guys done a cruise before?
Very Merrytime Cruise 12/23-27/2019. I did in 2000, and Rob & I on our Honeymoon in '06 but have only dreamed of it since then. We are super excited to do it again, especially spending Christmas Eve in the Bahamas and waking up Christmas morning on Castaway Cay!

Aww I am feeling your last day sadness.

I would also be irritated with myself if all I managed to do at MK was hall of presidents. I have never seen that attraction and it will probably be a while before I do. We opted for the photopass photo next to the Liberty Bell instead! Also your DATW shirts are super cute! I should make Andrew wear one next time we go ha!

I too get emotionally attached to the MK. At my wedding two weeks ago (how has it already been almost two weeks) I made a speech and explained my love of Disney and when I was 5 my uncle and grandma had taken me there for my first trip, and they died within a few years of that trip, so when I go it reminds me of them......and I bet allllll the people that made fun of my Disney loves felt like jerks right about then! So I get it with the last day blues! Sorry you didn't get your evac :( I got evacuated from Spash back in 08, we were stuck on the hill for 40 minutes! Good times lol.

Soooo when ya cruisin?

At my wedding two weeks ago (how has it already been almost two weeks) I made a speech and explained my love of Disney and when I was 5 my uncle and grandma had taken me there for my first trip, and they died within a few years of that trip, so when I go it reminds me of them......and I bet allllll the people that made fun of my Disney loves felt like jerks right about then!
Sweet revenge on all the Disney haters!! I love that story, and it's so nice that you have special meaning on your trips besides just the magic & fun. Also, I didn't realize the wedding happened already!!! Oops--belated Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs.! :)

Soooo when ya cruisin?
Next Christmas! :) I'll update again soon with details!

Sorry for the very extended delay. Really inexcusable as I have had the entire report written for months. It's just sitting down here and actually posting updates and adding pics. Ugh. Sorry once more, let's get on with the show!
Totally feel you on that one! And please tell me you'll write a TR for your epic family roadtrip?

So I am WAY late to this party but I just read through it all :)

Your first day sounds awesome and you both really soldiered through into the late night hours! Your dinner at CRT sounds like it was so nice!

The NYE party sounds like a lot of fun! Love the photo ops!

Sounds like a nice day at DHS. Except for the cold- yuck!!

Your race outfits are adorable!! Glad both the 5k and 10k went well- love all the character photos you stopped for! Congrats on those medals!

Last days are always so sad! But you definitely made the best of it!

Totally feel you on that one! And please tell me you'll write a TR for your epic family roadtrip?
I was thinking I would do a little recap of it on this TR. It was SO much fun, and I'd love to relive it :)

So I am WAY late to this party but I just read through it all :)
Thanks for reading!! It feels like it took me forever to get this one finished!!! But, now that I've reached the end, I think I'll toss in some updates from our totally unplanned surprise two days at WDW this summer, as well as the trip we booked for next Christmas. So, stick around :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter