I want a pedestrian bridge from GF to MK!

If Disney thought it would be a big plus, they would put one in. There is a walkway between the Epcot resorts and DHS. It isn't all that used....people say the walk is too far, especially if it's hot or rainy. I believe the walk from the GF would be even further. Perhaps a better idea would be to reverse the resort monorail line at park closing, and have it not stop at the TTC. It would make sense that the GF and Polynesian be the first stops when returning from MK. But I doubt Disney would ever do that.

If Disney thought it would be a big plus, they would put one in. There is a walkway between the Epcot resorts and DHS. It isn't all that used....people say the walk is too far, especially if it's hot or rainy. I believe the walk from the GF would be even further. Perhaps a better idea would be to reverse the resort monorail line at park closing, and have it not stop at the TTC. It would make sense that the GF and Polynesian be the first stops when returning from MK. But I doubt Disney would ever do that.
The resort monorail has to stop at TTC, it can't skip it. Too many people come back from Epcot on the monorail, and then transfer at TTC to the resort monorail.

Honestly, the lack of a pedestrian walkway to GF is one of the reasons i'm considering never staying there again. Our last trip, the monorail was down, emergency buses were running slow, and the boat line was crazy. Made for a really stressful stay at what is supposed to be a serene and quiet resort.

It's really marshy along that land. It could wind up being another gator attack area that they would need to fence off completely. Disney doesn't like guests wandering around areas where they aren't. They would need to staff the path/walkway/bridge at all times to keep guests from doing stupid stuff.

That’s my guess. There are also woods on the side part of the way.

It's really marshy along that land. It could wind up being another gator attack area that they would need to fence off completely. Disney doesn't like guests wandering around areas where they aren't. They would need to staff the path/walkway/bridge at all times to keep guests from doing stupid stuff.

That’s my guess. There are also woods on the side part of the way.

They have a very out of the way walkway between WL and FW. No bridge or water, but we’ve walked it and it not seen any other people. The walkway between the GF and Poly isn’t quite as long, but it’s not staffed. You can walk from the MK to the end of the walkway toward the GF and i’ve never passed anyone there when I’ve done it. I guess I don’t think that’s the reason, I think it’s simply money. People do stupid stuff everywhere all the time anyway, staffed or not.

We stayed at Bay Lake Tower a few days ago. Walking back at park closing, I saw several groups walking to cars in the parking lot. I don't know for sure there wasn't a legitimate reason for this, of course.

I've seen the same thing at the Poly, with people getting off the monorail and heading for the parking lot. If GF and Poly became walkable it might make people even more likely to nefariously utilize the parking lots.

It would probably be worth it, though. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter