I Was Quoted A Wrong Rate During Reservation. Is It A Big Deal?

Madi100

DIS Veteran
I called yesterday to make our reservation for 1/17 - 1/22 of 2004. I was quoted a price of $99 a night. With tax I had to make a deposit of $221.76 . I got to thinking that it seemed a little high for the room. BTW, we are getting two rooms at ASMo. I checked out rates and they are $77 a night for value season, which we are traveling in.

Do I need to call and get that changed? I have no problem paying the $221 because it's less money I have to pay later. I'm actually hoping to find a code later on to make it even cheaper. Am I held to that price of $99 if I don't find a code? Did I do things correctly?

The reason it seems high is because they book you at rack rate not a discount rate for season. Since they have "NOT" established what dates will be value for 2004 yet (which we know that those dates will be) they book you at rack rate for that time of year. Since you are paying a higher deposit when you call and tranfer to the cheaper rate it just means you have less to pay off then. Trying to put it in a positive way. Not that any of us have extra money to just give to Disney to hold for a year earning them interest. ;)
Hope this helps.

Prices for 2004 have not been set yet. When they are, your reservation will be changed to reflect the 2004 rate for the time that you are visiting. There should be something written somewhere on your confirmation letter that talks about rates subject to change for next year.

I believe they charge you 2003 rack rates for REGULAR season, even though January will surely be Value season. It'll all be fixed later :)

It's likely that $77 will go up a little bit for 2004. But it's also likely that you will get a discount of some kind!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter