I want a pedestrian bridge from GF to MK!

BabybetterDisney

DIS Veteran
I'm sure this has been said many times already. But I really want to be able to walk from the Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom! Just add to the current monorail bridge to have a pedestrian walkway. Same height; won't block the boats or hurt anything else. That way, the Grand Floridian will have the same walking access as the Contemporary. Imagine how neat that would be. It will make all three MK hotels "within walking distance" to MK.

I am in the same boat. The grand would be a total home run if you could walk to it from the MK. I think i read once what the technical reason is why there is no walk way but i forget. at the very least if they had the bigger boats the way the Wilderness Lodge does where you could wheel strollers and other assisted devices onto it it would be much better as well. esp when the monorails break down so often and at park close when its insane to leave sometimes. a bigger boat would def be helpful if they could not do a bridge to walk

Walking over to MK would be nice, but even nicer is the relative tranquillity which the smaller boats and the slightly less easy access to GF afford. ...Just a thought. :sail:

Last edited:

I'm sure this has been said many times already. But I really want to be able to walk from the Grand Floridian to Magic Kingdom! Just add to the current monorail bridge to have a pedestrian walkway. Same height; won't block the boats or hurt anything else. That way, the Grand Floridian will have the same walking access as the Contemporary. Imagine how neat that would be. It will make all three MK hotels "within walking distance" to MK.
I don't see it happening. It would have to seriously increase revenue. Disney doesn't do anything that doesn't increase the bottom line. To do that, they would have to increase hotel rates (aren't GF prices already outrageously high?). You can bet that there will be an appropriate price increase at the Skyliner resorts to match the new, efficient transportation option available to their guests.

That would have been awesome while staying at Polynesian.

The boats are nice, but leaving MK at night, it would be a great option to be able to walk back to Polynesian for those who didn't mind the distance! :)

One issue, Electric Boat Parade
It would have to be a bridge like they have in Epcot for Illuminations floats to come/go
I'm going to guess that's what has made it not cost effective. If it didn't have to go up/down I bet it would have been built already

No way will they make it be as high as the monorail for the whole distance.

I wondered the same thing many times....they already have a walkway that's about 70% completed from MK to GF. They would only need to complete the other 30% to make it to the GF. I have walked that walkway many times as one of the bricks my wife and I did back in the 90's is towards the end of the walkway. You can see the GF and almost touch it so close but yet so far. The only issue I see to completing the walkway is they would need to build a bridge to get over the canal. There are actually two canals that you must get over but the other one isn't the issue its the one at the end of the walkway. The problem is that canal houses the electric water parade barges. So the only fix I see is to one either make a high enough walkway bridge that ascends and descends over the canal or make a pedestrian draw bridge.

I don't see it happening. It would have to seriously increase revenue. Disney doesn't do anything that doesn't increase the bottom line. To do that, they would have to increase hotel rates (aren't GF prices already outrageously high?). You can bet that there will be an appropriate price increase at the Skyliner resorts to match the new, efficient transportation option available to their guests.
They could sell some more of those brick pavers for $500 a pop. It would be paid for as fast as the website would keep up.

That would be nice. I will be staying at the GFV in the foreseeable future with birth of my little girl and it would be nice to be able to walk back instead of getting in the packed monorail to get back to the room or struggle to get on the boats with a stroller.

That would be great, but it would need to be elevated to go over the canal where they park the Electric Water Pageant. If they sold bricks again, they would have the funds for the bridge.

1b0c724a74eaf7149799c0d86424b739--air-balloon-rides-hot-air-balloons.jpg

...Probably not practical! ;):D;)

WOULD be nice, and I think about the exact same thing every time Im at GF. HOWEVER, Im afraid a foot bridge would just inundate the resort with non-resort guests from MK who just want a lookey loo. Sure they can do the same now with the monorail, but that keeps it somewhat in check. Add a footbridge and it will look like Main Street over there.

p.png

But IF they were to add one, why go over the water? It could be done fairly inexpensively following this route.

Last edited:
We stayed at the GF the night before our wedding last April and hubby and I said the same thing! It took us FOREVER to get back to the GF after fireworks. What's sad is we even saw a guy attempt to walk it.. until he got to that one waterway portion about halfway where there is no bridge :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts