I tried asking this in the restaurant board

tinkerbellandeeyor

DIS Veteran
I am trying to be considerate of those that are allergic to peanut butter so I need ideas that will not spoil or kill others I heard of sunflower spread but I have not been able to find it I hate chicken and tuna salad

Hi, I have a son who loves pb&j but his preschool is nut-free. We have had great success with “wow butter”. I’m able to find it in Roche Bros. and he barely notices the difference from regular peanut butter. Good luck!

Are you asking what peanut butter alternatives are available at Disney or just in general?

In general I am packing all three meals to eat while I am standing in line to safe time and money but I don’t want to do peanut butter because it will be my luck that I am near someone with a peanut allergy

You can find different nut butters and spreads in the "natural food" section of your grocery store (where the Organic foods are), or at a specialty Natural Food store.

I've tried a lot of different nut butters, and my favourite is Almond Butter. I also really like Pumpkin Seed Butter, but not a lot of people like that one (including my family)

And then there is my son who is allergic to almond but not peanut butter! Lol
Point being, unless you know you are going to be with someone with an allergy, I would not worry about what you pack yourself. Those of us with allergic kids know when we take them to large public places, there will be allergens, and we are prepared in case of emergency

In general I am packing all three meals to eat while I am standing in line to safe time and money but I don’t want to do peanut butter because it will be my luck that I am near someone with a peanut allergy

That's very considerate of you! Do you like hummus? You could make a hummus sandwich and even put some lettuce and tomato in it. Even a cheese sandwich, if you like cheese. Neither would need to be refrigerated.

That's very considerate of you! Do you like hummus? You could make a hummus sandwich and even put some lettuce and tomato in it. Even a cheese sandwich, if you like cheese. Neither would need to be refrigerated.
You are making me hungry!

Sunbutter is delicious. There is also a product called Wow Butter. It is made with soy bean. There is also No Nut butter, made with golden peas. My favourites are Sunbutter and No Nut butter.

I would pack what you like esp if it is shelf stable and can take the Florida heat. Disney sells peanut products including PB&J uncrustable (portable sandwiches) so I would imagine folks with allergies (or parents thereof) are cautious of this already. As always be neat, dispose of your trash responsibly and maybe keep some sani soap or wipes to wipe your hands after eating and before touching ride vehicles or railings.

It's nice of you to be considerate but since WDW isn't peanut free I suspect that those with peanut allergies are already taking precautions. As for alternatives, my sons prefer cashew or soy butter. They aren't almond butter fans.

I just wanted to say THANK YOU for being so sweet and considerate of others. (My son has severe peanut and tree nut allergies.)

I second the Sunbutter. I have seen it in the peanut butter section of most grocery stores.

So nice of you to consider that! I am conscious of that as well when going anywhere, not just WDW. But, like others said, WDW sells items with peanut butter.

As a parent to a little one with a severe tree nut allergy, thank you for being so mindful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!